Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dan9700

Suspended
May 28, 2015
I have replaced my maxed out 15" and now waiting for new one this is a joke £3000 and massive problems if the new one is bad then screw this mac, i kinda wish i stuck with my 2015 one, apple have screwed up big time and its sad for that money we have to wait for new software to try fix it

ArchimeZix

macrumors 6502
Sep 21, 2014
Milky Way
How many of you got the same issues with the 2.6 CPU ??

Are all of you using the 2.7 or the 2.9 ??

I mean it could be a faulty intel GPU with some of the models but not all of them at the same time !!

But again why more than half of the world are not getting any issue with their devices... this means it is not a software issue..

caddison

macrumors member
Mar 9, 2015
Midwest
But again why more than half of the world are not getting any issue with their devices...
It could be because most of the people who own their computers aren't using them in a way that could cause the crash.

My machine works just fine doing just about anything besides working with video.

Jaekae

macrumors 6502a
Dec 4, 2012
It could be because most of the people who own their computers aren't using them in a way that could cause the crash.

My machine works just fine doing just about anything besides working with video.

Yes and the color freak out glitch caused by intel gpu is not something that comes often by it self, but everytime if using a way to reproduce it. So probably many that have it but dont noticed it yet

JanInLA

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 16, 2016
I just started getting the issue.

So pissed off... UGH.

I was working with Adobe Premiere and it went into red checkerboard mode and totally froze.

Restarted my machine and now I can see flickering and a faint checkerboard pattern on my desktop, which goes away if I move the mouse or start typing. It comes back after about a second of inactivity.

WTF... so bummed out.

:mad::(:mad::(
Did you update your OS? Helped with mine.
[doublepost=1482165486][/doublepost]AT THE MOMENT ALL ISSUES ARE GONE AFTER 10.12.2 UPDATE!!!
I just batched rendered 60 clips from Red format into Prores Proxies in Adobe Media encoder and nothing happened.
The actual render was FASTER than in FCPX.
And as I said before the login glitch is gone as well.
Machine seems to be working fine.
I'm not convinced yet though because it took so long to get here.
Also I'm pissed because I spent $550 on software that I'm not going to use now because I'm going back to editing in Adobe CC.
Until the next catastrophe - I'm traumatized, haha.

Reactions: scoopz

cmanbrazil

macrumors regular
Feb 3, 2010
The only issue I am having is when I scroll quickly in Acrobat XI pro, the text becomes blurry. It clears up if scroll up and down a little on the same page. This happens on multipage documents with a lot of text. It doesn't affect printing.

se3110

macrumors newbie
Dec 16, 2016
I have got a graphic issue on my new ntbMBP shown in picture 1.

When I change the scaling factor (e.g. more space), then it´s gone, see picture 2.

Has anybody else this problem?

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    9.5 KB · Views: 189
  • 2.png
    2.png
    11.6 KB · Views: 173

blSwagger

macrumors member
Oct 15, 2008
I just received my 2.7/460/1tb! It came with 10.12.2 installed. So far, no glitches, but Photos has crashed (closed "unexpectedly") 4 times already within a matter of a couple minutes. :(

Restlesslegs

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2015
I just received my 2.7/460/1tb! It came with 10.12.2 installed. So far, no glitches, but Photos has crashed (closed "unexpectedly") 4 times already within a matter of a couple minutes. :(

Apple Photos is a desaster in terms of functionality and stability. No idea why iPhoto had to die... A few days ago I made a photo book with Photos and the longest crash-free period I had was about 45 minutes... (sorry for being slightly off-topic)

ManuCH

macrumors 65832
May 7, 2009
Switzerland

That's not related to the new MBP. It does it on all Macs if you download your photos from iCloud Photos in a new library (especially if you have a lot of them). Had it all the time. After a few crashes it will work eventually and become stable after that.

zzzachi

macrumors regular
Jun 16, 2012
i have a 13" mbp, the one without touchbar.
i didnt have any gfx problems before 10.12.2
but now with 10.12.2 i see some strange faint horizontal stripes on the top of the screen,
i can see them like a faint overlay on the menubar and sometimes they flicker a bit.
this is not normal.

EDIT:
i have this when the computer wakes fresh from sleep after some hours.
when i work with it for 30-45 minutes the glitch is gone.

Last edited:

felixswensson

macrumors newbie
Oct 24, 2016
I clean installation fixed all my previous problems it seems. I had problems with my computer crashing and showing a screen full of graphic bugs during heavy load. Video transcoding to be more specific.

Jul 4, 2015
Paris
Did you update your OS? Helped with mine.
[doublepost=1482165486][/doublepost]AT THE MOMENT ALL ISSUES ARE GONE AFTER 10.12.2 UPDATE!!!
I just batched rendered 60 clips from Red format into Prores Proxies in Adobe Media encoder and nothing happened.
The actual render was FASTER than in FCPX.
And as I said before the login glitch is gone as well.
Machine seems to be working fine.
I'm not convinced yet though because it took so long to get here.
Also I'm pissed because I spent $550 on software that I'm not going to use now because I'm going back to editing in Adobe CC.
Until the next catastrophe - I'm traumatized, haha.

Congrats, but nobody should expect the graphics drivers to be optimised that soon. Never in the history of OS X/macOS have graphics drivers been optimised until at least a year.

Did you know that the GeForce 650/750/755/780 driver wasn't optimised until Sierra? Apple was using a very old driver build that hadn't been updated since Mavericks. It didn't produce visual bugs but it was up to 30% slower in some applications than presently.

jlingo

macrumors newbie
Dec 20, 2016
I ordered my macbook pro Touchbar 2.9Ghz 2TB right during the keynote.
I finally had a chance to use the macbook 3 days ago and updated to 10.12.2 before using it.
I installed Photoshop, illustrator, Lightroom, Bridge CC, Office 2016, Omni and have been editing RAW Photos but so far haven't encountered any glitches even after sleep mode.
Photo apps kept on crashing few times.
I haven't installed adobe premier nor media encoder since I don't work on video.
But in my case my number "0" key was acting up today. I needed to press hard in order for it to work. Not sure what seems to be the problem yet.

JanInLA

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 16, 2016
I clean installation fixed all my previous problems it seems. I had problems with my computer crashing and showing a screen full of graphic bugs during heavy load. Video transcoding to be more specific.
Same here - that's good news. But the performance in After Effects is super sluggish. Are you using AE?
[doublepost=1482340049][/doublepost]
Congrats, but nobody should expect the graphics drivers to be optimised that soon. Never in the history of OS X/macOS have graphics drivers been optimised until at least a year.

Did you know that the GeForce 650/750/755/780 driver wasn't optimised until Sierra? Apple was using a very old driver build that hadn't been updated since Mavericks. It didn't produce visual bugs but it was up to 30% slower in some applications than presently.
Everything seemed to be snappy until I used After Effects. Doesn't play back comps - even if rendered. Exports incorrectly.

Dolores Abernathy

macrumors newbie
Nov 30, 2016
Just to warn everyone. I downloaded windows 10 through BootCamp and everything seemed fine. While playing a game I saw a minor graphics glitches. But aside from that everything was fine. Now that I logged back into mac OS the speakers immediately made a very terrible sound and they are broken. the sound comes out even at the lowest volume. Additionally, there are more graphics glitches that weren't there before in mac OS. Previously my only issue was the start up glitch and some minor dock glitch.

Suspended
Oct 1, 2014
Just to warn everyone. I downloaded windows 10 through BootCamp and everything seemed fine. While playing a game I saw a minor graphics glitches. But aside from that everything was fine. Now that I logged back into mac OS the speakers immediately made a very terrible sound and they are broken. the sound comes out even at the lowest volume. Additionally, there are more graphics glitches that weren't there before in mac OS. Previously my only issue was the start up glitch and some minor dock glitch.
Did you update the audio driver in Windows before you did anything? Sounds like you didn't. MacRumors covered this already. Here's the Apple Support article.

It's all slightly sad, really. Like watching a TV serial you've previously enjoyed deteriorate into absurdity before being cancelled…

Dolores Abernathy

macrumors newbie
Nov 30, 2016
Did you update the audio driver in Windows before you did anything? Sounds like you didn't. MacRumors covered this already. Here's the Apple Support article.

It's all slightly sad, really. Like watching a TV serial you've previously enjoyed deteriorate into absurdity before being canceled…
lol, i think that's already included in the boot camp download because I downloaded windows yesterday. But whatever I decided I'm just gonna return it and wait for the one next year when apple gets their **** together.

Kuro Tanaka

macrumors member
Nov 1, 2013
I'm also experiencing numerous graphical issues on a MacBook Pro with the following specifications;

Processor: 2.9GHz
Memory: 16GB
Graphics: Radeon Pro 460

The issues have persisted after performing a factory installation of mac OS 10.12.2.

A photo of a recent example has been included for reference. Other graphical issues include, distorted text, ghosting, screen tearing and no output signal to an external monitor using HDMI.

Furthermore I have experienced a number of operating system crashes.

Attachments

• Mac Display Issues.png
    Mac Display Issues.png
    867.2 KB · Views: 207
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.