Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Surfsalot

macrumors 68000
Mar 18, 2023
The plus is just about 10% lighter than the 15PM not a lot! But it feels much more than that to me! Especially minus the camera bumps at the Apple Store the other night a lot of people were buying plus' I was wondering why?
not rocket science its cheaper

Reactions: miq

Carlsberg69

macrumors regular
Mar 26, 2023
plus never wins
Well, looking at the facts it does apparently win on at least following points:
- lightest (20g)
- thinnest
- cheapest
- longest irl battery life according to some tests, but I would probably say it can be considered a draw here.
There are probably some other points I haven’t mentioned. If you meant that the plus will never win for you, that’s ok and you are entitled to that opinion, but just wanted the facts straight here.

Reactions: miq and Barbareren

Surfsalot

macrumors 68000
Mar 18, 2023
- lightest (20g)
- thinnest
- cheapest
- longest irl battery life according to some tests, but I would probably say it can be considered a draw here.
There are probably some other points I haven’t mentioned. If you meant that the plus will never win for you, that’s ok and you are entitled to that opinion, but just wanted the facts straight here.
20 grams means nothing
no pro motion
no 5 x zoom

also a better screen (LTPO with an AoD)
- A17 (Pro) SoC, vs the A16 Bionic
- Extra RAM on all SKUs
- A better camera system (vs both the standard iPhone 15 and the 15 Plus)
- WiFi 6E
- USB-C 3.2 Gen 2

Last edited:
  • Sad

kp98077

macrumors 601
Oct 26, 2010
- lightest (20g)
- thinnest
- cheapest
HEY!! Don't forget all the new Plus commercials during the football playoff games!

kp98077

macrumors 601
Oct 26, 2010
I feel the max is kinda a rip off.. frankly.. for what it is, its just a phone.. then you drop it, get it replaced, rinse and repeat... I only care about reading emails, articles and taking occasional puppy photos..

Zapdoc

macrumors 6502
Mar 4, 2012
20 grams means nothing
no pro motion
no 5 x zoom

- Extra RAM on all SKUs
- WiFi 6E
- USB-C 3.2 Gen 2
Problem with using long zoom lenses on a phone is camera shake certainly I saw it at x5 on PMax or even on the non long f length lenses when you zoom in

Reactions: geta

geta

macrumors 68000
May 18, 2010
The Moon
20 grams means nothing
no pro motion
no 5 x zoom

- Extra RAM on all SKUs
- WiFi 6E
- USB-C 3.2 Gen 2
Useless features for many people…

Smallest and lightest phone will always win over better camera, promotion and the rest of your list.

Carlsberg69

macrumors regular
Mar 26, 2023
20 grams means nothing
no pro motion
no 5 x zoom

- Extra RAM on all SKUs
- WiFi 6E
- USB-C 3.2 Gen 2
That’s fine if you need/want the excellent pro features and willing to pay for it, no doubt the pros are amongst top phones, but it’s kind of having a Ferrari in the middle of Manhattan. It’s flashy and powerful, but you won’t use full power and it’s uncomfortable. The point is the plus will win for a lot of user cases, and I for one can see the benefits of it.

Edit: And about the 20g difference you say means nothing… same difference between the 14PM and 15PM I think, and amongst reviewers it been said to be amazingly more light “more then one thinks”. So with the 15 plus you even get another 20g lighter, in a very compelling package this year. Just saying.

Last edited:

snipr125

macrumors 68000
Oct 17, 2015
UK
20 grams means nothing
no pro motion
no 5 x zoom

- Extra RAM on all SKUs
- WiFi 6E
- USB-C 3.2 Gen 2
I agree with you on all points surfsalot, but not the weight. Basically the 15 Plus weights about the same as the 6.1" 15 Pro, which is quite impressive considering the 6.7" screen, larger body and battery of the 15 Plus.

Surfsalot

macrumors 68000
Mar 18, 2023
I swap between 2 cases that have a 15 gram weight difference, time to do some weight bearing exercise.

• Haha
Reactions: snipr125

Student of Life

macrumors 6502a
Oct 13, 2020
This is all subjective.

Some people like the smallest and lightest phone, great they rock an Apple Watch with cellular.
Some people want all the bells and whistles so the phone can last a long time.
Some people want the cheapest phone that can turn on etc.
It's all subjective so no right or wrong answer.

Surfsalot

macrumors 68000
Mar 18, 2023
No, but could see they have decent credit cards. AND they are NOT financing them they are paying in FULL
How do you know they are not paying off their CC, people on the doll have CC, they also travel the world on them these days, means nothing.

• Haha
Reactions: kp98077

Carlsberg69

macrumors regular
Mar 26, 2023
The 15 plus is one heck of a phone!! It doesn’t have all the top specs and features as on the pro max, obviously, but it’s not far off! My advice imho is to get the standard plus iPhone this year if you don’t really need the pro features. It’s that good. This is just my opinion.

I’ve had the 15 plus for a week now, as a new work phone alongside my personal 14 PM. (Yeah it’s not the 15 PM but I think it can be a valid comparison in its own way.) What really strikes me is how alike they feel. Sure, there are differences between them but they’re very much the same in everyday use if you’re a person not specifically using or relying on the pro features, and to be honest they are not so many. And to be even more honest, I could swap my 14 PM with a 15 plus any day. But that’s because I don’t really need the extra pro features, even if they are nice to have sometimes. I won’t go into all technical numbers in this little comparison, they are easy to look up.

The 15 plus is ca 40g lighter, it doesn’t make much difference in my opinion. The lack of promotion doesn’t bother me especially much personally, both have nice bright screens. What I actually do miss is the AOD, in a way I’ve gotten weirdly used to it, always be able to see the time or any new notifications etc. But hey, I can live without it.

Have to say, ever since i unboxed this black 15 plus and held it, I just think it feels and looks premium and its batterylife and snappiness have been just as great as my 14 PM. What more do you (read: I) need from a iPhone?

parajba

macrumors 6502a
Apr 19, 2008
It is a very nice phone, but the 60Hz screen is horrible, all I can see is stutter and poor scrolling now that I am used to the iPM14! It is really obvious even if you are not looking for it

James6s

macrumors 6502a
Sep 22, 2015
Cumbria, UK
It’s interesting that some people say they can’t see the difference between the 60hz & 120hz. I use a 14 Pro and my partner has a 14 Plus, whenever I see the 14 Plus screen scrolling it’s noticeably less smooth with choppy animations. I couldn’t go back to a 60hz.

I understand the weight differences vs the none pro versions, I went from a 14 Pro Max to the 14 Pro for ease of use in hand and less weight.

I see the 14 Pro as a better option than the iPhone 15 due to the more premium build, same A16 soc, 120hz screen and as I take a lot of photos I appreciate the extra camera capabilities - macro photography & the telephoto lens especially for the 3x portraits. The only downside is the 14 Pro & Pro max can’t be purchased new anymore.

The 15 & 15 Plus are a big improvement over the previous 14 & 14 Plus.

Reactions: Carlsberg69

Christopher Kim

macrumors 6502a
Nov 18, 2016
I think with 60hz vs 120hz/ProMotion on an iPhone screen, if you're 1) used to the ProMotion on 120hz, or 2) you're looking at them side-by-side or one after the other, and looking for it, you can notice it. Especially in scrolling text, or when swapping between home screens.

But I also think that even if going from a Pro to Non-Pro, your brain and eyes would eventually get used to it again. I say this as someone who has ProMotion on everything (my iPad Pro, my iPhone Pro, and MBP) and have had it for many years... so I don't think I'll actually do it. But I *think* I would get used to it again...

If you've never had a 120hz/ProMotion screen, then ignorance is bliss, and you're none the wiser!

contacos

macrumors 601
Nov 11, 2020
Mexico City living in Berlin
I had an iPad Pro with Promotion and „downgraded“ to an iPad Air 4 without it and didn’t notice a difference at all.

I also went from a MBP 2012 to a MBP 2021 and can’t spot the difference either 😅

Hell, I used to have an iPhone 11 from work and I didn’t even notice that it wasn’t an OLED screen, the only thing that gave it away was the bigger „bezel“ over my 12 PM

Reactions: Carlsberg69

kp98077

macrumors 601
Oct 26, 2010
The 15 plus is one heck of a phone!! It doesn’t have all the top specs and features as on the pro max, obviously, but it’s not far off! My advice imho is to get the standard plus iPhone this year if you don’t really need the pro features. It’s that good. This is just my opinion.

I’ve had the 15 plus for a week now, as a new work phone alongside my personal 14 PM. (Yeah it’s not the 15 PM but I think it can be a valid comparison in its own way.) What really strikes me is how alike they feel. Sure, there are differences between them but they’re very much the same in everyday use if you’re a person not specifically using or relying on the pro features, and to be honest they are not so many. And to be even more honest, I could swap my 14 PM with a 15 plus any day. But that’s because I don’t really need the extra pro features, even if they are nice to have sometimes. I won’t go into all technical numbers in this little comparison, they are easy to look up.

The 15 plus is ca 40g lighter, it doesn’t make much difference in my opinion. The lack of promotion doesn’t bother me especially much personally, both have nice bright screens. What I actually do miss is the AOD, in a way I’ve gotten weirdly used to it, always be able to see the time or any new notifications etc. But hey, I can live without it.

Have to say, ever since i unboxed this black 15 plus and held it, I just think it feels and looks premium and its batterylife and snappiness have been just as great as my 14 PM. What more do you (read: I) need from a iPhone?
notice any difference in photo quality? low light?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.