Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

lartola

macrumors 68020
Feb 10, 2017
Thank you @Banglazed. You rock!

I wonder if this is the last version of iOS 15 before IOS 16 beta 1 is out in June.
I doubt it. Today’s being the last update would mean 2 whole months without any software updates. Apple just can’t live that long without releasing any updates. For sure there’ll be at least one before WWDC. And,of course, there will likely be at least one more update or two during the summer before iOS 16 is released to the public in September.

lartola

macrumors 68020
Feb 10, 2017
I think it is a bit early… don’t you think? I mean, yes, technically we could only get some bug-fixing and stability updates in the form of iOS 15.4.2, or 15.4.3… But I would find it strange to not have any major update in more than 2 months. We’ll see.
Actually, I’d be very surprised to not have any updates, major or not, for more than 3-4 weeks.

sorgo †

Cancelled
Feb 16, 2016
What’s wrong with your AirPods? 🤔

Haven’t tested mine yet.
I’ll have to test them out again this evening but upon popping them in and putting on some music (with Apple Music, if that makes any difference) after updating earlier the signal became increasingly choppy and distorted, eventually rendering the music entirely unlistenable. I tried it again a few minutes later with my Apple Watch in full airplane mode to see if that was contributing, but the exact same thing happened.

The only time I ever experienced anything like this when playing music from iPhone to AirPods was during a short stint trying out an AirTag, but even those bursts of signal interference were more tolerable.

LFC2020

macrumors P6
Apr 4, 2020
I’ll have to test them out again this evening but upon popping them in and putting on some music (with Apple Music, if that makes any difference) after updating earlier the signal became increasingly choppy and distorted, eventually rendering the music entirely unlistenable. I tried it again a few minutes later with my Apple Watch in full airplane mode to see if that was contributing, but the exact same thing happened.
Haven’t used my AirPods in 3 weeks. ?

Don’t use  Music, won’t be much help here.

Hopefully you get it sorted out.

Try repairing them.

OhMyMy

Suspended
Oct 21, 2021
Same here on 13 mini! Hopefully it’s not just a placebo caused by the freshly-broken AirPods functionality :confused:

In related news, HomePod music playback seems far more stable than before. Hopefully Apple keeps this up because things were pretty screwy for me on 15.4.
My APP seem to be working fine though I must note that I just got them replaced so they’re clean as a whistle. Try unpairing and re-pairing. That should most likely resolve the connection issues.

On 15.4 I’d been getting low battery warnings before 9pm and my battery health is at 103.5%. One less annoyance about iOS now.

sorgo †

Cancelled
Feb 16, 2016
Haven’t used my AirPods in 3 weeks. 😬

Don’t use  Music, won’t be much help here.

Hopefully you get it sorted out.

Try repairing them.
Repairing? How so? I live nowhere near an Apple Store and it’s obviously caused by software anyway since things were totally normal and fine before the update—I listen to music all the time, whether it’s using my AirPods, HomePods, or phone/iPad speakers. Apple just has a bizarrely bad habit of breaking things while patching others. I understand that’s the nature of software development but with them it’s especially glaring when blatant issues like this crop up so late in the development cycle of a major software version.

EDIT: I’m trying them out at home @LFC2020 (I was at work before) and signal seems consistent—no choppiness to be found. Perhaps there was something at work causing the interference and/or restarting my phone again worked some magic but I hadn’t had any such problems—including at that same workplace and many other places—for months prior (again, not since trialing an AirTag shortly after they were released). Sorry for frustration.

Last edited:

Pearsey

macrumors 603
Nov 12, 2016
Royal Tunbridge Wells
Repairing? How so? I live nowhere near an Apple Store and it’s obviously caused by software anyway since things were totally normal and fine before the update—I listen to music all the time, whether it’s using my AirPods, HomePods, or phone/iPad speakers. Apple just has a bizarrely bad habit of breaking things while patching others. I understand that’s the nature of software development but with them it’s especially glaring when blatant issues like this crop up so late in the development cycle of a major software version.

not physically, repairing the Bluetooth connection to the phone. so Go to bluetooth, forget the device, then go back to bluetooth, select the AirPods again which repairs them to the iPhone. 👍🏼

gwhizkids

macrumors G5
Jun 21, 2013
It's so bizarre how people are convinced iOS 15 is finished. iOS 16 isn't coming out for something like six months lmao

Many of you may not frequent the Speculation thread so I’ll post this here too. ( from Apple Software Updates on Twitter)

88068cd229361920a9b2fdd5fe291210.jpg

OhMyMy

Suspended
Oct 21, 2021

EDIT: I’m trying them out at home @LFC2020 (I was at work before) and signal seems consistent—no choppiness to be found. Perhaps there was something at work causing the interference and/or restarting my phone again worked some magic but I hadn’t had any such problems—including at that same workplace and many other places—for months prior (again, not since trialing an AirTag shortly after they were released). Sorry for frustration.
He meant re-pair and not repair.

LFC2020

macrumors P6
Apr 4, 2020

😁👇

ablatt

macrumors member
Sep 27, 2006
In general is it better to update apps (I have 8 updates available) before or after doing the IOS update?

Or does it not matter?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.