Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

john991

macrumors 68040
Sep 30, 2014
Great White North - aka Canada
So maybe a noob thing but I am in Canada and after updating to this beta I went into Apple AI switched to English United States on that screen and then joined the waitlist. I just got Apple AI and went through the setup. My Language and Region is still English Canada. I thought the articles I read said I had to change that?
Maybe beta 3 added Canada. I’m in Canada and with beta 1 and 2 I had to set US English in region settings.

gwhizkids

macrumors G5
Jun 21, 2013
Now seeing a badge number for the summarized Mail messages. Was that there before?

Also, in the "not sure if it was there before" department, if I'm in Messages and select the Emoji button, then tap into the Search Emoji text box, I get a single row of emoji (that looks like it is the recently used emoji). Is that new?

cale508

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2015
IL
Also, in the "not sure if it was there before" department, if I'm in Messages and select the Emoji button, then tap into the Search Emoji text box, I get a single row of emoji (that looks like it is the recently used emoji). Is that new?
It's not new. I've been seen it since the early stages of beta.

Joseph C

macrumors 65816
Feb 5, 2009
New Music app top tab bar on iPad when you close the sidebar. Customisable.

Animations when opening playlists and albums on both iOS and iPadOS. Slick.

Reactions: nortonandreev

orand

macrumors newbie
Aug 28, 2024
Just updated to 18.1 b3 on my 15 Pro. The Messages app is still freezing when I open it, just like it did on b2. It freezes until it crashes. Eventually after maybe 5-10 minutes it sometimes starts working, at which point it works normally until the next time the app does a fresh start, at which point it becomes totally frozen again. Can't even scroll.

gwhizkids

macrumors G5
Jun 21, 2013
So maybe a noob thing but I am in Canada and after updating to this beta I went into Apple AI switched to English United States on that screen and then joined the waitlist. I just got Apple AI and went through the setup. My Language and Region is still English Canada. I thought the articles I read said I had to change that?
I believe it was extended to any form of English during beta 2.

Reactions: quicksilver77

gwhizkids

macrumors G5
Jun 21, 2013
Reader is there, not here in the forum that I could see. Went to an article and tried, and it was there
Sounds like they've got it set so that Reader mode appears only on pages where it is mostly text.

jacklroberts

macrumors 6502a
Aug 14, 2014
Doncaster, UK
I’m surprised that apps like Podcasts, TV and Health don’t have the top tab?, I also find it odd that Podcasts doesn’t rename Browse to New like Music does considering that they usually mirror the changes.

greg624

macrumors 6502
Jul 31, 2013
Indiana
Now seeing a badge number for the summarized Mail messages. Was that there before?

New. It was there last beta though. It’s the AI summaries showing you how many notifications it’s summarized.

VSMacOne

macrumors 603
Oct 18, 2008
Does anybody else think the lock screen widgets are larger font in beta 3? It may be my eyes only..

xmac88

macrumors newbie
Jun 19, 2016
It seems that Siri doesn't work offline, just like other Apple intelligence features such as email summaries. Is it the same for you?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.