Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

sterumbelow

macrumors 6502
Apr 15, 2010
I’m also with 3.

Any information about the feature online says it’s US, Canada only. Not seen anything saying it’s expanded to UK.
I didn’t enable it here initially but see if you have this option in phone settings.

I just went to the Phone app, clicked voicemail and up it popped!
IMG_3863.jpeg

Dave.Inwood1988

macrumors 6502
Oct 18, 2019
That looks like you need to turn visual voicemail on. It should be a specific text string to a number but your network will be best to advise. Visual voicemail would look like this

Attachments

• IMG_3417.jpeg
    IMG_3417.jpeg
    147.2 KB · Views: 76

boston04and07

macrumors 68000
May 13, 2008
New background sounds. Fire and Night. I can’t get them to play though.

So excited about this! Hope they add the Forest sound from the HomePod as well before the final release. I use that one most of all.

Forgive me if this has already been mentioned (I didn’t see it if it was), but you can now adjust margins in Books. The margins were so wide and the text was so narrow in iOS 17 and it really bothered me. So glad they fixed this!

Attachments

• IMG_2462.png
    IMG_2462.png
    665.5 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_2463.png
    IMG_2463.png
    230.2 KB · Views: 87

Dave.Inwood1988

macrumors 6502
Oct 18, 2019
That’s strange - everything on Apple suggests Live Voicemail transcription only works if visual voicemail is on and setup

Ansath

Cancelled
Original poster
Jun 9, 2018
That’s strange - everything on Apple suggests Live Voicemail transcription only works if visual voicemail is on and setup
That’s why the post by the other person doesn’t make sense. Three confirmed in November on Twitter they do not support Visual Voicemail and have no plans to do so.

So, the other person must have done something, in order to be probably the only person in the UK that’s got it on Three, despite them not supporting it……

Dave.Inwood1988

macrumors 6502
Oct 18, 2019
Yet I’m on a supported network on both sim’s and it’s never ever worked. Was never fussed as tried live transcribe on FaceTime and it was terrible 🤣

oliverades

macrumors member
May 18, 2015
cant find a way to add the VPN toggle as a standalone one, like the rotation lock or silent switch are.
Worse comes to worst, it looks like we’ll be able to set a shortcut to a single tile so it should be pretty easy to make a single VPN toggle

Reactions: sterumbelow

sterumbelow

macrumors 6502
Apr 15, 2010
That’s why the post by the other person doesn’t make sense. Three confirmed in November on Twitter they do not support Visual Voicemail and have no plans to do so.

So, the other person must have done something, in order to be probably the only person in the UK that’s got it on Three, despite them not supporting it……
Contrary to what you previously said, the Apple Website says it will be available in UK English.

And, the ‘other person’, i.e. me, hasn’t ’done something’. I went to the phone app and it was there. My friend, also in the UK and not on Three also has it.

Maybe you ‘did something’.

And, as far as i know this isn’t related to visual voicemail.

IMG_3864.jpeg

img_3865-jpeg.2387287

Attachments

• IMG_3865.jpeg
    IMG_3865.jpeg
    141 KB · Views: 426

Ansath

Cancelled
Original poster
Jun 9, 2018
Contrary to what you previously said, the Apple Website says it will be available in UK English.

And, the ‘other person’, i.e. me, hasn’t ’done something’. I went to the phone app and it was there. My friend, also in the UK and not on Three also has it.

Maybe you ‘did something’.

And, as far as i know this isn’t related to visual voicemail.

View attachment 2387286

img_3865-jpeg.2387287
All my family are one Three, none of them have it.

Do you have Visual Voicemail then? Also, apologies, I’d forgotten your name, and when I was replying, I just didn’t scroll up.

sterumbelow

macrumors 6502
Apr 15, 2010
All my family are one Three, none of them have it.

Do you have Visual Voicemail then?
No I have never had VV. Three don’t support it.

I don’t think this is related. Are you sure you’ve got your language set to UK English, as well as the region?

Ansath

Cancelled
Original poster
Jun 9, 2018
No I have never had VV. Three don’t support it.

I don’t think this is related. Are you sure you’ve got your language set to UK English, as well as the region?
Yes, I’ve never set it to anything else. I’ve been with three for years. My dad joined 2 months ago, plus I’ve 7 other family members, all on Three. None of us have that feature. I’ve looked at all their menus a little while ago, and no toggle for it like you showed.

I’ve seen maybe people on social media complaining this feature isn’t available on Three. You’re the first to say otherwise. Then tonight when I looked, and it’s on Apple support site, which was different to where you screenshot from, said US & Canada only.

sterumbelow

macrumors 6502
Apr 15, 2010
Yes, I’ve never set it to anything else. I’ve been with three for years. My dad joined 2 months ago, plus I’ve 7 other family members, all on Three. None of us have that feature. I’ve looked at all their menus a little while ago, and no toggle for it like you showed.

I’ve seen maybe people on social media complaining this feature isn’t available on Three. You’re the first to say otherwise. Then tonight when I looked, and it’s on Apple support site, which was different to where you screenshot from, said US & Canada only.
Here’s the splash screen I see in the phone app when selecting Voicemail. This has appeared a few times now but it’s all still available.
IMG_3866.png

sterumbelow

macrumors 6502
Apr 15, 2010

You’re looking at a page that’s for iOS17 though…

Reactions: Strutten

Ansath

Cancelled
Original poster
Jun 9, 2018
You’re looking at a page that’s for iOS17 though…

The way you said it originally, came across that you had the feature in iOS 17 too, or you meaning you’ve only had it since you upgraded to iOS 18? Maybe I misunderstood your original post, if so, I apologise.

If the latter, then it is possible you’ll lose it when public release comes out. There were people using iOS 17 beta last year, in UK, but then it stopped when official release came out as the network didn’t support it unless you meddled with regions

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.