Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

GradientWinds

macrumors newbie
Jun 11, 2024
Small but huge thing for me, the Music app now shows the ENTIRE track and artist name.

IMG_2289.png

DblHelix

macrumors 6502a
Mar 19, 2009
Found a bug that I reported. For the energy usage in the home app it is trying to log me into a utility that covers most of my state but my area uses a different utility. Should be a way to search for utility and connect that way.

Populus

macrumors 603
Aug 24, 2012
Spain, Europe
I *think* I see what you mean - you mean for the apps that have a dark and an light icon, ie Apple's own apps, it switches to the dark mode icon when you apply a tiny? If so yeah, that's true. It still tints 3rd party icons that don't have a dark background.
View attachment 2387540
Thanks. Anyways, this is just the first beta and I’m sure this features will be tweaked along the beta cycle.

hbman122

macrumors member
Aug 31, 2010
They’ve finally fixed the queuing system in the Music app. Now behaves the same as Spotify queuing does. Been waiting for them to bring back the ‘Clear Queue’ option for years 😭

jpsmith76

macrumors regular
Jun 4, 2014
Huntsville, AL USA
Here’s on that is I “think” is new.

iPhone 15 ProMax on iOS 18b1 using carrier A.
iPhone 14 on iOS 17.5.1 using carrier B.
Both signed into same Apple ID, WiFi calling enabled on both.

Received call on first iPhone, and let it go to VoiceMail. Caller left message.

VM shows up on BOTH iPhones.

Listen to message and delete on first iPhone and it disappeared from iPhone 2.

It’s like voicemails are now synced between them, even on different software versions AND different carriers.

Cinder6

macrumors 6502a
Jul 9, 2009
So excited about this! Hope they add the Forest sound from the HomePod as well before the final release. I use that one most of all.

Forgive me if this has already been mentioned (I didn’t see it if it was), but you can now adjust margins in Books. The margins were so wide and the text was so narrow in iOS 17 and it really bothered me. So glad they fixed this!
I was so excited for this last night. I’ve been filing feedback requesting adjustable margins for years now!

Reactions: Populus

redbeard331

macrumors 68030
Jul 21, 2009
I don't like them either. Icons are square everywhere, on the Home Screen, in settings app and then you open the Control Center and some of the buttons are circle and the square ones have such a dramatic corner radius that it looks messy and dense because of the added icons on the right of the screen for different Control Center pages. The current (ios17) Control Center looks way cleaner.

Also speaking of icons - why are the dark mode icons so vibrant? Like camera and calculator icons are tottaly fine but then you have phone, FaceTime, messages and photos icons that are so colourful and vibrant. They look tacky for me. And at the same time there's maps icon with dull/darken colours (which is obvious for a DARK mode) but are these new icons supposed to be for a DARK mode or VIBRANT mode? The light mode icons are not so colourful and vibrant.

Yea it looks like the icons from back before we had dark mode and we’d use smart invert to make everything dark but it looked horrible. It’s like apple just took the icons from smart invert and called it a day, so lazy and poorly done. I’ve seen people make better icons in a day for Cydia when jailbreaks came out in the past, how a 3 trillion dollar company can’t seem to find one even mediocre graphic artist defies belief.

nheilweil

macrumors 6502a
Jul 10, 2008
Redmond, WA
The new icons "theming" option is a bit messy, at least for now. Dark mode only applies to the default Apple apps which is horrible. 3rd party apps still have default icons. Hope they 'll fix this.
Third-party apps can’t use any iOS 18 API’s until the software is released publicly so for now it will just be the Apple app icons.

Jamie0003

macrumors 65816
Apr 17, 2009
Norfolk, UK
Question I have for those on the beta: can you record spacial in 4K? At the moment it’s only possible 1080p 30, but I remember a little while ago that an app was able to record in 4K 30

Also, any changes to the action button? I was hoping for new one click, two click, three click, hold options

GuilleA

macrumors 6502
Jun 8, 2015
Buenos Aires
The new icons "theming" option is a bit messy, at least for now. Dark mode only applies to the default Apple apps which is horrible. 3rd party apps still have default icons. Hope they 'll fix this.
I guess it's a new API and developers must add a dark icon in the app package.

rdoane

macrumors newbie
Oct 7, 2008
Zooming in digitally now causes a pop up to appear with a yellow box showing the framing within the full shot. Kind of like a Picture in Picture.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.