Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stuke00

macrumors 68000
Oct 11, 2011
Collinsville,IL
In Beta 1 I had the "People Album" in photos all setup and iCloud Photo Library enabled/updated completely. I had to do a reset/wipe on my phone and re-enabled the iCloud Photo Library and the "People Album" was back at 0 with a message that it was scanning. This never changed after a week. After the update today to Beta 2, it still appears to be stuck but looks different. Says 8 of 22980 items processed and hasn't gone past that.

VSMacOne

macrumors 603
Oct 18, 2008
  • Raise to wake, press with unregistered finger, rest with registered finger it goes to home screen, regardless of the setting change.
  • Raise to wake, press with registered finger, goes to home screen.
  • Raise to wake, rest with registered finger, press with any unregistered finger, goes to home screen.

This is dumb tho. If you have 'Rest to Unlock' on, the behavior should be the same regardless if you Raise to Wake or press home button with non TouchID finger.
It's confusing this way.

bushido

Suspended
Mar 26, 2008
Germany
This is dumb tho. If you have 'Rest to Unlock' on, the behavior should be the same regardless if you Raise to Wake or press home button with non TouchID finger.
It's confusing this way.

oddly in german the toggle simply says "To Unlock" which pretty much cpuld mean anything and nothing. they left out the resting part

Reactions: carlosgimeno

pmostoff

macrumors member
Jul 21, 2015
So does the Feedback app do anything for anyone else? When I open it it just presents me with this message and if I tap Ok, it asks me to sign in, if I sign it it shows me the message again. Tapping the blue links opens a page in Safari.
fullsizeoutput_c53.jpeg

Am I missing something here?

Feenician

macrumors 603
Jun 13, 2016
The last option, which reads "Stäng av automatisk inloggning" translates to "Disable automatic login". Strange that that differs too.

No, it's the first Retina Macbook Pro from 2012.

Release notes say 2013 and up I'm afraid. Bluetooth LE I think :(
[doublepost=1467749958][/doublepost]
So does the Feedback app do anything for anyone else? When I open it it just presents me with this message and if I tap Ok, it asks me to sign in, if I sign it it shows me the message again. Tapping the blue links opens a page in Safari.
View attachment 639056

Am I missing something here?

It's for Public Beta users, not devs (it even says so in your screenshot). No idea why it turned up in the dev beta

pmostoff

macrumors member
Jul 21, 2015
It's for Public Beta users, not devs (it even says so in your screenshot). No idea why it turned up in the dev beta

That's what I thought but since it showed up in this beta I was thinking maybe they were expanding it to the developer betas as well. Well that's frustrating. Does anyone know why it isn't used for dev betas anyway?

mainnine

macrumors newbie
Aug 13, 2010
United Kingdom
Release notes say 2013 and up I'm afraid. Bluetooth LE I think :(
[doublepost=1467749958][/doublepost]

It states to use the app for reporting iOS beta issues and API and developer tools feedback to be given via developer site

So developers can use this too?

Reactions: pmostoff

Feenician

macrumors 603
Jun 13, 2016
It states to use the app for reporting iOS beta issues and API and developer tools feedback to be given via developer site

True. A subtle distinction but you're right. It may be activated for dev betas later but it hasn't been til now in any other dev beta.

Danny182

macrumors member
Oct 18, 2015
Don't know if it was already there:
Open "camera" app force touch on the square (bottom left) to open "camera roll"
It opens as peek and pop.

Reactions: pmostoff

batting1000

macrumors 604
Sep 4, 2011
Florida
Feedback Assistant app works properly for me in beta 2...lets me submit reports, etc.

Also, I installed WatchOS 3 beta 2 without any issues if anyone is curious about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.