Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
To folks who wants a split view, it will not happen on iPhone. Grow screen size to iPad mini then we can talk. Just tell me what kind of stuff can be done beyond quick skimming with that tiny little screen.

Reactions: Ludatyk

nintendoswitch

macrumors regular
Jul 7, 2021
What I am really hoping for, but will laughed at:

Some form of API or interoperability between iMessage and other platforms such as WhatsApp, Zoom, RingCentral, Google Meet, Teams, etc

It is but a pipe dream.

On a more serious note:
1) Ability to back up iPhone to different cloud providers. I do use iCloud, and it would be nice to be able to end-to-end encrypt to GDrive and OneDrive
2) The type of all handling available on Android; some type of call screening facility which is present on Pixel 6
3) Ability to move voice and FaceTime calls between devices on the same account, same WiFi connection
4) FaceTime: Customised "from" address per contact, in addition to the global setting
5) FaceTime: Ability to screen call before answering; similar to Google Duo
6) iMessage invites: Custom domain option
7) Disposable email addresses: Custom domain name option (instead of being locked to iCloud.com domain)
8) Option to pay by crypto in Wallet (don't know if this already exists)
9) Native dialler integration, as allowed within Android
10) Hardware token authentication with iCloud/AppleID (eg Yubi key) as a secondary or tri-factor authentication method
11) Ability to not have to leave OneDrive unlocked to allow iPhone "Files" app to access content
12) Guest mode for iPhone, as with Android (Lockdown Mode)
13) Camera takes photo when wrong face/password is entered
Those are all really great, especially 13. It would be nice to be able to know who tried unlocking your phone. Plus, if you have a cellular Apple Watch, it would notify you.

Ludatyk

macrumors 603
May 27, 2012
Texas
To folks who wants a split view, it will not happen on iPhone. Grow screen size to iPad mini then we can talk. Just tell me what kind of stuff can be done beyond quick skimming with that tiny little screen.
I highly doubt SplitView will happen, but I never thought PiP would make it’s way to the iPhone.

But I don’t have a horse in the race with iPhone features… I’m more interested in what Apple does for the iPad, which I have lost any hope in Apple bringing virtualization to iPadOS. What I’m curious with iPadOS is what’s next for SlideOver.

SlideOver was introduced in iOS 9… it was stagnated, couldn’t really multitask directly from SlideOver until iPadOS 13 . Then this year with iPadOS 15 we are able to dismiss SlideOver from the left or right screen (before it was only to the left). I’m hoping next Apple implement SlideOver as a standalone window without it being dependent on another full screen app.

Reactions: Shirasaki

CTHarrryH

macrumors 68030
Jul 4, 2012
I don't want to move the address bar from bottom to top as they tried in Safari for IOS 15 - I'd like to have the back and forth < > up top as it is on other apps such as News - some commonality.
I'd like to be able to move items in Settings so that the ones I use are near the top and not pages down.

Schtibbie

macrumors 6502
Jan 13, 2007
Have the photos on my phone automatically get added to a family icloud album and thus reflected on our main home computer (mac). Seriously, all our devices are organized into a family, with two parents each with an iphone controlling a couple of kid iphones and an ipad. Yet only my wife's photos go to the "main" icloud photos. The rest are silo'd unless I manually share EACH DAMN PHOTO to a shared album. Instead, I plug my phone into the Mac every few weeks and old-school upload the photos to Photos app and erase them from my phone. This process is broken.

TheColtr

macrumors 6502a
Feb 1, 2014
California
I would like to see windowing happen. I really don’t care how small the windows are, the 11 inch MacBook Air had windows, I want to have a windowed, resiziable apps on my iPad Pro.

I’d also like to have an actual desktop. Since iCloud syncs desktop and documents folders I want to have those desktop files on my iPad Home Screen.

I would also like to have a persistent menu bar for easier discoverability of actions that may be hidden in the app.

And no I don’t want macOS on the iPad. I want iPadOS to be a full desktop OS. I want to see the best of macOS brought over to the iPad, without all the legacy of macOS coming to the iPad.

gonsawa_

macrumors newbie
Nov 19, 2021
Media handoff. It’s incredible how Spotify has a better multi-device integration than Apple Music. The way how I can start listening to something on my iPad and change to the same exact song in the same exact minute in my iPhone, is what is keeping me away from returning to Apple Music.

macintoshmac

Suspended
May 13, 2010
I want an OS that is not a relic of the past.

In short, I want apps to be able to float atop each other should be wish, for example, I would love to have a floating calculator app I can use over my preferred notes app on the iPhone.

No reason the calculator must take the entire screen. It can very well run in 20% of it and it would be so much more usable. Of course, I want the sizes to be user-adjustable.

Reactions: Hitmanbbq59

biracialfamily91

macrumors 6502
Aug 24, 2015
Queens, NY
For iOS

1. Split view
2. Icon customization without the use of shortcuts
3. Ability to turn off App Library
4. Lock Screen customization
5. Either a guest mode or password lock on some apple applications (like photos, messages etc.) too many curious family members on my side of the family.

For IPadOS

1. Guest Mode
2. Ability to run a watered down version of Mac OS on the IPad
3. A true file system

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.