Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

bilibug

macrumors 6502
Aug 27, 2008
Stockton NJ
For some reason, I lost the ability to replace the bottom lock screen icons with "open app" shortcuts. When I select it, the dialog to choose the app opens and closes immediately. I know I was able to change them after first install. I've tried hard restarting several times. Any ideas?

I am able to replace them with any of the other shortcut suggestions that don't require a settings dialog.

LockOn2B

Cancelled
Jan 25, 2023
Anyone know what the Optimizing in Photos is for?
My iPhone has very few pics and this keeps changing but seems to stay in the 70’s.

This is not showing on my iPad where I have hundreds of pics.

btw - iPhone was plugged in all night.
Looks like it’s the new “Analyzing scenes/Finding duplicates”.

On that note, my phone’s taking WAY longer to “optimize” everything. Like, at least twice as long as on old iOS. It’s still on the charger every night so nothing’s changed except for the new version.

Reactions: dk001

Sneakerp

macrumors regular
Oct 10, 2012
I changed my flashlight button on lock screen to wallet, but it’s not working. Wonder if this is isolated glitch or wallet support is yet to come.

bigjnyc

macrumors G3
Apr 10, 2008
All I want now is a number row on the keyboard and this update will be *perfect*
Unbelievable that they haven't offered this yet, with the iPhone getting so much bigger. I use a Galaxy S23 plus for work and this feature comes in so handy all the time.

Plus they’ve got all of this wasted space down here. Surely they can find another place to stick emoji and voice buttons

IMG_6218.jpeg

Artesia

Suspended
Mar 30, 2024
Am I loosing my mind or does the AirPods Max sound bunchier in iOS 18? Im using the same settings as I did in 17.5, now after listening to music in 18 it sounds much more bunchier. And Im listening to a lot of music, so this was easy to notice. And the word I was looking for was muffled, not bunchier. XD

Ignore all of that:

iOS 18 disabled Media tab in Headphone Accommodation settings.

Last edited:

john991

macrumors 68040
Sep 30, 2014
Great White North - aka Canada
I know it’s a first beta.

Anyone else’s battery life seem to have taken a hit?
watchOS 11 is terrible with battery life. I had my watch 8 fully charged, ran with cellular on and listening to music without my iPhone and my battery went dead before my run finished. With watchOS 10 I could do the same run with cellular and music and be left with 70% battery on watch.

gwhizkids

macrumors G5
Jun 21, 2013
I changed my flashlight button on lock screen to wallet, but it’s not working. Wonder if this is isolated glitch or wallet support is yet to come.
Doesn't it seem like wallet should NOT be a feature that can be enabled that way from the Lock Screen? Not too much security risk turning on your flashlight. A whole lot more risk opening your wallet app.

H3LL5P4WN

macrumors 68040
Jun 19, 2010
Pittsburgh PA
watchOS 11 is terrible with battery life. I had my watch 8 fully charged, ran with cellular on and listening to music without my iPhone and my battery went dead before my run finished. With watchOS 10 I could do the same run with cellular and music and be left with 70% battery on watch.
Mine doesn’t seem to be that drastic, but I’m not quite getting the “charge back to 80% by the time I’m out of the shower in the morning” that I was on 10.

Aceroller

macrumors 6502
Sep 29, 2015
I've added the battery widget to my Lock Screen, but it won't let me change it from my watch to my phone. Can anyone else do this with a new lock screen? I could definitely do this on iOS 17.

Rob9874

macrumors 6502
Jul 19, 2010
I typically install Public Betas, but the feedback on here gave me the confidence to install the iOS 18 Dev Beta 1 on my 14PM (after backing up to my mac first). I have to say I am very pleased with it. It has been surprisingly smooth for me. Really no glitches at all. I don't use Car Play or the native Mail app, which others have seen some issues. Arranging my home screen the way I want was a little frustrating, especially since I wanted my widget in the middle. Finally got it, but I don't like how if I move the wrong icon or add another icon to my home screen, the widget will move to the side. That's the only complaint I have. I do plan to wait to install the next releases until I hear they're good. May just wait till release 4.

Reactions: SD15
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.