Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

iBreatheApple

macrumors 68040
Sep 3, 2011
Florida
The only photo I have is my iPad for the old logo… I swear it’s very slightly different…

It's pretty small, I can see a subtle gradient on the new icon. The Watch app, Wallet app, and Voice Memos icons seem to have this change as well.

Edit: I'm noticing that even more icons have been tweaked now that I look closer.
Maybe it’s been mentioned 8 pages later but there are several changes…

1. Thicker shorter “list lines”
  2. The colored bullets and overall illustration is more centralized with more white space around the border
  3. The white space around the colored circles inside of the bigger outer circle has shrunken.

Reactions: Dj64Mk7

gwhizkids

macrumors G5
Jun 21, 2013
And transcripts the audio into text, like notes app? That would be really awesome…

By the way, nobody is testing this beta on their SE 2 or 3?
Voice memos does indeed transcribe recordings. I just tried it out. Works just like in Notes. Record something, tap the three dots in the upper right of the recording "card" and you will get several options, including "Show Transcript". What remains to be seen is whether these transcripts are as good as the Whisper-based services. If so, add this to the fairly long list of Sherlocked apps this go-round.

Paddle1

macrumors 603
May 1, 2013
And transcripts the audio into text, like notes app? That would be really awesome…

By the way, nobody is testing this beta on their SE 2 or 3?
What I think would be cool to see is the ability to transcribe audio files after they've already been recorded. The way it is now if you forget to hit transcribe before recording you're out of luck.

VSMacOne

macrumors 603
Oct 18, 2008
I’d like to turn on the Home Screen tint whenever my Sleep focus turns on at night. Has anyone figured out if that’s possible yet?

Dj64Mk7

macrumors 65816
Sep 15, 2013
I’d like to turn on the Home Screen tint whenever my Sleep focus turns on at night. Has anyone figured out if that’s possible yet?
Have you tried assigning your Sleep Focus to a particular lock/Home Screen?

EDIT: I just tried this myself, and I’m seriously kind of shocked that it does not work like this.

redbeard331

macrumors 68030
Jul 21, 2009
Is this new??

IMG_4101.jpeg

one more

macrumors 603
Aug 6, 2015
Earth
In the redesigned Photos app, can we now order the photos to show the most recent ones at the top of the screen, instead of the bottom as in iOS 17?

Otherwise for people with thousands of photos it takes a lot of scrolling, even in the Recent album.

arovik

macrumors member
May 25, 2009
Third-party apps can’t use any iOS 18 API’s until the software is released publicly so for now it will just be the Apple app icons.
So how do you explain that the other colouring options works for all icons? it's only the dark mode preset that don't work for all icons

VSMacOne

macrumors 603
Oct 18, 2008
Have you tried assigning your Sleep Focus to a particular lock/Home Screen?

EDIT: I just tried this myself, and I’m seriously kind of shocked that it does not work like this.
Yup. Because currently the customization feature is tied to the home screen, and carries over to every Lockscreen/Homescreen combo. Hopefully they’ll add a way to customize the homescreen for each Lockscreen rather than across the board.

Reactions: Dj64Mk7

VSMacOne

macrumors 603
Oct 18, 2008
So how do you explain that the other colouring options works for all icons? it's only the dark mode preset that don't work for all icons
The new Dark Mode allows for actual changes to the diferent elements of the icon (compare the camera and music app icons in light and dark) whereas the Tint option just applies a layer of color over the entire icon. That’s why the new dark mode will require developer support.

819457B1-E6A8-4E57-9F11-5033386B3169.jpeg

damorino

macrumors newbie
Jun 12, 2024
In the redesigned Photos app, can we now order the photos to show the most recent ones at the top of the screen, instead of the bottom as in iOS 17?

Otherwise for people with thousands of photos it takes a lot of scrolling, even in the Recent album.

In iOS 17 you can just tap the Albums folder at the bottom to jump to the bottom of all Photos. I would also like to see most recent photos at the top, but still.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.