Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

netprince

macrumors newbie
Aug 2, 2008
I'm not sure what the question means,

unfortunately nothing is answered here about orders, please go through the normal channels : admin@ (our url) your email will be answered.

I have already sent an mail but no answer. In the video regarding the application you mention to repeat the step 2, 2 more times (3 in total). Can you explain the step to be repeated 3 times?

bizack

macrumors 6502a
Apr 21, 2009
the video is 1 step,so bar the cleaning of the phone do the same thing 3 times.
Question about the actual product. What if, for some reason, you leave a coating on for more than 5 minutes before buffing it out? Are you stuck with a foggy film with no way of removing it? Thanks!

bizack

macrumors 6502a
Apr 21, 2009
After 15 min it can be tricky that's why we say 5 mins to make sure there is no problems
Another question. The instal video says to keep the phone clean/free of fingerprints etc. Kinda difficult if you have to hold the phone while coating the sides and top and bottom. Will fingerprints get 'baked' into the coating or are they 'buffed' out during the application process? Thanks!

nanostate_HQ

Suspended
Sep 17, 2016
They will buff out no problems, it's best to use some plastic gloves, you will be able to download the full instruction sheet in PDF from the URL printed on the box. Unfortunately I can't post anymore URLs on the forum I've had a message from the moderator.

calwm

macrumors member
Sep 20, 2016
Have to say I'm enjoying the Alien Skin a lot now it's been a couple of days. Any fingerprints or streaks can be wiped away with a cloth or even a t-shirt with no issues and it looks as good as new.

I'm using it on a matte black handset but I've already had people ask me how I got hold of a jet black model! This was an unintended consequence of ordering glossy on my part. If you don't have a jet black to hold it up to side-by-side, most people won't know the difference.

Xeronex

macrumors member
Apr 15, 2012
Can you put the alien skin on pretty much straight after using the onyx it would you wait a day or so?

crownr0yal

macrumors newbie
Sep 23, 2016
Bristol, RI
Alright, so I love the Onyx and the Alien Skin solution, but I'm not at a point in my life where I'm ready to spend $50 dollars on a case or protector. Am I crazy? Should I just suck it up for the sake of JB?!

crownr0yal

macrumors newbie
Sep 23, 2016
Bristol, RI
I'm also caseless. Never thought about having a bumper. I'm just being extra careful. Thinking about getting a sleeve for it. The JB is just so beautiful, and even in a clear case, it's just not displayed like I want to see it!

Reactions: Halt&CatchFire

Jvjlite

macrumors regular
Jul 16, 2015
Can you put the alien skin on pretty much straight after using the onyx it would you wait a day or so?

From post #221:
"Onyx won't fill any scratched on the device, it's for protection only and we highly recommend using it in tandem with the Alien Skin for full protection, as you can see from the photo's Alien Skin's clarity is so clear it's almost invisible to the eye without close inspection. You would apply Onyx first after 2 hours apply the Alien Skin. It's best to instal the alien skin before you go to bed so it's dry for use in the morning. All the instructions will attached. For installation of the Alien skin can be seen on the website. Onyx will be ready shortly."

Xeronex

macrumors member
Apr 15, 2012
From post #221:
"Onyx won't fill any scratched on the device, it's for protection only and we highly recommend using it in tandem with the Alien Skin for full protection, as you can see from the photo's Alien Skin's clarity is so clear it's almost invisible to the eye without close inspection. You would apply Onyx first after 2 hours apply the Alien Skin. It's best to instal the alien skin before you go to bed so it's dry for use in the morning. All the instructions will attached. For installation of the Alien skin can be seen on the website. Onyx will be ready shortly."

Cool thank you so best to do over a weekend.

JayOhh

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 14, 2016
LA - NYC
Have to say I'm enjoying the Alien Skin a lot now it's been a couple of days. Any fingerprints or streaks can be wiped away with a cloth or even a t-shirt with no issues and it looks as good as new.

I'm using it on a matte black handset but I've already had people ask me how I got hold of a jet black model! This was an unintended consequence of ordering glossy on my part. If you don't have a jet black to hold it up to side-by-side, most people won't know the difference.

Any pictures you can share?

AppleRobert

macrumors 603
Nov 12, 2012
Alright, so I love the Onyx and the Alien Skin solution, but I'm not at a point in my life where I'm ready to spend $50 dollars on a case or protector. Am I crazy? Should I just suck it up for the sake of JB?!

I ordered a case for my JB ip7 I just got but for the screaming grip and handling ability of the JB I doubt I will use it. Because of that, for the sake of the JB I probably will just get a sleeve for it. :)

Geert76

macrumors 68000
Feb 28, 2014
the Netherlands
okay, 36 hours after applying the Alien Skin from Nanostate.co

-still see few miniscule dust parts, even after applying it in a dust free room and cleaning my jetblack iPhone like a maniac before applying the skin.
I guess the reason is that the jetblack iPhone is really glossy/shiny, so you will see everything between the Skin and the iPhone itself.
- a few annoying air bubbles still present which wont go away.

My personnal opinion about this very very expensive ( €42/ $50 !!!) Air Skin, I think you can find much less expensive similar skins (with probally same quality). For, in my case, €42 I would expect a top notch product/skin. It's simply not that.
There are similar skins available which are about €20/$25 cheaper then the Alien Skin from Nanostate.

Jvjlite

macrumors regular
Jul 16, 2015
@nanostate (Steven)

I sent two emails but didn't get no reply. My order supposed to shipped last week but i haven't received any email that it has shipped. Thanks in advanced!

Me,too! Has anyone in the US who ordered received theirs yet? I ordered 9/17 & am still awaiting shipping notification!

rperalta

macrumors 6502
Aug 19, 2007
Hercules, CA
Me,too! Has anyone in the US who ordered received theirs yet? I ordered 9/17 & am still awaiting shipping notification!
Hey Jvjlite. Reach out to Steven again at their regular email. Steven responded and answered my questions. He seems to be an honest business person.

khakiman

macrumors member
Sep 26, 2009
I ordered on 9-17 also and was told it would ship out on 9-20 and I should receive my order in 3-4 days (I live in US). I still have not received my order and also they will not respond to my emails requesting a tracking number. I thought this was a good company to work with but now I'm not so sure.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.