Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Samdh90

macrumors 6502a
Apr 26, 2021
iOS 15 is not terrible but what I think would be nice, would be to complete the WIP features of 15(icloud relay and such) but to "redo" a 12 release in the sense of focusing more on bugfixes and less on all of the flashy features. 15 has been a mess in terms of bugs since before the first public launch.

TinaBelcher

macrumors 65816
Jul 23, 2017
iPadOS
Home screen to act as a true desktop, with direct folders and files placed on it, not a "shortcut". Ability to move those freely with a "fit to grid" ability.

IOS
Speaking of grids, shrink those icons and fit 5 apps in each column. Fix that inactive dock. Notice how it doesn't shrink if you pull out an app? IT SHOULD!! Upgrade the email server so our notification badges update themselves and expand alias to 5. And let us have a week view in vertical view, and the ability to actually see the events in month view.

Now, unrealistically - I'd like the widgets to be interactive but since they cannot even make the dock expand and retract, I don't see it happen! And also add swipe keyboard for the remaining european countries.

Reactions: vintimus

Reeneman

macrumors 6502a
Nov 25, 2021
In general a visual overhaul.
I don’t want to see that full screen popup anymore when I add a song to the queue in the music app.

Furthermore I totally agree with:
Split view
Redesigned control center
Updated lock screen
Always on Display (if this will ever happen then exclusively on new releases phones)
New icons

TonyC28

macrumors 68030
Aug 15, 2009
USA
My hope would be that it doesn't exist until iOS 15 is cleaned up. I'm perfectly happy to get to iOS 15.99999999999999 if that means things are polished before the engineers are forced to come up with new stuff to justify a yearly update.

Reactions: Andi_Biggles

jr866gooner

macrumors 68020
Aug 24, 2013
Have the photos on my phone automatically get added to a family icloud album and thus reflected on our main home computer (mac). Seriously, all our devices are organized into a family, with two parents each with an iphone controlling a couple of kid iphones and an ipad. Yet only my wife's photos go to the "main" icloud photos. The rest are silo'd unless I manually share EACH DAMN PHOTO to a shared album. Instead, I plug my phone into the Mac every few weeks and old-school upload the photos to Photos app and erase them from my phone. This process is broken.

Well. Make it a toggle, there are I’m sure a lot of pictures that family members simply wouldn’t want to see!

JBinPDX

macrumors 6502
Oct 19, 2021
I want a mail app that works in iOS. I'm sick of:
- emails that can't be deleted until the app is force-closed.
- deleted emails that keep coming back to the inbox.
- emails being marked as "read" when they haven't been, so they don't appear in "unread"
- new emails taking forever to appear... i.e. endlessly checking for mail
- the app badge not matching the actual number of unread emails

Some of these problems have been going on for years. I know there are other mail apps I could use, but I don't think I should have to. I was perfectly happy with the native mail app until it started getting screwed up. And now it just seems to get worse and worse.

Reactions: Hitmanbbq59

Hitmanbbq59

macrumors member
Original poster
May 4, 2020
I want a mail app that works in iOS. I'm sick of:
- emails that can't be deleted until the app is force-closed.
- deleted emails that keep coming back to the inbox.
- emails being marked as "read" when they haven't been, so they don't appear in "unread"
- new emails taking forever to appear... i.e. endlessly checking for mail
- the app badge not matching the actual number of unread emails

Some of these problems have been going on for years. I know there are other mail apps I could use, but I don't think I should have to. I was perfectly happy with the native mail app until it started getting screwed up. And now it just seems to get worse and worse.
I just want Gmail to update immediately.

Reactions: JBinPDX

Ac1d 8urn

macrumors 6502
Nov 10, 2020
Wisconsin
  • On-device ringtone creation without garageband
  • Real themes, not stupid shortcuts
  • Accessibility option to switch the back-swipe to either side
  • Customizable lock screen(why do they force me to keep the camera shortcut when I can swipe to open the camera?!)
  • Interactive widgets
  • 5 column home screen & dock
  • Transparent dock
  • Undo all the godawful recent changes to the podcast app
  • Tap to top of screen to scroll to top, tap it again to go back to where you were

JustSomebody12

macrumors 6502
Mar 16, 2020
A few suggestions:

About Find My:

Please add location history, both for my devices and other people’s (other people should obviously be able to choose whether to share current and past location, or only the current one).

Add option to blur (make it approximative) one’s location based on the time and date, or other triggers (such as shortcuts);
maybe add the possibility to require one’s position to be precise, but let the device owner interrupt such a request (if the owner doesn’t act, it goes through).

About Messages:

Make it revert back to the conversations’ screen after the app has been in the background for some time:
if I launch it after a day it goes back to the chat I was in when I collapsed the app, which means both the chat gets marked as read, and the other person may have the messages marked as read.

Add “relay id” (such as the Hide My Email feature in iCloud), which could be useful for sharing your ID with colleagues, one-time acquaintances without sharing your number or main e-mail.

About iOS:

Make some operations (such as copying files, or sharing them) more background-friendly (I am not sure this is Apple’s fault, still they should enforce iOS to handle such actions with the screen off or the app in background).

Add user-added multiaccounts, or at least let us keep multiple copies of the same app with different data, and let us choose which app communicates with which apps (I don’t like my gmail app to handle both private and enterprise e-mails, and my YouTube app to detect both my private and enterprise accounts; this could be solved by Google, still Apple should let me keep YouTube, GMail, and all other Google Apps’ data apart).

Reactions: JarikD

Schtibbie

macrumors 6502
Jan 13, 2007
Well. Make it a toggle, there are I’m sure a lot of pictures that family members simply wouldn’t want to see!
Sure, a toggle for having it do this or not would be perfect. But the process as it currently works is completely broken for families intending to use their separate iphones as "contributors" to one photo album. Google solved this in their version. Apple could do similar.

Are people SO used to having all their photos from the last 15 year silo'd on their own little phone and a husband and wife having to remember which person's phone took a certain pic that one time on vacation a year ago and you have to search two devices for it? That's lame.

darkus

macrumors 6502
Nov 5, 2007
Bring back safari from iOS 14
Bring back perfect reception from iOS 14
Roll back the new constant phone overheat feature

Basically give me iOS 14 back and call it iOS 16

Pilot Jones

macrumors 6502a
Oct 2, 2020
Would love to be able to customize the two Lock Screen shortcuts.

What is the point of having two separate ways of opening the camera (bottom-right button or swiping right-to-left)? Also I don't use the flashlight nearly enough everyday for it to live as the bottom-left Lock Screen button and be the most easily accessible shortcut in my entire phone.

Phillyphil0302

macrumors regular
Jul 7, 2009
NYC
1) Ability to pair the Apple Watch to the iPad.
2) Ability to backup the iPhone by connecting to the iPad.
3) Ability to enter DFU mode using the iPad.
4) Ability to format external drives using the iPad.
Ain’t none of those happening in our life time ?? this is Apple we are talking about lol

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.