Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hieveryone

macrumors 603
Apr 11, 2014
USA
I would suggest that you remember to use your limited discretionary time on this earth for activities that allow introspection, toward a goal of inner peace and well-being.

Hahahahhahaha ehem Hahhahahahhah!

This is gold. And I agree.

ghsDUDE

macrumors 68030
May 25, 2010
I’ve returned quite a few in my lifetime. Always have issues with dust under the camera lense (went through 2 XRs until I got one that was perfect).

In the past I had issues with dead pixels, super yellow screens, and an ambient sensor that didn’t work to adjust beightness.

I won’t call the OP a liar...I’ve had buttons in the past that sucked and felt mushy, but with an Apple case it clicked very good, so I just kept the devices....but for $1,000 device, I expect a perfect phone upon opening.

Whatever happens after that is on me!

killhippie

macrumors 6502a
Jan 12, 2016
UK
Next time te OP buys a iPhone they will get one swap and that's it I believe, as there is a strike against their name for this. A friend swapped seven iPhone 5's and he was told in an email when he got a 7 and found a teeny tiny glitch he had one swap due to having swapped multiple devices in the past. So if the OP is even telling the truth they have shot themselves in the foot with a black mark from Apple for life, and deservedly so. Its a tool to be used daily and it will be updated at some anyway, it is not a one off sculpture or other piece of art its just a phone... smh. In mass production of units by the millions there is acceptable to the eye for most, but never ever perfect. There are just to many variables to create a perfect phone or a perfect anything tbh, but then again most people don't look at a phone under a magnifying glass..

Last edited:

Dodgeman

macrumors 65816
Nov 30, 2016
Yeah I hope I don't scrutinize my devices. I normally do but all it does is drive your crazy. Remember life is short don't waste time on the small stuff. In a couple years that pone won't mean anything to you.

a-m-k

macrumors 68000
Sep 3, 2009
Gee, I have missed this thread. I guess I didn't miss too much, I am surprised he's not on his seventeenth phone by now. I wonder how much criticism he's getting offline by the people who have to deal with him, his family, and maybe his friends. ;)

Reactions: Totemsflare

Plett

macrumors 6502
Feb 16, 2016
Gee, I have missed this thread. I guess I didn't miss too much, I am surprised he's not on his seventeenth phone by now. I wonder how much criticism he's getting offline by the people who have to deal with him, his family, and maybe his friends. ;)
Omg I love you! I was just thinking of this thread!!! Oh I hope they have their 17th. They deserve it!!!

a-m-k

macrumors 68000
Sep 3, 2009
Omg I love you! I was just thinking of this thread!!! Oh I hope they have their 17th. They deserve it!!!
I miss the craziness. It took forever to back up my MBP and I didn't know how to access the Mac forums from my iPhone. I think it said something about cookies. If you or someone sees this, can you send me a private message that would give me directions so I could access the forums here. Thank you.

Alexrat1996

macrumors 601
Mar 29, 2015
Lehigh valley PA
16 phones if the store seen the issue in front of you then that’s correct to have to go back 16 times.

My unit has one speck of dust since launch do I care no since it’s not affecting my photos.

samven582

macrumors 6502a
Jan 2, 2009
16 phones if the store seen the issue in front of you then that’s correct to have to go back 16 times.

My unit has one speck of dust since launch do I care no since it’s not affecting my photos.
If im spending 1K+, there should no dust in the camera.

trillionaire

macrumors regular
Dec 19, 2018
Canada

Does anybody know how this was resolved, or if it was at all? I'm just curious because this is very interesting. Reminds me of issues with the Model 3. I guess it depends what people can live with and what they can't live with. I remember one Model 3 owner had a single interior door panel that was a different colour than the rest. I can imagine that would "drive" someone crazy.

If you're not satisfied, then kudos to you for sticking out the battle!

a-m-k

macrumors 68000
Sep 3, 2009
If this person obsesses over perfection of his iPhones, I wonder what else he examines. I wonder if he'll buy a package of underwear and get it home only to find that there is a spot that wasn't sewn up cottectily.:rolleyes:

Minimalist00

Suspended
Feb 11, 2019
If this person obsesses over perfection of his iPhones, I wonder what else he examines. I wonder if he'll buy a package of underwear and get it home only to find that there is a spot that wasn't sewn up cottectily.:rolleyes:
Alternatively, if they’re this critical with phones, imagine how they treat other people.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.