Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

drak22

macrumors 6502a
Oct 13, 2020
I already installed both iOS 15.4.1 and WatchOS 8.5.1 and at the moment I don't notice any change in my iphone 11 pro, neither for better nor for worse haha

drak22

macrumors 6502a
Oct 13, 2020
Hmmmm, reboot iPhone and Apple Watch, still no OTA. Anyone else have a work around that helped?
I didn't have to do anything, just enter the Watch app on iPhone and it appeared. I hope you were able to install it already

Taz Mangus

macrumors 604
Mar 10, 2011
Hopefully this fixes all the weird behavior with CarPlay, like how I have to unplug and replug my phone at least once in order to get Siri to announce directions rather than just make a bing noise.
The only thing I am plagued with in CarPlay is when I connect to wired CarPlay, Music will put a random song in Now Playing in Control Center. The only fix is to delete and reinstall the Music app. Unfortunately, reinstalling the Music app cause the System Data to go from about 6 GB to about 25 GB or more. The only way to gain back the System Data storage is to do a Recovery Mode Restore, restore from backup and that will bring the System Data down below 6 GB again.

sorgo †

Cancelled
Feb 16, 2016
Wow, just looking through the replies sections of today’s updates’ threads on the MR homepage it’s viscerally clear (and darkly hilarious) how impossible it is to ignore or downplay the sorry state of Apple’s software. So many people are nervous and hesitant to update…trust is clearly at some kind of low point, notably even among brand loyalists and enthusiasts.

It seems logical to doubt there is anything seriously worth looking forward to in iOS 16, but I sincerely hope I’m wrong.

Sorry to be a doomer alarmist and sorry for the somewhat off-topic observation but the proof is in the pudding—go check the threads if you’d like to see for yourself.

LFC2020

macrumors P6
Apr 4, 2020
Wow, just looking through the replies sections of today’s updates’ threads on the MR homepage it’s viscerally clear (and darkly hilarious) how impossible it is to ignore or downplay the sorry state of Apple’s software. So many people are nervous and hesitant to update…trust is clearly at some kind of low point, notably even among brand loyalists and enthusiasts.

It seems logical to doubt there is anything seriously worth looking forward to in iOS 16, but I sincerely hope I’m wrong.

Sorry to be a doomer alarmist and sorry for the somewhat off-topic observation but the proof is in the pudding—go check the threads if you’d like to see for yourself.
Nothing but sunny skies and rainbows here. 🌞🌈😃

Well sort of. 😂

LFC2020

macrumors P6
Apr 4, 2020
Glad things are peachy for you and for countless others to be sure.

Still…you gotta admit some of these Siri experiences people are relaying are pretty dang funny. ??
Siri has always been a spaz. ?

All your update worries are forgotten when there is hot jam doughnuts & cannolis. ??

1648777259624.jpeg

1648777278090.jpeg

sorgo †

Cancelled
Feb 16, 2016

LFC2020

macrumors P6
Apr 4, 2020
Think it’s time to backup my phone before the next beta drops.

Only been 5 month since my last backup. 🤔

• Wow
Reactions: sorgo †
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.