Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

ipedro

macrumors 603
Nov 30, 2004
Toronto, ON
I switched from Things to Reminders last year and have loved it, but for the one “little thing” that Reminders doesn’t let you celebrate completing all your tasks for repeating tasks. It just replaces the task you completed with the upcoming one. Things let’s you set a time after which completed tasks are cleared and upcoming tasks appear. This is a little thing that will make a big difference. Anybody on the beta, can you please check if they fix that in iOS 18?

ipedro

macrumors 603
Nov 30, 2004
Toronto, ON
Did anyone notice Reminders has a new app icon?
What does it look like, do you have a screenshot please? I was never fond of the icon. Hopefully it’s not worse.

EDIT: never mind, saw that you shared. They look the same to me.

Last edited:

Paddle1

macrumors 603
May 1, 2013
Still stuck with only
Are you using Tapatalk on the beta as well? Seems to be one of the apps that doesn't fully work on iOS 18.

Attachments

• img1.png
    img1.png
    39.3 KB · Views: 61

zakarhino

Contributor
Sep 13, 2014
Hopefully they remove the circle buttons on Control Center and leave the current square ones, they look out of place.

Almost every new design element they showed off this year looks unfinished or badly designed from a usability perspective.

The theming for Apple Intelligence is sickly, it's so reminiscent of Microsoft's Copilot+

ellpee

macrumors member
Mar 5, 2024
Settings>General>Fonts>System Fonts: Is this font downloading new or am I out of the loop? Interesting that San Francisco isn’t in there.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Mr.Mozi and Wormald

bobbyjack

macrumors newbie
Feb 17, 2017
Paris
Are there any other improvements in the Phone app, such as auto-completing when you start composing a number based on your call history?

tehabe

macrumors 6502
Jun 6, 2018
Hamburg
I really hope for some CardDAV improvements in iOS 18, I'm using Fastmail and when I creating a new contact it lands in Global Address Book which I have to fix in the web view because macOS only syncs the first CardDAV address books it finds and ignores all others.

Paddle1

macrumors 603
May 1, 2013
I haven't had TapaTalk issues.
The issue appears to be when you make a post it seems to occasionally replace some of your message text with lots of broken emojis for users that are not on TapaTalk, which may make your message unreadable. Not sure what triggers that.

Reactions: Ladyc0524
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.