Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stafil

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2017
e79e5229a1092855a27862252c87bd31.png
Is this a screenshot?

Reactions: madKIR

thelead

macrumors 6502a
Apr 30, 2010
the iOS 12.1 beta 3 seems to make it a small bit bluer
I’m going to say placebo. I just installed it hoping to see a difference but I don’t think there is. It would cause those that have a cooler screen to go more blue. What they need to do is add a screen calibration menu in settings.

choocn

macrumors member
Oct 9, 2018
3 XSes here.
1st image: Left: mine (serial: DN). Centre and right: Apple Store show floor sets (mostly C39 or C37).
2nd image: True Tone ON.

There are very very slight variances in most phones.
Mine is just very slightly "pinkish" compared to my iPhone 7, but has better brightness, and sometimes contrast than some of the 10 over show floor sets I compared with. While I'd prefer mine to be the same as my iPhone 7, I don't think it's "bad" enough to warrant a replacement. Bought from telco, and so a return, refund and rebuy option is not possible (in my country/telco).

Attachments

• IMG_8362.jpg
    IMG_8362.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 374
  • IMG_8364TT.jpg
    IMG_8364TT.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 374
Reactions: DanPH77

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Oct 1, 2007
No, it further confirms that he’s trolling everyone. And then screenshotting it for posterity. To be fair, it’s all been pretty funny, but he’s just trolling.

Have you dabbled w xs / xs max?

How’s your luck been?

I know you’re a “screen guy”

WilliamG

macrumors G3
Mar 29, 2008
Seattle
Have you dabbled w xs / xs max?

How’s your luck been?

I know you’re a “screen guy”

Me? A screen guy? No idea what you’re talking about...

*cough*

Ok fine. Yes. I got my XS Max on day 1. Screen is great. Really great. As long as True Tone isn’t on, of course.

When I got my X last year I went through three (I lost count - maybe more) grey units that all had green-tinted displays that were awful. Then I got the silver one and it was “perfect.” Coincidence? Hard to say. But a friend of mine in the UK had the same bad luck with grey, and a good one - silver. My wife’s silver X was perfect first try. And her XS silver is also perfect.

So this year I went silver. And it’s great. That same friend bought both a silver and a space grey XS Max this year. SAME issue with the grey one, so he’s keeping the silver.

Coincidence? Possibly. But...

Reactions: thadoggfather

Ashleyx0x0marie

macrumors newbie
Sep 27, 2018
3 XSes here.
1st image: Left: mine (serial: DN). Centre and right: Apple Store show floor sets (mostly C39 or C37).
2nd image: True Tone ON.

There are very very slight variances in most phones.
Mine is just very slightly "pinkish" compared to my iPhone 7, but has better brightness, and sometimes contrast than some of the 10 over show floor sets I compared with. While I'd prefer mine to be the same as my iPhone 7, I don't think it's "bad" enough to warrant a replacement. Bought from telco, and so a return, refund and rebuy option is not possible (in my country/telco).
Yours looks pretty good from pictures. Is it on the cooler side next to your 7? I still have my 7+ and I prefer it’s cooler temp my max is too warm next to it.

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Oct 1, 2007

*cough*

Ok fine. Yes. I got my XS Max on day 1. Screen is great. Really great. As long as True Tone isn’t on, of course.

When I got my X last year I went through three (I lost count - maybe more) grey units that all had green-tinted displays that were awful. Then I got the silver one and it was “perfect.” Coincidence? Hard to say. But a friend of mine in the UK had the same bad luck with grey, and a good one - silver. My wife’s silver X was perfect first try. And her XS silver is also perfect.

So this year I went silver. And it’s great. That same friend bought both a silver and a space grey XS Max this year. SAME issue with the grey one, so he’s keeping the silver.

That’s the best when you had a rough time with previous gen and nail it the next time you’re up to bat! Congrats! It’s a boy!

By green tint on X do you mean this?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.reddit.com/r/iphone/comments/7c3pm2/iphone_x_green_tint_in_screen/

Frostys

macrumors newbie
Sep 24, 2018
Beta 3 is nothing but a placebo effect. Screen is warm and colors are washed still

choocn

macrumors member
Oct 9, 2018
Yours looks pretty good from pictures. Is it on the cooler side next to your 7? I still have my 7+ and I prefer it’s cooler temp my max is too warm next to it.

My iPhone 7 is slightly cooler than my XS. Would prefer my XS to be like some of the demo units I saw in shops, but am not going into the exchange "lottery".

Ashleyx0x0marie

macrumors newbie
Sep 27, 2018
My iPhone 7 is slightly cooler than my XS. Would prefer my XS to be like some of the demo units I saw in shops, but am not going into the exchange "lottery".
I might have to exchange mine. I feel mine is more than slightly warmer.

Attachments

• 18D573E7-49E7-4C87-B340-1BC814659927.jpeg
    18D573E7-49E7-4C87-B340-1BC814659927.jpeg
    601.3 KB · Views: 368

kre62

macrumors 68020
Jul 12, 2010

*cough*

You know whats funny? I've noticed this over the years as well. Seems like the silver ones have a have a higher likelihood of good screens. I always get black and always notice people with beautiful clear screens on their silver phones.

thelead

macrumors 6502a
Apr 30, 2010
The problem is that, usually, the apple store displays are perfect and you go on your search for that near perfect panel but what I'm seeing in the stores is just shades of yellow/green.

Reactions: jimmy_uk

kre62

macrumors 68020
Jul 12, 2010
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.