Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Broken Hope

macrumors 68000
Jan 15, 2015
Anyone with an M4 iPad struggling to get the Apple Intelligence data to finish downloading? It’s been stuck at 99% for hours.

jdavid_rp

macrumors 6502
Feb 25, 2020
You’ll need to upgrade to one of the new Full Works plans AIUI.

You’ll see 5G Standalone and Network Prioritisation add-ons in your account when it’s available for you.
What is Network Prioritisation? Your phone gets priority over others in the antenna?

d123

macrumors 68020
Oct 19, 2009
Earth
What is Network Prioritisation? Your phone gets priority over others in the antenna?

Network Boost
Available to customers on an All Rounder or Full Works plan. Prioritises data coverage to your phone in busy or crowded areas. No prioritisation of calls or texts. Available to customers in selected locations across the UK.

Though AIUI, it’s only going to be available on new connections and upgrades to the new price plans currently being launched.

IMG_0949.jpeg

RSmith2023

macrumors 6502a
Sep 26, 2015
Atlanta, GA
Did Apple Cash “break” for anyone else after installing b3? I try to send using Apple Cash and it says “Apple Cash needs to be set up”, says “Setting up Apple Cash” and then it’s “Apple Cash is set up” But still won’t actually set up Apple Cash and does the same thing all over again.

tried restarting the phone…

VSMacOne

macrumors 603
Oct 18, 2008
Battery still a hog.

RAM management still poor… safari reloads frequently when switch between apps.

Loving the new gestures in the music.app. Pulling down on an album to go back is much easier than swiping from the left edge or tapping the arrow. Hope this stays around.

Reactions: redbeard331

ShaneSparkyYYZ

macrumors member
Sep 22, 2015
Toronto, Canada
I am interested in how the iOS 18.1 Clean Up compares to the Pixel's Magic Eraser if anyone has had a chance to play with both. I haven't even unboxed my Pixel Pro 9 XL yet, so haven't had a chance to play. Too busy to setup more devices.
Based on my experiences I’m finding iOS 18.1 beta 3’s feature better than Google Photo’s version currently released. Only issue I find is you need to be “erasing” further from the subject for best results on iOS. It’s a beta feature atm so I expect it to improve with time.

PigsOnTheWing

macrumors member
Jul 16, 2002
Orlando, FL
Anyone else unable to access the front facing camera in the Camera app? The rotate button continues to return to the rear cameras. (iPhone 15 Pro Max)

Gathomblipoob

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2009
Based on my experiences I’m finding iOS 18.1 beta 3’s feature better than Google Photo’s version currently released. Only issue I find is you need to be “erasing” further from the subject for best results on iOS. It’s a beta feature atm so I expect it to improve with time.
I also find it pretty darned good for a beta feature. Also, your erasing tip does seem to work a little better.

Last edited:
Reactions: ShaneSparkyYYZ

ZeChild

macrumors 6502
May 14, 2012
Glasgow, UK
On 18.1 beta 3 and still getting an annoying bug that happens when my iphone’s Lock Screen wakes when I’m listening to music, it pauses the music for about about half a second then goes back to playing again, it’s not as bad as earlier betas of 18 where every time a notification came in regardless of whether the Lock Screen was awake or not it stopped any music playing altogether.

However on my iPad (18 beta 8) its really annoying, anytime my iPhones facing up awake or not it automatically switches my headphone audio to my iPhone, only way to avoid this is to keep my iPhone face down on a table/chair or in my pocket.

Tried turning off “announce notifications” in case that helped but no:(

Last edited:

wiggy82

macrumors newbie
Nov 2, 2016
Anyone with an M4 iPad struggling to get the Apple Intelligence data to finish downloading? It’s been stuck at 99% for hours.
My M4 iPad is the same. Stuck at 99% and keeps saying needs to be connected to WiFi (which it is). iPhone 15PM and M1 Pro MBP downloaded Apple Intelligence fine.

Let me know if yours completed and if you did anything to get it to complete

Broken Hope

macrumors 68000
Jan 15, 2015
My M4 iPad is the same. Stuck at 99% and keeps saying needs to be connected to WiFi (which it is). iPhone 15PM and M1 Pro MBP downloaded Apple Intelligence fine.

Let me know if yours completed and if you did anything to get it to complete
Still not completed, I even tried doing a full restore of 18.1 B3 and restoring a backup and still won't complete, yet my M1 Mini is fine, not got 18.1 on my phone.

Jumpie

macrumors 68020
Jul 7, 2008
Atlanta

dictoresno

macrumors 601
Apr 30, 2012
NJ
I’ve noticed since updating to iOS 18.1 in general, the photos app visual lookup is not available anymore. Where the stars would appear on the “I” button where you can identify animals, plants and other landmarks. Did they take this away in the betas?

gwhizkids

macrumors G5
Jun 21, 2013
I’ve noticed since updating to iOS 18.1 in general, the photos app visual lookup is not available anymore. Where the stars would appear on the “I” button where you can identify animals, plants and other landmarks. Did they take this away in the betas?

Still there on mine. And, in checking this, I discovered that if you long press on the item to be looked up, the contextual menu that pops up also has the lookup feature as an option.

dictoresno

macrumors 601
Apr 30, 2012
NJ
Still there on mine. And, in checking this, I discovered that if you long press on the item to be looked up, the contextual menu that pops up also has the lookup feature as an option.

When I long press it does highlight the item, but the lookup feature is not available at all, I checked that too.

Only have these options….

46598581c34e897d0d2a4f976943163c.jpg

gwhizkids

macrumors G5
Jun 21, 2013
When I long press it does highlight the item, but the lookup feature is not available at all, I checked that too.

And I’m sure you’ve tried all the usual things (restart, hard reset, etc). Hopefully just one of those things and it reappears on the next beta.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.