Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DanPH77

macrumors member
Oct 2, 2018
people are saying iOS 12.1 beta 3 makes tint look bluer can anyone confirm this
I can confirm that the updated version my TT on doesnt have an aggressive yellow tint.
[doublepost=1539157005][/doublepost]
Absolutely no difference whatsoever on mine. In my opinion nothing more than placebo if anyone believes theirs has changed.

Color temp can be changed in software so it may or may not be placebo.
[doublepost=1539157258][/doublepost]
40c29b703ef66c878fcf959975f7f80a.jpg

That is way too blue without color filters on...not even natural white
[doublepost=1539157373][/doublepost]
3 XSes here.
1st image: Left: mine (serial: DN). Centre and right: Apple Store show floor sets (mostly C39 or C37).
2nd image: True Tone ON.

There are very very slight variances in most phones.
Mine is just very slightly "pinkish" compared to my iPhone 7, but has better brightness, and sometimes contrast than some of the 10 over show floor sets I compared with. While I'd prefer mine to be the same as my iPhone 7, I don't think it's "bad" enough to warrant a replacement. Bought from telco, and so a return, refund and rebuy option is not possible (in my country/telco).
far right one looks the best
[doublepost=1539158003][/doublepost]
It’s a curse

Apple should hire me so I can cure the pain for all of you for them to produce consistent displays lol!
Is there a website to test against "natural or pure white"? The blacks on my XS MAX were good and I could see the gray box...but is there something like that for white?

Jim McN

macrumors regular
Nov 14, 2017
Here you are. Two X next to an XS Max. All with same TT settings, max brightness

First one is X 64GB, second X 256GB and third XS MAX 256GB.

All of them look more or less the same to my eye

Thank you but I can still see the iPhone Xs warmer than both iPhone X

dosit

macrumors newbie
Dec 28, 2014
How does my screen look? It doesn't look as bad as some people but there is defiantly a slight yellow tint.

Attachments

• 20181010_202313.jpg
    20181010_202313.jpg
    970.5 KB · Views: 321

Jim McN

macrumors regular
Nov 14, 2017
You think it's worth exchanging?

Difficult to say as the question is how it is distracting / annoying for you? If you do then just be ready for the “lottery” that seems happening with swapping phones: next one can be better or worst...

dan9700

Suspended
Original poster
May 28, 2015
We need to make apple release a software update with a slider to choose the colour temp like on a mac

Reactions: DanPH77

dosit

macrumors newbie
Dec 28, 2014
Maybe I should just wait it out , and see how my display is in a couple of months. No point exchanging if, I keep getting a similar tint on each phone

jimmy_uk

macrumors 68020
Oct 19, 2015
UK
So....has anyone who was unhappy with multiple yellow displays actually receive a unit there happy with yet?

Still love my 7 plus but the battery is dropping and the camera is trash. Can't see myself switching to Android, Note 9 for example, despite the extra features. I'm torn.
[doublepost=1539172355][/doublepost]
3 XSes here.
1st image: Left: mine (serial: DN). Centre and right: Apple Store show floor sets (mostly C39 or C37).

Mine is just very slightly "pinkish" compared to my iPhone 7, but has better brightness, and sometimes contrast than some of the 10 over show floor sets I compared with. While I'd prefer mine to be the same as my iPhone 7, I don't think it's "bad" enough to warrant a replacement. Bought from telco, and so a return, refund and rebuy option is not possible (in my country/telco).
I'd take the far right model all day long.

Last edited:

dosit

macrumors newbie
Dec 28, 2014
Anyone have last years iPhone X that had yellow tint? How was the display a few months later?

jonstatt1

macrumors 6502
Oct 23, 2015
3 XSes here.

Did you notice all three seem to have a gradient colour shift from top to bottom. In the first row of pictures they seem to show what I saw in two apple stores. When the screen is set bright it is more pinkish towards the top.

Reactions: choocn

dan9700

Suspended
Original poster
May 28, 2015
I had mine changed twice and now im kinda happy the new beta 3 has deff calmed the warm tone they must know about this and playing around with it

lookn4wifi

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2012
Settings > Display & Brightness > Night Shift > Color Temperature slider (left Less Warm / right More Warm)

Edit: Thought this could help adjust the display’s color temperature. Limited to night shift temp.

Last edited:

relaoded2408

macrumors newbie
Sep 17, 2015
So already bought three iPhone XS and I have to admit, I'm disappointed. All of the screens have a yellow tint compared to my iPhoneX X. So anyone has a XS without that yellow tint?

TT is deactivated.

left and middle: iPhone XS
right: iPhone X

Attachments

• IMG_4492.jpg
    IMG_4492.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 428
  • IMG_4493.jpg
    IMG_4493.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 416

tom2517

macrumors member
Sep 22, 2005
Daaammmnnn I mean its not the yellow screen but you are a screen connoisseur OG!

That's why I didn't bother to reply this thread (before this post) because we have been dealing with this forever. Next year when the new iPhone comes out we will be at it again.

Reactions: William333
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.