Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.
Status
Not open for further replies.

adepew

macrumors 6502
Jun 21, 2016
Anyone else get a blank home screen when unlocking? This happened in B1 as well but seems less frequent in B2.

Attachments

• IMG_4709.PNG
    IMG_4709.PNG
    1.1 MB · Views: 353

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
my understanding is if you back up while having the encrypted option checked is that it backs up all your activity. I'm a stickler for having my credit for exercise on record.

Yes but if you backup in iOS 9 before and a week goes by and you want to go back to iOS 9 you are stuck with a week missing or you have to start completely over. If you backup with iOS 10 its it may be possible to extract the data and transfer it over to iOS 9 but seems like a headache. So I rather wait until I feel more comfortable with iOS 10.

oftheheavens

macrumors 68000
Jul 9, 2008
cherry point
I am only one who still didn't receive OTA update? What's the catch? I already try to restart my iPhone.

Download the configuration and email it to yourself, then click the config in the email and it will install it. After the restart it will work. I initially did the beta 1 update through iTunes and then did as I stated today so that I could download OTA. Worked perfectly. Hope this helps.

oftheheavens

macrumors 68000
Jul 9, 2008
cherry point
I installed beta 1 manually with .ipsw file. But I still should receive OTA for beta 2 right? At least that's how it worked last year...

no, you must download the config, email it to yourself and then click on it in your email. after the restart you will be able to OTA update. I had to do it today since I used iTunes for B1

Feenician

macrumors 603
Jun 13, 2016

Works on 3rd party apps try to shortcut on spotlight!

Ok, kinda see what you mean. If I type "Comma,A,P,L" here in this box and then hit space on iOS then it autocorrects to the Apple symbol because I have that set up. In spotlight hitting space doesn't replace automatically, however it does show up on the quick type keyboard so one more tap replaces. An odd inconsistency.

Reactions: simba4

simba4

macrumors 6502
Feb 8, 2016
Bulgaria

Ok, kinda see what you mean. If I type "Comma,A,P,L" here in this box and then hit space on iOS then it autocorrects to the Apple symbol because I have that set up. In spotlight hitting space doesn't replace automatically, however it does show up on the quick type keyboard so one more tap replaces. An odd inconsistency.
Yes but quicktype is broken on some apps!
Cannot be hidden!

lagwagon

Suspended
Oct 12, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
News Widget in Canada show correct font size and thumbnail image now in beta 2. (Beta 1 had larger font and was missing the thumbnail images) I'm pretty sure this was always the case for US people, but was bugged for at least Canada (and possibly other countries) as far as I know.

Attachments

• IMG_1222.PNG
    IMG_1222.PNG
    698.6 KB · Views: 322
Reactions: charlie wax

Feenician

macrumors 603
Jun 13, 2016
I signed :) but i am not a developer, strange :)

I'm not 100% sure but I think it might be those in the Public Beta program who can sign in on the Feedback app. Not enough (sensible) data on the forums to determine that though.

lagwagon

Suspended
Oct 12, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Well here goes :D

Sierra beta 2 on 2015 rMB, beta 2 on SE, and 12.9 soon

Must have missed this but glad iOS 10 brought hey Siri to 12.9, even if I never really use it/care. Was weak when 9.7 got it

SE on iOS 10 beta 1 has been the smoothest experience of the first run across all those devices so I'm optimistic

iOS 10 didn't bring "Hey Siri" to the 12.9" Pro.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.