Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Chris_VIE

macrumors newbie
Nov 1, 2021
you could mak a contact called spam and block that contac, then add the number to that contact from the long press menu as a workaround. But I hope that blok number will be added to that menu
yeah - thats the long way to block someone ... but for me, from 17 to 18 this is a valid bug/change and i just wanted to let everyone know ...

Reactions: Maxell

Chris_VIE

macrumors newbie
Nov 1, 2021
You need to click on it, then it'll open the contact card and you can block it there. Clicking won't call the number back anymore, it will just open like the "i" symbol.
ahhhh ok - now i got it .. sry for the confusion ..
this is a real change

Reactions: Maxell

AxelFoley

macrumors regular
Feb 16, 2015
I am experiencing the same. Wanted to remove some Screen Time restrictions that were set in iOS 17. If I choose Screen Time from Settings app then the app crashes every time on iPhone and iPad. I tried disabling Screen Time from the Mac but once I enter the passcode then it hangs. I have rebooted all three devices however issue persists. I have reported it to Apple via feedback. If you happen to resolve this then please post.

Axel F.
Anyone else with the issue above and has been able to resolve it?

Axel F.

dk001

macrumors demi-god
Oct 3, 2014
Sage, Lightning, and Mountains
15 ProMax
Heating

Spent some time reading Kindle while at lunch. Was surprised when the back got warm (97.4F). Killed Kindle and set it aside. have been using it for email and IM (Teams) since and it has been cool. Last check was 83.2F

No idea why but will keep an eye on this.

Update: I was reading in my office and have an IR electronic thermometer. Handy gadget.

Paddle1

macrumors 603
May 1, 2013
The beta was working perfectly the first couple days now my phone keeps constantly lagging/restarting/crashing/turning off. It does feel pretty hot...

Edit: Storage filled up on its own and phone kept shutting off so often I couldn't even restore without putting it in recovery mode and going to 17.5.1. Reinstalled iOS 18 and now working fine again. Glad it's not my main phone.

Last edited:

redbeard331

macrumors 68040
Jul 21, 2009
Do you have it?

Yes.

💀😺🥰😙🙂‍↔️😎😭🫁👂👋🗣️👨‍🏫👨‍🏫👩🏾‍🏫🧔🧌🧛🏻‍♂️🎅🧟‍♂️🤷🏻💅🎒🦺👝👖🎓🪖🧤🌂🫎🐻‍❄️🐷🦆🐦🦊🦆🐸🦄🐦🐌🐞🦆🐧🐬🐐🐅🐂🦧🐎🐐🦈🦌🐏🐪🌿💐🌷🪨🍂🍄‍🟫🪨🪺🐉🍄‍🟫🍄‍🟫🎄🌿🌈☂️🌧️⛈️🌊⛄️🌧️🥖🍅🍌🧅🥐🍇🥯🥔🍒🥝🥥🥥🧅🍔🫙🥫🧇🍣🥐🥟🥚🍜🍟🫔🥙🍱🦴🦴🍾🧊🥜🥄🍪🍸🍯🍻🫖🥃🍵🧊🥄🎂🥂🍿🍾🍵🧊🤺🤼⛸️🥍🎽🎿🎣⛸️🪁🥋🪂🤾🏻‍♂️🧗🧗🧗🏄‍♀️🏵️🪕🎭🎲🥁🎻🎺🚑🚙🏎️🚚🚛🚈🛺🚅🚖🚝🛵🚊🚍✈️🚋🚛🪝🏝️🚏🏔️🏭🌋🏤🏜️🏭🚦🗻⛲️🏬⛲️🏣🌇🏞️⛪️🏢🌄🛕🏭🕋🏬🌅🏫🌠🖱️⏲️💾📻📷🕰️📻🔌📻🕯️🔦🗜️📹🎙️🧭☎️🪫🛢️📡💾📸💡🔌⚰️⛓️🛡️🔩🧿🛠️🕳️🩻🛡️🔭🚬🪬🔑🧹🛌🚽🪆🧼🧼🎏🧹🛒🌡️🚪🔑🧺🛋️🧼🪟📩🧾📥📅📯📋📁📑🗂️🔗📇📐📋✂️🗄️📰✏️📗🔒🧮🔎📏🔏🖇️🖤💙🤍💞💓☯️☸️⛎☸️♋️♍️☪️☪️♏️♌️♌️🈵♓️㊗️🈸🈲⚛️🅱️⚛️🚫🆚🈵⭕️㊗️💯🚯🆎🅾️❌📛〽️🚯✅❗️❎⭕️❌⛔️♻️‼️🔆💠🚸💹‼️❎🅿️🈯️🚼❎🈳🛂🛗🛜🧑‍🧑‍🧒‍🧒💠🈁🛃🚼🔤ℹ️🚼🆗▶️4️⃣⏭️🆕➡️#️⃣⏺️9️⃣⏬️◀️*️⃣🔼#️⃣3️⃣#️⃣⏸️🆙◀️🆙⏭️6️⃣➡️*️⃣🔙🔀™️💱🎵⤴️↩️™️🔴✖️🔚➗✔️☑️🔺▪️🟢▫️✔️◽️🔳⚫️🔸🔻🔶☑️🟥🟢🔷🟣🟧🔳◽️🔊🔉◾️🟥⬛️⬜️💬🟨🟩⬜️🔶⬜️🟪🔇♣️♦️🔊♦️📢🀄️📢🃏🕔🕑📣📢🎴🔉🔇♥️♣️♠️🕟🀄️♥️🕚♥️🕣🕚🕢♥️♦️📣🔕🗯️♥️♦️🎴🏴🇦🇺🇦🇫🇦🇿🇦🇫🇧🇪🏳️‍🌈🇧🇭🏴🇧🇯🏳️‍⚧️🇦🇷🇦🇫🏴‍☠️🏁🇦🇷🇧🇯🇦🇬🇻🇬🇨🇱🇰🇭🇰🇲🇨🇨🇧🇷🇨🇩🇨🇰🇧🇬🇨🇮🇮🇨🇮🇴🇹🇩🇧🇷🇨🇱🇧🇬🇪🇨🇪🇨🇬🇶🇪🇺🇵🇫🇪🇪🇬🇲🇫🇰🇬🇺🇫🇷🇬🇲🇬🇼🇬🇲🇬🇺🇬🇵🇱🇮🇮🇩🇱🇹🇮🇪🇱🇸🇰🇮🇲🇬🇱🇻🇱🇺🇲🇩🇱🇸🇲🇷🇱🇦🇾🇹🇱🇮🇲🇪🇷🇪🇳🇫🇷🇴🇰🇵🇵🇾🇳🇷🇵🇪🇳🇪🇸🇳🇴🇲🇵🇹🇳🇺🇷🇪🇵🇾🇵🇷🇸🇴🇨🇭🇬🇸🇸🇩🇸🇮🇸🇾🇸🇸🇪🇸🇹🇭🇵🇲🇹🇴🇱🇨🇹🇰🇸🇪🇹🇬🇺🇿🇹🇹🇬🇧🇾🇪🇹🇷🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🇹🇻🇿🇼🇬🇧🇼🇫🇹🇨🇿🇲🇹🇰🇦🇪🇸🇭🇰🇵🇸🇹🇴🇲🇸🇧🇵🇹🇸🇳🇸🇨🇲🇼🇳🇺🇵🇰🎌🇱🇾🇮🇪🇮🇱🇱🇧🇯🇲🇮🇳🇱🇮🇯🇪🇯🇪🇱🇮

Brachaci

Contributor
Jul 27, 2014
Slovakia
If you think tinted icons are profound, you need to get out more. With everything they announced for ios18, Google has been doing it for ages. Apples seems so far behind these days. They need to come up with something that nobody else is doing.
I think you missed the irony in bluegt's comment :)

• Love
Reactions: bluegt

ExAndroidUsr

macrumors member
Mar 3, 2020
So far almost everything goes pretty well. No app crashes, no battery drain or warming issues and CarPlay works perfectly. My only issue was that autocorrect stopped to work completely but it was an easy fix, I just had to redownload the language packs in the keyboard settings. I’m really digging this update and to me it is not as boring as the iOS17 release.

Reactions: VSMacOne

hesoba

macrumors regular
Jul 7, 2017
I can’t find the toggle silent/mute switch in control Center. Seems like I discarded it and can’t add it back because it’s nowhere to be found

Last edited:

Broken Hope

macrumors 68000
Jan 15, 2015
I can’t find the toggle silent/mute switch in control Center. Seems like I discarded it and can’t add it back because it’s nowhere to be found
IMG_5010.jpeg

saxon48

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2010
Barad-dûr
Add me to the small list of users with CarPlay issues. Was working fine the first couple days until this morning, now my JVC unit won’t initiate when connected to my phone (wired). Resetting the unit itself and deleting the saved connection info in Settings changes nothing.

Last edited:
Reactions: dmccombs
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.