Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

cdcdoc

macrumors regular
Jul 1, 2012
You no longer need to change your device region to use Apple Intelligence, I’ve just changed my iPhone and iPad back to English UK and Apple intelligence is working fine. Just make sure you keep the system and Siri language at English US
Same thing in Switzerland.

dario1326

macrumors newbie
Jun 9, 2014
Does anyone know how to actually turn of summaries on the Lock Screen. I went to Siri in settings and did not see it at all

eoblaed

macrumors 68040
Apr 21, 2010
So far b3 has been a big improvement over b2 for me. b2 was characterized by torching my phone. At times it would become too hot to hold. I frequently couldn't charge it as it was too hot and the phone would notify me that charging would continue when the temperature dropped. It had a deleterious impact on how I used the phone. I reported the issue. My battery health dropped from 99% to 91% over the course of two weeks.

Happily, I upgrade annually, so not stressed about the damage to my battery, but I was really hoping b3 was going to fix that issue. If it didn't, I would've been concerned that some combination of the software I had installed or the hardware on my phone were contributory and that my phone would be in this quasi-usable state until the new phones come out.

And, even in just the first few hours since installing b3 it's behaving just as well as it did before b2. Quite pleased.

greg624

macrumors 6502
Jul 31, 2013
Indiana
So I guess nothing interesting on either beta for the most part (other than clean up and all notifications being summarized) due to lack of talking about the betas between this thread and the beta 8 thread

Tammster

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2010
S Florida USA
Wow, this clean up is pretty great. Saves me trouble of opening it up in a separate app to pull out things in the photo. Before version is on top with all of the extra people milling about.

fbd4cff588652dcaf127682d83102459.jpg

Premium1

macrumors 68000
Jan 26, 2013
So I guess nothing interesting on either beta for the most part (other than clean up and all notifications being summarized) due to lack of talking about the betas between this thread and the beta 8 thread
I'm just hoping for better battery life and less resprings. It does seem to be running more smoothly so far (15 pro). The last beta was running pretty slow with various items throughout the OS.

Reactions: greg624

patrikr

macrumors member
Jan 15, 2009
Yup, same in beta 8. You can set it back to dark by tapping and holding the home screen (not on any icons) until icons start to wiggle then Edit > Customize > Dark
Thank you. Seeing all white icons again was an eyesore!

ggo

macrumors newbie
Jun 28, 2010
Third party cables disabled from charging on 18.1 Beta 3. Plugging iPad, iPhone both on 18.1 Beta 3 into MBP running 18.1 Beta 3 using third party cables did not charge the devices. If I used Apple branded cables the devices charged as expected. This was not a problem with 18.1 Beta 2.

Is this a new policy for Apple or an oversight - nothing I can find in release notes?

s2mike

macrumors 68020
Sep 14, 2015
Third party cables disabled from charging on 18.1 Beta 3. Plugging iPad, iPhone both on 18.1 Beta 3 into MBP running 18.1 Beta 3 using third party cables did not charge the devices. If I used Apple branded cables the devices charged as expected. This was not a problem with 18.1 Beta 2.

Is this a new policy for Apple or an oversight - nothing I can find in release notes?
My third party cable charged my iPhone 15 Pro just fine…

marzfreerider

macrumors 6502
Jun 13, 2014
Germany
I believe it was extended to any form of English during beta 2.
I'm also in Canada and I just tried to switch from US English to Canada English, told me AI isn't available when Siri is set to English Canada so I had to switch back. Didn't let me do this in beta 2 either.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.