Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

RSmith2023

macrumors 6502a
Sep 26, 2015
Atlanta, GA
Now seeing a badge number for the summarized Mail messages. Was that there before?

Also, in the "not sure if it was there before" department, if I'm in Messages and select the Emoji button, then tap into the Search Emoji text box, I get a single row of emoji (that looks like it is the recently used emoji). Is that new?
I noticed it too. I do not believe that badge count was there before..

Reactions: gwhizkids

HylianKnight

macrumors 6502a
Jul 18, 2017
My battery health dropped from 99% to 91% over the course of two weeks
The way battery health is determined is more like a best guess given present conditions. It’s a bit arbitrary, and it’s entirely plausible battery capacity isn’t calibrated well in the beta. I wouldn’t be surprised if you see that percentage go back up on a more refined beta.

eoblaed

macrumors 68040
Apr 21, 2010
The way battery health is determined is more like a best guess given present conditions. It’s a bit arbitrary, and it’s entirely plausible battery capacity isn’t calibrated well in the beta. I wouldn’t be surprised if you see that percentage go back up on a more refined beta.

With how hot the phone was getting, and how regularly it was getting that hot, the battery degradation doesn't surprise me. That coupled with not seeing other folks posting about inaccurate battery health percentages lead me to believe my battery was literally being roasted to death. :D 🔥🧑‍🚒 :D

s2mike

macrumors 68020
Sep 14, 2015
I normally hop on the iOS beta cycle when the first beta of iOS XX.0 drops after the WWDC event in June. I usually start the beta cycle with battery health between 97-99% and, by iPhone launch day in September, my battery health has dropped to 86-88%

Shocked that I’m still at 93% after 448 cycles. Not sure why iOS 18/18.1 has been so good to my battery…

My 15 Pro used to ALWAYS get super hot while running iOS 17, but it’s almost never hot with iOS 18/18.1

gwhizkids

macrumors G5
Jun 21, 2013
Playing with Cleanup and finding it only works on background items. 15PM.

What do you mean by “background items”? If you mean “things other than the main subject of the photo” then I am not experiencing that. I can delete a main subject, though the feature struggles to figure out how to fill in what was removed.

Edit: I’ve played around with it some more. Some foreground features 𝘢𝘳𝘦 difficult to remove. It seems to be related to the degree of edge contrast between the item to be removed and the surrounding area. High contrast = a more successful removal.

Last edited:
Reactions: dk001

VSMacOne

macrumors 603
Oct 18, 2008
Very nice updates to notifications. The number badge and summary will be very useful at a glance.

Attachments

• IMG_0635.jpeg
    IMG_0635.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 87

robfoll

Contributor
Mar 22, 2020
I took the risk today and am amazed at how well 18.1 b3 works on my daily driver, 15Pro Max. It took a bit of time to download Siri, but then all was well. Siri has much improved. Sending texts via Siri is amazing; emailing via Siri has a few problems dictating the text. Overall, I am happy, and there is lots more to discover. NOW for Watch OS11 :)

zakarhino

Contributor
Sep 13, 2014
Really tempted to jump on 18.1 B3 from 18 B7, are there any major bugs that I should be aware of?

If you're planning on upgrading to the 16 keep in mind you won't be able to restore from backup out of the box because it will be running iOS 16 and you can't restore to a newer version of iOS as far as I remember. I could be wrong. If that's still the case you will have to set up the iPhone as new and upgrade to 16.1 before restoring from backup.

s2mike

macrumors 68020
Sep 14, 2015
Feels like half the time I’m on MacRumors, the “Hide Distracting Items” option in Safari isn’t available. Quitting and reopening Safari fixes it every time.

n00boflife

macrumors newbie
Apr 7, 2011
[Update: Resolved] - Approval granted

I updated from 18.0 BP to 18.1 b3 and have been in the Siri & AI waitlist for 5+ hours. Any tips for gaining approval sooner?

Last edited:
Reactions: gwhizkids
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.