Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SmugMaverick

macrumors 6502a
Aug 31, 2017
UK
  1. Multi windows/split view to watch YouTube/twitch while on discord.
  2. Redesigned control centre
  3. AoD and complications on lock screen
  4. New icon designs, either matching mac or completely new JUST DO IT after 8 years.
  5. Interactive widgets, this is important for me and would actually be useful.
  6. Mail app needs an overhaul
  7. Allow me to pick what album is shown on Photos widget without using a 3rd party app.
  8. Matter integration with Nest products, needs google to update as well.
  9. Improve swiping on keyboard, it's garbage.
  10. Allow us to manually delete things on device but not iCloud like photos.

I think most of these are possible except maybe 1 and 10, while 3 will be saved for iPhone 14 no doubt.

WarmWinterHat

macrumors 68030
Feb 26, 2015
I just want the ability block unknown and blocked caller id callers. Not silence them, not send them to voicemail. Completely block them.

I've had an "unknown caller" calling me often for well over a year now. There is never anyone there if I answer.

Reactions: vintimus

wankey

macrumors 6502a
Aug 24, 2005
NO. NEW. FEATURES.

An entire release to fix 20 years worth of bugs and enhancements.

That's it. Same with MacOS.

No ****ing new features. No moving my mouse from my screen to my ipad that never comes out. No shareplay ******** I have already been able to do with Zoom seamlessly and effectively for 24 months already.

NO. NEW. FEATURES.

Just a massive massive massive bug fix and enhancing current features. A Snow Leopard release on steroids.

And then announcement of big LITTLE releases, big feature filled releases and little fixes.

Also the ability to seamlessly upgrade, like super smooth and you don't even notice that you've been upgraded.

MacCheetah3

macrumors 68020
Nov 14, 2003
Central MN
NO. NEW. FEATURES.

An entire release to fix 20 years worth of bugs and enhancements.

That's it. Same with MacOS.

No ****ing new features. No moving my mouse from my screen to my ipad that never comes out. No shareplay ******** I have already been able to do with Zoom seamlessly and effectively for 24 months already.

NO. NEW. FEATURES.
So much yes. I am still waiting for Apple to re-polish Smart Invert. I thought it was late iOS 13, but could have been the last versions of iOS 12… The feature worked exactly as one should expect. Certainly, there are other longstanding problems, though the Smart Invert bugs are the most often reminded for me.

Brink_01

macrumors newbie
Dec 19, 2021
- new filter in the photos app, so I can only see the pictures I took at the first screen. Not downloaded memes and screenshots.

- keyboard with good auto correction that doesn’t change the words while sending a message

- proper DND mode. There is no way to hide notifications completely. If you swipe up in the lock screen or notification center, it will show you notifications anyway.

Or
- Shortcuts that can turn off notifications for specific apps

Working touchscreen

TinaBelcher

macrumors 65816
Jul 23, 2017
iOS 16
- swipe keyboard to the rest of us that Apple doesn’t care for
- third grid view: 5x6
- redesigned email app and upgraded alias up to 5, and fix notification badge!
- notes app: ability to color text, highlighting with color, coloring tables and a divider
- new Lock Screen clock. Something more customizable; left, right, center etc.
- redesign control center to go with macOS

iPadOS 16
- desktop redesign; open the grid to freely move apps and widgets around
- add folders to the home screen instead of only through finder
- expand menu bar and make it interactive similar to macOS
- bring back tinted browser (goes to macOS as well)

Reactions: Hitmanbbq59

ph.rei

macrumors regular
Nov 23, 2021
Do you think the swipe from right to go back will ever be an option on IOS? Instead of the swipe from left.
Maybe IOS 16? Maybe 17? Maybe never? ?

Reactions: WhySoSerious

jr866gooner

macrumors 68020
Aug 24, 2013
Do you think the swipe from right to go back will ever be an option on IOS? Instead of the swipe from left.
Maybe IOS 16? Maybe 17? Maybe never?

I’d love this approach. Or make it an option to have either or both!

I think the pixel has swiping from both sides.

Reactions: WhySoSerious

JustSomebody12

macrumors 6502
Mar 16, 2020
More background support for sharing and for handling large files.

Multi-user support.

Merge notification Summaries with Focuses, they have the raison d'etre BUT have to be handled separately, e.g. ebable me to send all chats to the summary without setting a Focus and at the same time let my contacts override that and make my phone sound without being in a Summary.

Sydde

macrumors 68030
Aug 17, 2009
IOKWARDI
iPadOS 16
- desktop redesign; open the grid to freely move apps and widgets around
This, of course, should be an option, because it might confound some users. But it should also be available on iOS, because many users do want their quick-access apps close to where their hand is (at the bottom).

On iPad, I would extend the option to ungrid the layout, for those who can handle icons in non-matrix arrangement, along with an option to replace multiple screens with a single continuous icon space that can be scrolled smoothly, and perhaps zoomed out as well.

I would also like FaceTime to offer content exchange, so that I could send the other person a url, image or other file or receive one from them.

kaardowiq

macrumors 6502
Dec 20, 2018
Zürich, Switzerland
To folks who wants a split view, it will not happen on iPhone. Grow screen size to iPad mini then we can talk. Just tell me what kind of stuff can be done beyond quick skimming with that tiny little screen.
At least I can directly read An Wiki article while writing a summary in pages. I can faster get contact details with addresses from chat in calc (needed this today when asking everyone for their addresses for invitation cards). Let User have this feature like in iPadOS and decide themself.

Reactions: NoGood@Usernames

hajime

macrumors 604
Jul 23, 2007
Extended 4K screen mode for external display

Eject button for unmounting external drive

Having several windows on the screen at the same time

MacOS/Windows/Linux like file system

MiniApple

macrumors 6502
Sep 3, 2020
iPadOS 16
  • external monitor support (screen sizes, resolutions, refresh rate etc.), when connected (as much as technically possible)
  • desktop class web browser (including extensions)
iOS 16
  • App Library: option for default list view, instead of the sqaures

RobCoenen

macrumors member
Mar 11, 2016
Roggel, The Netherlands
Last week I saw an article (With WWDC Six Months Away, What Do You Want to See in iOS 16?) asking the community to express their expectations regarding iOS and iPadOS 16. One point I often see forgotten is the following:

I live in the Netherlands and my single biggest frustration point is the availability of products and services here. Some examples:

1. We do not have live text (recognizing text in pictures).
2. The translation app does not support the Dutch language.
3. We do not have support for adding ID cards in the Wallet app.
4. We still do not have access to the updated Apple Maps. If there is a country in the world where people cycle a lot it is the Netherlands but also our country lacks bicycle navigation.
5. Offline Siri. Besides the fact that Siri works ridiculously badly in the Dutch language, the offline Siri option is also not active in the Netherlands.
6. No support for notifications (rain, snow, hail, end of precipitation etc.) in the weather application.
7. No Apple Card.
8. No Apple Cash.
9. No Apple News (and News +).
10. No Apple Fitness+.
11. Limited bundles of Apple One.
12. No keyboard on the Apple Watch.
13. No Apple Watch Family Setup.
14. No HomePod or HomePod Mini.
15. No single sign-on on Apple TV.
16. No TV series in the iTunes Store.
17. No Scribble on the Apple Watch and iPad.
18. No speed limit in the Apple Maps app.

These are just a few examples. I am curious to know how the localization of services is done by community members outside America. I would love to hear about it.

(And besides these localization updates, I would just like to see an iOS update that focuses again on code cleanup and stability and performance. I've been an Apple user of various devices for many years but the software has noticeably deteriorated over the years)

BugeyeSTI

macrumors 604
Aug 19, 2017
Arizona/Illinois
Last week I saw an article (With WWDC Six Months Away, What Do You Want to See in iOS 16?) asking the community to express their expectations regarding iOS and iPadOS 16. One point I often see forgotten is the following:

I live in the Netherlands and my single biggest frustration point is the availability of products and services here. Some examples:

4. We still do not have access to the updated Apple Maps. If there is a country in the world where people cycle a lot it is the Netherlands but also our country lacks bicycle navigation.
5. Offline Siri. Besides the fact that Siri works ridiculously badly in the Dutch language, the offline Siri option is also not active in the Netherlands.
6. No support for notifications (rain, snow, hail, end of precipitation etc.) in the weather application.
7. No Apple Card.
8. No Apple Cash.
10. No Apple Fitness+.

These are just a few examples. I am curious to know how the localization of services is done by community members outside America. I would love to hear about it.

(And besides these localization updates, I would just like to see an iOS update that focuses again on code cleanup and stability and performance. I've been an Apple user of various devices for many years but the software has noticeably deteriorated over the years)
There is already a thread started on this very subject a few posts below yours

Reactions: RobCoenen

RobCoenen

macrumors member
Mar 11, 2016
Roggel, The Netherlands

7. No Apple Card.
8. No Apple Cash.
10. No Apple Fitness+.

ouimetnick

macrumors 68040
Aug 28, 2008
Beverly, Massachusetts
1) Ability to pair the Apple Watch to the iPad.
2) Ability to backup the iPhone by connecting to the iPad.
3) Ability to enter DFU mode using the iPad.
4) Ability to format external drives using the iPad.
You mean stuff that people use a computer™ for? I wish Apple would take advantage of the powerful hardware in iPad Pro, but I've given up. I just use my iPad for media consumption and a real computer for productivity.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.