Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

bbfc

macrumors 68040
Oct 22, 2011
Newcastle, England.
Hopefully they remove the circle buttons on Control Center and leave the current square ones, they look out of place.
Yeah. I’m not sure how I feel about it how this looks. Seems a bit messy.

Attachments

• IMG_6144.png
    IMG_6144.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 173

kvlq

macrumors 6502a
Dec 6, 2015
The new icons "theming" option is a bit messy, at least for now. Dark mode only applies to the default Apple apps which is horrible. 3rd party apps still have default icons. Hope they 'll fix this.

Reactions: nortonandreev

iPod2001

macrumors newbie
Jun 11, 2024
Working for me on EE in the UK.
its carrier specific , not all support them currently .
If you go to each individual's website and look at the features it will say if it is or not, I know that Vodafone and voxi support it here in the uk un sure about others

Reactions: sterumbelow

KarimLeVallois

macrumors 68020
Feb 22, 2014
London
I'm just happy that they've FINALLY added colours to the Calendar app appointments (rather than just everything being grey) and also given us the option to narrow those chunky margins in the Books.

Speedman100

macrumors 6502
Jul 21, 2013
Can you finally select all iMessage attachments (photos) without tapping each photo one by one? This has been driving me nuts probably since iOS 13 or whatever.
Nope, sadly it doesn’t look like you can drag your finger to select a bunch at once. I wish they would change this, too.

Reactions: olekzap

mazz0

macrumors 68040
Mar 23, 2011
Leeds, UK
I very much dislike the new Photos app. Unlike apps with a tab bar, it’s not possible to switch between completely different views without returning to the main view.
Agreed - it was an immediate red flag in the demo when she said "everything's in one place, with all your photos at the top and every other piece of functionality underneath" (or words to that effect), and having used it it is indeed bad.

mazz0

macrumors 68040
Mar 23, 2011
Leeds, UK
Are tinted icons only available with black background?

Edit: okay, only those with black background. Less customizable that I thought :(
What do you mean? It's applied to every icon I've looked at including many without black backgrounds.

Populus

macrumors 603
Aug 24, 2012
Spain, Europe
What do you mean? It's applied to every icon I've looked at including many without black backgrounds.
I mean that the “select tint” customization option appears to be only applicable to the icon version that replaces background color for a black color. Which is understandable because ting those without a white background would be difficult. But damn, Apple should allow users to change apps icons manually.

Ansath

Cancelled
Original poster
Jun 9, 2018
I mean that the “select tint” customization option appears to be only applicable to the icon version that replaces background color for a black color. Which is understandable because ting those without a white background would be difficult. But damn, Apple should allow users to change apps icons manually.
Not sure I get what you mean. When I went to tint, every single app icon I have has tinted.

bilibug

macrumors 6502
Aug 27, 2008
Stockton NJ
The new icons "theming" option is a bit messy, at least for now. Dark mode only applies to the default Apple apps which is horrible. 3rd party apps still have default icons. Hope they 'll fix this.

And yet it themes 3rd party widgets

cigz

macrumors regular
Nov 7, 2016
Hopefully they remove the circle buttons on Control Center and leave the current square ones, they look out of place.
I don't like them either. Icons are square everywhere, on the Home Screen, in settings app and then you open the Control Center and some of the buttons are circle and the square ones have such a dramatic corner radius that it looks messy and dense because of the added icons on the right of the screen for different Control Center pages. The current (ios17) Control Center looks way cleaner.

Also speaking of icons - why are the dark mode icons so vibrant? Like camera and calculator icons are tottaly fine but then you have phone, FaceTime, messages and photos icons that are so colourful and vibrant. They look tacky for me. And at the same time there's maps icon with dull/darken colours (which is obvious for a DARK mode) but are these new icons supposed to be for a DARK mode or VIBRANT mode? The light mode icons are not so colourful and vibrant.

mazz0

macrumors 68040
Mar 23, 2011
Leeds, UK
I *think* I see what you mean - you mean for the apps that have a dark and an light icon, ie Apple's own apps, it switches to the dark mode icon when you apply a tiny? If so yeah, that's true. It still tints 3rd party icons that don't have a dark background.
IMG_8678.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: Populus
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.