Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mikeske

macrumors 6502
Jan 14, 2012
Washington
I would like to see a reverse charging option with the USB C where you can charge your Apple Watch and air pods from the phone.

PJM83

macrumors 6502
Sep 7, 2014
Stockholm
Forums will flood with people after the event asking why there is no mini and with people asking where the new macs are. Same routine as every year.

Mikeske

macrumors 6502
Jan 14, 2012
Washington
I don't understand why people buy cases, period ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Some of us that buy cases are clumsy o_O like myself. I dropped my iPhone 14 Pro more than once in an industrial setting and the Otterbox Defender protected the phone with no damage. Years ago with my iPhone 5 I dropped it from an aircraft stand down three flights of stairs. NO damage as it was in a case. Now that I am retired I work in my shop rebuilding old cars and so my phone is still in a case. Once every week or so I take the case off and check for damage and clean the phone. I also don't care to pay for the insurance on an item that already has a one year warranty.

dcingie

macrumors regular
Aug 3, 2008
Cary, NC
I'm betting there won't be any price increases. Features don't really warrant it. Just inflation.

So, where's the best place gonna be to order one quickly (for a Spectrum customer)?
Spectrum customer here. I was planning on putting it on my Apple Card for the 3% cash back. Even tho we can’t finance, I’m paying $29.99/month for unlimited. It’s a screaming deal.

darthbane2k

macrumors 68000
Oct 22, 2009
1) There will be no iPhone Ultra this year
2) storage options and min options will remain same as last year
3) iPhone Mini will be discontinued
4) a new IPad Mini will be announced
5) Apple won’t mention USB C, it will refer to the port as Thunderbolt and having ‘compatibility’ with USB C . Only Pros will have the full speed and high speed (braided) cable included
6) All lightning accessories including MagSafe duo , keyboard and trackpads for mac will be replaced with USB C variants
7) There will be a price hike for the Pro models only. Around $50
8) All leather products will be phased out.
9) The Pro’s camera system will be able to shoot in 3D for vision pro
10) New U2 chip in all products including a new line of Airtags that will be announced (other than the chip they will function exactly the same way)
Here’s an outlier…
11) Only an Apple Watch Ultra will be announced. No series 9. There will be a preview of the future in a video teasing watch X

Last edited:

darthbane2k

macrumors 68000
Oct 22, 2009
I'm guessing there will be some incremental Siri improvement that will (very cautiously) leverage LLM AI chat functionality. Something that starts with sequential back-and-forth responses, that they'll build on later. Processing will continue to be done on-device. I think we might see some big improvements to transcription, for instance -- as competitors are rolling out on-device transcription engines that blow away the one iOS has now.

Siri is a huge gaping hole in iOS (and iPadOS and macOS) right now, and they're surely looking to at least start to close the gap. I'm hoping that means something new that's "Siri" in name only, and has entirely new machinery working underneath the hood.
That would be demoed at WWDC

Reactions: ignatius345

dubiousgif

macrumors regular
Aug 30, 2022
5) Apple won’t mention USB C, it will refer to the port as Thunderbolt and having ‘compatibility’ with USB C . Only Pros will have the full speed and high speed (braided) cable included
They can’t call the port Thunderbolt if it doesn’t meet the 40Gbps specs. I don’t think they’ll shy away from saying USB-C but if they do maybe they’ll call it an industry-standard port.

Last edited:

Davidnguyen_89

macrumors regular
Jul 9, 2021
a foldable iphone annouced for in the next 3-5 years. other than that speculation and rumours about iphone 15s will be 100 percent true due to reports from legit twitter media personal.

thatJohann

macrumors 68000
Jul 5, 2013
NYC
Didn’t everything already leak? Including all the colors for all the phones and the action button? I don’t expect anything else.

stocklen

macrumors 6502a
Sep 25, 2013
whats the point anymore?

Yes, I know this is a rumour site - but seems nowadays before any official announcement we know pretty much everything. Weve seen the phone, we know the specs.... it's very rare nowadays that Apple blindside us with something we weren't expecting.

10-15 years ago we had genuine surprises. Nowadays watching the keynote is just a confirmation.

Lioness~

macrumors 68040
Apr 26, 2017
Sweden
New products would be nice, surprise me.

I mean really surprise me. Like a WOW 😮

I can wait for the M3 MBA a bit, to the fall, if I have to.
But I want information, so boost me tonight with it Apple.

Boeingfan

macrumors 6502
Dec 16, 2019
Australia
whats the point anymore?

Yes, I know this is a rumour site - but seems nowadays before any official announcement we know pretty much everything. Weve seen the phone, we know the specs.... it's very rare nowadays that Apple blindside us with something we weren't expecting.

10-15 years ago we had genuine surprises. Nowadays watching the keynote is just a confirmation.
Yeah it spoils it doesn't it... It's like kids who sneak out to their XMAS presents the night before to work out what they are, then go to bed knowing what they're getting, killing the excitement.

Boeingfan

macrumors 6502
Dec 16, 2019
Australia
I'd like an iPhone that doesn't need me to say Hey Siri at all because she already knows what I'm about to ask and just gives me the answer.

JohnRckr

macrumors 6502
Jul 12, 2023
Reykjavik, Iceland
My prediction - it doesn't mean anything. We will get new apple watch, new iphones very similar to what has already leaked, no surprises, bunch of USB c accessories. Y'all predicting like Apple is supposed to come up with iphone 2.

Reactions: max2 and Boeingfan

Boeingfan

macrumors 6502
Dec 16, 2019
Australia
Maybe Apple will buy all of China and take the mothballed Concorde's out of storage and Tim Cook will run for president of the galaxy.

Reactions: solq

stocklen

macrumors 6502a
Sep 25, 2013
Yeah it spoils it doesn't it... It's like kids who sneak out to their XMAS presents the night before to work out what they are, then go to bed knowing what they're getting, killing the excitement.
yes.

Ironic for a someone like myself that frequents a rumour site just to get rumours.....

... but lately its not really rumour it often turns out to be fact... so the keynotes are no longer something I look forward to seeing as I know there is nothing that is going to surprise me in them.

Comes to something when weve already seen the phone, the box, the cable, the specs....

• Love
Reactions: Boeingfan

Populus

macrumors 603
Aug 24, 2012
Spain, Europe
There have been leaks of two new A15 Bionic devices. My not-so-hot take, is that among those devices we’ll have either the iPhone 14 gets a USB-C port, or a 14 mini with USB-C, or a completely new (maybe low cost?) device.

Boeingfan

macrumors 6502
Dec 16, 2019
Australia
yes.

Ironic for a someone like myself that frequents a rumour site just to get rumours.....

... but lately its not really rumour it often turns out to be fact... so the keynotes are no longer something I look forward to seeing as I know there is nothing that is going to surprise me in them.

Comes to something when weve already seen the phone, the box, the cable, the specs....
Indeed. A slight segue here but there are people who love to pee on your parade, be a wet blanket, burst your bubble, know everything before you do so you never have anything new to share. It's kind of the same feeling, yet I avoid those kinds of people, but buzz up with each iPhone launch. Maybe Apple can build a jail and throw all the rumour leakers in there for being recalcitrant 😁

fwmireault

macrumors 68020
Jul 4, 2019
Montréal, Canada
- Tim Cook announces iMessages on Windows

- Apple Car is unveiled with an end of the month release, available only outside of the US

- Apple replace USB-C and Lightning on all its devices with micro-USB

- The new U2 chip plays a song each time it is in close contact with another device

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.