Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Barbareren

macrumors 6502a
Dec 10, 2020
Norway & Mexico
You quoted my post and kept saying "money is no issue". I don't see myself touching money subject in my post.
“Kept saying”? You’re confusing me with someone else. I was quoting two people. The mobile site wouldn’t let me quote two post at once, but whatever… I couldn’t care less what phone you have or how many you have. I also have a Mini, but that’s beside the point. I got the Plus mainly because of the battery life and bigger screen. That’s it.

ctjack

macrumors 65816
Mar 8, 2020
I couldn’t care less what phone you have or how many you have.
I would suggest seeing some Ramit Sethi videos on Youtube. This guy is brilliant and helps to unwind money related problems. You are too fixated on things you make up on the go - I did not list anywhere here the phone(s-plural?) that i have.

Surfsalot

macrumors 68000
Mar 18, 2023
Those on here that say it’s not about the money are always buying the cheaper model lol

Jay Tee

macrumors regular
Mar 17, 2023
For me, i see zero advantage with the 17 chip vs 16 chip. Only applies to gamers I think.
Also, real professionals who need ProRes, and hobbyists who like tinkering with videos and pics.

I, on the other hand, actually want Apple to make these photo/video aesthetic choices. That's what I'm paying them to do: make these decisions for me by figuring out what works best. I'd much rather take the shot, and get on with my life, not hunched over my Mac twiddling knobs and what not.

Last edited:

Barbareren

macrumors 6502a
Dec 10, 2020
Norway & Mexico
I would suggest seeing some Ramit Sethi videos on Youtube. This guy is brilliant and helps to unwind money related problems. You are too fixated on things you make up on the go - I did not list anywhere here the phone(s-plural?) that i have.
Whatever. Get a life(s).

Adelphos33

macrumors 68000
Mar 13, 2012
To me - the interesting comparison will be next year.

• iPhone 16+ and 16 Pro Max (or Ultra or whatever it is called) will likely be different sizes, with the Pro phone with a slightly larger screen
  • Therefore, the weight difference between the Plus and Pro versions will be even greater
  • The Pro may come with additional camera or other features that differentiates it from the Plus
  • However, the Plus may gain absent features like always on screen, increased refresh rate, etc (I think my dream of a telephoto lens on the regular phone is years away)
  • The Pro Max/Ultra will likely be another $100 more expensive than the plus
I think the Plus, in this situation, will be a great phone, but the Max/Ultra will be a bit more differentiated. I really look forward to either buying the Plus or the "regular Pro" next year (as the regular Pro is also getting a size bump)

Chris_99

macrumors newbie
May 23, 2023
following up 1.5 months later super happy with my 15 plus. For me it’s a superior experience compared to the max, and the screen also feels better on my eyes, less strain. So much lighter and easier to hold. It’s the winner.

Keeping the 13 pro as a back up phone and hardly touching it.

Money is no object for me when it comes to phones, I can afford any Apple product, this is about pure utility and experience

Hi,
there since you switched from an PM to Plus.........I also appreciate the lightness of the plus.....how much better is the battery in plus compared to the pro max? in real world user experience how much screen on time are you getting? could you share your battery analysis from your iPhone of the last 10 days and load it up as a picture?

my question is.... on YouTube the plus was ahead of the PM in battery tests ...then the bug fixes and IOS updates came and then they seem to be on par.........

Thank you so much for your help!

thatJohann

macrumors 68000
Jul 5, 2013
NYC
Tried the 15 Plus again after using the regular 15 which I love and I couldn’t get used to the 15 Plus size. It’s like hand gymnastics to use the keyboard one handed while trying not to drop it. Started to frustrate me.

Returning the 15 Plus today.

Reactions: Sorinut

geta

macrumors 68000
May 18, 2010
The Moon
Those on here that say it’s not about the money are always buying the cheaper model lol
It’s about personal needs. Nothing in the pro models, let alone the Max (or the Plus) version, is useful to me.

Not everyone feels the need to spend money just so they can later brag about having the "latest and greatest".

Barbareren

macrumors 6502a
Dec 10, 2020
Norway & Mexico
how much better is the battery in plus compared to the pro max? in real world user experience how much screen on time are you getting? could you share your battery analysis from your iPhone of the last 10 days and load it up as a picture?
Hi. I’m not the one you’re quoting, but that’s honestly a difficult question… I have the Plus, but I only charge it 40-50% daily. Also the ‘screen on time’ is far from the only factor. For example you can read articles or ebooks for hours and hours without affecting the battery life much, but being more active like sending messages, taking fotos, being on social media etc. will drain the battery much more. Also, if you’re a person like me, you might listen to podcasts for hours each day, so my point is that those statistics you’re asking for are very misleading. I charged my phone to 76% early today. Now I’m at 51% with over 4 hours screen on time (almost exclusively active messaging and such - paying bills and using my net bank(s) a lot etc. etc.) and 2,40 hours of podcasting. All i can say is that I’ve yet to run out of battery life. Far from it. I haven’t even reached 20%. The Pro Max will use more battery, unless you turn off certain functions.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Surfsalot

Chris_99

macrumors newbie
May 23, 2023
Hi. I’m not the one you’re quoting, but that’s honestly a difficult question… I have the Plus, but I only charge it 40-50% daily. Also the ‘screen on time’ is far from the only factor. For example you can read articles or ebooks for hours and hours without affecting the battery life much, but being more active like sending messages, taking fotos, being on social media etc. will drain the battery much more. Also, if you’re a person like me, you might listen to podcasts for hours each day, so my point is that those statistics you’re asking for are very misleading. I charged my phone to 76% early today. Now I’m at 51% with over 4 hours screen on time (almost exclusively active messaging and such - paying bills and using my net bank(s) a lot etc. etc.) and 2,40 hours of podcasting. All i can say is that I’ve yet to run out of battery life. Far from it. I haven’t even reached 20%. The Pro Max will use more battery, unless you turn off certain functions.

Hi thanks for your reply! I do have the Pro Max battery is awesome ...I do come from a SE....but I do get very good battery life ...like 5h SOT with less than 50 % , one day I got 8,5h SOT with just 63 % of battery usage. My phone lasts me 2 days...I am not a power user...by any means....I wanted a bigger screen to I was on the fence between Plus and Pro Max......its was only 200 Bucks difference (I need 256 GB)....I am still getting used to the bigger phone and weight ...I do have long return window due to christmas......So I am still considering the 15 plus. I like the plus because its feels much lighter...

Since you have the plus? Are you satisfied? For how long have you been using it? what do you like the most..... anything you dislike about it? why did you choose the Plus over the pro max?

Thanks!

Barbareren

macrumors 6502a
Dec 10, 2020
Norway & Mexico
Since you have the plus? Are you satisfied? For how long have you been using it? what do you like the most..... anything you dislike about it? why did you choose the Plus over the pro max?

Thanks!
Hi. Yep, very satisfied with it. Been using it for around 2 months now. The battery life would be the one thing I like the most, if I had to choose only one thing... Dislike - well, one handed use can be tricky. Also, I'd love for the phone to be flush. I loathe the camera bump (I don't use cases). And that's one of the reasons I didn't get the Pro Max. Otherwise it was mainly because I didn't see the need for the extra features. The thing which made me think twice, though, was the 2GB more RAM (when it comes to future proofing)...

mm1234

macrumors newbie
Nov 25, 2023
Hello new member here, I was wondering if anyone has had their back glass crack on the pro max, I have seen a few cases where it seems to crack from basic day-to-day activities. I wanted to carry my new phone in my pocket during bike rides and was wondering if a crack might appear afterwards. This is now pretty much the only thing stopping me from getting the pro max over the plus.

Thanks in advance

Christopher Kim

macrumors 6502a
Nov 18, 2016
Most people don’t need, nor care about, all those things you’re mentioning. Neither do it. That’s why I chose the Plus, and it’s not about money.
Why are you all so fixated on money aspect? It is not needed to belittle other choices to feel right about yours.
Best phone for me is 13 mini. For you is 15 Plus. The most superior in terms of model positioning from Apple and tech wise: 15 PM. So what?

I think the purpose of the point was to say that irrespective of cost (which is often / usually a factor), he prefers the 15 Plus. Which is saying something. As it's usually a question of "incl. the fact that it's $300 cheaper, I think it's the better choice". Vs I liken this point to saying that even if the 15 Plus and 15PM were the same price, they still might choose the 15 Plus.

I wouldn't be quite there, but I can understand, that if you don't care/need the things that the 15PM has (eg. Promotion, 5x Telephone / Ultra-Wide lenses, Thunderbolt USB-C, etc.), then there could be some slight advantages to the 15 Plus (eg. weight, battery life).

Reactions: Carlsberg69

Carlsberg69

macrumors regular
Mar 26, 2023
Interesting reading all, and thanks OP for sharing! Was curious about how the 15 plus measures up in comparison to especially the PM, since I will get a 15 plus as a work phone in a few weeks. Been rocking a 14PM as a private phone about 10 months now and it’s nice but kind of heafty in all its SS glory. I’m really wondering how I’m going to perceive the difference with promotion, since I obviously will use both phones parallel, but don’t think that will be a huge problem on my part. After all, everything is relative but Apple don’t have “bad” screens... Using the cameras on the 14PM and all the pro features that comes with it is a big thing for me privately but not needed on my work phone.

Anyway, I plan to get back here to share my assessment between them both when I get my hands on the plus.

• Love
Reactions: erkanasu

ab2c4

macrumors 6502
Sep 21, 2013
I went with the Plus, the reason was how much lighter it was. If the Pro Max had been lighter I would have gotten that.

I usually go with the lighter weight phone.

kp98077

macrumors 601
Oct 26, 2010
The plus is just about 10% lighter than the 15PM not a lot! But it feels much more than that to me! Especially minus the camera bumps at the Apple Store the other night a lot of people were buying plus' I was wondering why?

joshwithachance

macrumors 68020
Dec 11, 2009
Nope, I buy the lighter phone no matter the price. I would have gladly bought the Pro Max if it was lighter than the Plus. Money is no object, weight is. The lighter a phone is, the more premium it is in my opinion.

If anything that makes it feel/seem CHEAPER in my opinion. But I do understand the appeal of a lighter phone for sure. If this was last year when the Pro Max was FAR heavier than the Plus I would've been more tempted, but they're rather similar in weight now.

Reactions: Christopher Kim

janeauburn

macrumors 65816
Nov 22, 2015
I have both the 15 Plus and the 15 Pro Max. I agree that the Plus is the easier phone to hold and carry, which is why it's my main phone. The Pro Max I keep here for testing purposes. It's nice, but the weight and thickness of the phone (downsides) outweigh the positives for me.

The ProMotion feature of the Pro Max I find to be grossly overrated. In fact, I can hold both phones side by side and scroll through text and notice exactly 0 difference between them. If anything, the Plus seems smoother. I suppose the ProMotion makes the Pro Max feel a tad snappier overall, but this could also be due to the faster chip. I don't know. I do know that the ProMotion is meaningless to me.

Christopher Kim

macrumors 6502a
Nov 18, 2016
If anything that makes it feel/seem CHEAPER in my opinion. But I do understand the appeal of a lighter phone for sure. If this was last year when the Pro Max was FAR heavier than the Plus I would've been more tempted, but they're rather similar in weight now.
I agree - I went with the 15 Pro Max for myself a few months post-launch, and have loved it. Subjective for sure, but for me the lighter weight (and feel) of the 15 Pro Max vs the 12 PM > 14PM generation, passed the "tipping point" for me where it's light enough. I use it caseless too, which helps the weight issue. I got my MIL the 15 Plus and she loves it too. All subjective and what we value.

Reactions: joshwithachance

kp98077

macrumors 601
Oct 26, 2010
Agree reading on the Plus so so much nicer as you can have it resting on pinky like a small phone!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.