Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.
Status
Not open for further replies.

XTheLancerX

macrumors 68000
Aug 20, 2014
NY, USA
iPad mini 2, 3, and iPad Air now have the blurred folder effect. Not sure what other iPads had this or did not have this before this beta. But anyway, before, it was simply transparent on both the folder and the background. It's smooth too, surprisingly...!

Also, app open animation doesn't lag anymore on the aforementioned iPads. Even when going into an app from a folder.

Control center now has a drop shadow surrounding it.

Siri has a new animation, rather than simply blurring the background, it blurs and recedes like in iOS 7 and 8.

iOS 10 seems slightly smoother than iOS 9.3.2 even on my iPad mini 2... I'm extremely impressed. Opening tabs from the safari tab view on iPad mini 2 no longer chops weirdly. Nice and smooth.

The light keyboard now has key tap indicators when "Increase Contrast" is enabled! Dock and folders are now a much lighter gray with this setting enabled.

Splitting the keyboard on iPad is now smoother but not perfect in every situation. It's still a little quirky though and it is still connected when it pops up, this was fixed in beta 1 but broken in beta 2. Split keyboard has squared off edges rather than round edges. Rotating it is now smoother but not always as smooth as the regular keyboard.

Messages keyboard now has a different icon in the bottom corner on iPad for the writing functionality.

Last edited:
New Folders:

POsNNnB.jpg

I think I liked the beta 1 folders better with the clear background and just the glazed folder.

Reactions: bilibug

VSMacOne

macrumors 603
Oct 18, 2008
I think we just have crossed wires here :)

I guess I am not seeing the distinction in the two use cases you describe. In either case it seems you press the home button and hold long enough for TouchID to register? Is the setting reducing the time TouchID takes to register? My devices are touchID 1.0 so maybe it makes no difference to me.

It seems like people are getting things mixed up.
First, the behavior of the lock screen has changed since beta 1. Now if you have TouchID enabled and you press home button with TouchID registered finger, you are taken to the Home screen.
Second, there is a new option in Accesibility that's called 'Rest Finger to Unlock' which should take you straight to home screen without having to push the home button. However in beta 2 this does not seem to work as expected yet.
[doublepost=1467750996][/doublepost]
I think I liked the beta 1 folders better with the clear background and just the glazed folder.
Me too! Much cleaner look. I hope they go back to that.

batting1000

macrumors 604
Sep 4, 2011
Florida
The Default replies menu in the messages section of the Apple Watch app lets you disable smart replies now. Don't remember that toggle being there in beta 1

Attachments

• IMG_2408.PNG
    IMG_2408.PNG
    71.4 KB · Views: 234
Reactions: liquidsuns

Feenician

macrumors 603
Jun 13, 2016
It seems like people are getting things mixed up.
First, the behavior of the lock screen has changed since beta 1. Now if you have TouchID enabled and you press home button with TouchID registered finger, you are taken to the Home screen.

This was already the behavior in b1, provided you left the finger there long enough for touchID to register and you never did anything in between pressing the home button and leaving the finger on it for touchid

JDabney24

macrumors regular
Sep 24, 2014
Can't seem to get these widgets to show anything. They were working when I first downloaded and installed beta 2, but did a reboot and now they won't load.

Attachments

• IMG_3548.PNG
    IMG_3548.PNG
    170.6 KB · Views: 205

ajiuo

macrumors 65816
Apr 9, 2011
Apple really needs to take a different approach to clear all notifications. The should just add a button to the top. It would be nice if non 6S users had access to this option... Hell, the 9.7" iPad "Pro" is newer then the 6s and I can't clear all notifications.

Reactions: utwarreng

Paradoxally

macrumors 68000
Feb 4, 2011
Apple really needs to take a different approach to clear all notifications. The should just add a button to the top. It would be nice if non 6S users had access to this option... Hell, the 9.7" iPad "Pro" is newer then the 6s and I can't clear all notifications.

Maybe they'll add a long press in the future.

roncito

macrumors 6502a
Apr 21, 2015
Poconos PA
This was a feature implemented in iOS 9. Apps now have access to all the iPhone's web features including saved passwords... However app developers have to implement this feature, and few have.
But I've been using Amazon and other apps and until now it has not asked me that.

Reactions: JaJaWa

TheDoctorX

macrumors newbie
Aug 12, 2015
I am only one who still didn't receive OTA update? What's the catch? I already try to restart my iPhone.

iphonedude2008

macrumors 65816
Nov 7, 2009
Irvine, CA
I am only one who still didn't receive OTA update? What's the catch? I already try to restart my iPhone.
I'm assuming you're on iOS 10 beta 1. You can try installing the beta profile from the developer site if you still have issues with OTA (as I presume you updated via iTunes from iOS 9). If you still have issues, you may just be unlucky with Apple's servers and have to wait a few hours for it to be available.

Andrew.s

macrumors 6502
Jul 14, 2007
Inland Empire
When using earphones in Music in beta 1, sometimes when you navigated through the app, on some taps, you'd get some feedback come through to the earphones. Is that fixed?
This is fixed. I noticed that and other static and skips when connected to Bluetooth in the car on Beta 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.