Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

boston04and07

macrumors 68000
May 13, 2008
I posted this on the other thread, but my iOS wishes haven’t changed, so here they are again…

I want all the little things that are available on the iPhone but missing on the iPad/Mac to make their way to those platforms.
Specifically, the Weather app, Health and Fitness apps, Calculator app on iPad (!!), Wallet app.

I'd also like a real Phone app on the iPad and Mac for continuity calling, with an actual dialer, synced missed call/recent call longs, and access to voicemail via iCloud syncing or something like that. I work from home now and sit in front of my iMac and iPad all day and accept calls on those devices all the time, but not being able to listen to voicemails and not having a normal dialer is a huge pain. And having all that stuff awkwardly mixed into the FaceTime app isn't very intuitive, IMO.
I'd also love it if the Clock apps were in sync between devices (and had a Mac version). I bounce back and forth between my iMac, iPad, and iPhone all day long and way too often I start a timer or alarm on one device, only to move over to another device in the interim, and either miss the alarm or have to run to another room to stop it. It'd be nice if the alerts come through on all devices and could be dismissed from all devices too.
I'd like live streaming services to be integrated directly to the TV app. For example, I'd love it of all the live channels I get via Fubo were viewable/accessible directly via the TV app.
Finally I'd love it if we could see the battery levels of all iCloud connected devices in the battery widget of each device. So that I can check my iPhone's battery from my iPad, etc.

I'd also love it if all iCloud-connected devices show in the Now Playing tab in Control Center. So that if I'm playing something in my iPhone, I can see it/control it as a tile in the Now Playing widget on my iPad, iMac, etc just like it were an Apple TV or HomePod.

Canyda

macrumors 65816
Sep 7, 2020
A calorie counter like MyFitnessPal that was baked into the Health app. Apple is very good at "calories out" through exercise but has no built-in support for "calories in" and meal tracking.

Reactions: boston04and07

spiderman0616

Suspended
Aug 1, 2010
iPadOS 15 finally seems like it's starting to get multitasking/multiwindowing more fully fleshed out and useful. I had almost given up and am glad I didn't. Now what I'd like to see is full blown external monitor support for the devices that are capable of supporting it. I think it can be done, and I think it will be eventually.

DeepIn2U

macrumors G5
May 30, 2002
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
My wish is pretty basic.
1. I want Apple to fully deliver on iMessages in iCloud promised 7yrs ago!
- proper sync of sms & iMessage between all devices: macOS iOS iPadOS and WatchOS; delete on one deletes on ALL! Especially on WatchOS.

2. Safari:
whether on mobile data or Wi-Fi I want us all to have control whether all or specific tabs auto refresh or not. It’s VERY annoying to be in subway with ridiculously ad laden and slow Wi-Fi when communities to jump to an already loaded website that I wish to read through ONLY to find”we’ve experienced a problem try reloading thi page” or similar issue where the precstchedpre-cached page is now gone! No I only have a few light websites loaded in any tab or group, and I only use safari on iOS.
id rather these issues resolved before adding new features. The more apple ignores core basics and adds new features then the +more iPhone starts to act like, previous gen smartphones which original iPhone staff developers and engineers hated !

Reactions: TimFL1

fwmireault

macrumors 68020
Jul 4, 2019
Montréal, Canada
Something I'd find very handy would be a continuity-like feature for my Notification Center. Sometimes, I wipe off a specific notification on my iPhone, but it will remain in the Notification Center on my iPad and my Mac. It's annoying to have to see the same notification twice or trice a day because I own more than one apple product, especially when there are already too many of them in the Notification Center. I could turn off notifications from an app on other devices, but I like to be able to manage it from any device. It's definitely a minor inconvenience, but I think that this is the kind of feature that would be worth it in the apple ecosystem

boston04and07

macrumors 68000
May 13, 2008
Something I'd find very handy would be a continuity-like feature for my Notification Center. Sometimes, I wipe off a specific notification on my iPhone, but it will remain in the Notification Center on my iPad and my Mac. It's annoying to have to see the same notification twice or trice a day because I own more than one apple product, especially when there are already too many of them in the Notification Center. I could turn off notifications from an app on other devices, but I like to be able to manage it from any device. It's definitely a minor inconvenience, but I think that this is the kind of feature that would be worth it in the apple ecosystem
I love this and have been wanting something like it ever since the notification center became a thing.

CTHarrryH

macrumors 68030
Jul 4, 2012
I'd like the ability when I take a photo to tell it not to show on other devices or up to iCloud. I may take a picture for instance of where I have parked car in airport garage so I remember when I return in a few days. Also take a picture of something I need to get at store (size, brand, flavor, etc) which don't need elsewhere and will delete in a short while anyway

contacos

macrumors 603
Nov 11, 2020
Mexico City living in Berlin
I want to be able to actually share my Focus status. There is a difference between "sleeping" or "working" for example. One may take 8+ hours to receive a reply while the other one may only lead to a delay in responding (opt-in of course, just like you can disable sharing completely already).

Self destructing photos on iMessage just like on WhatsApp, SnapChat or anywhere else really. I get send a lot of crap that I only need to look at once. I don't need it to be saved in iCloud Messages forever

Reactions: Sydde and TimFL1

LFC2020

macrumors P6
Apr 4, 2020
Option to hide home bar.

Option to change lock screen shortcuts.

Theme store.

Interactive widgets.

More apple apps widgets, we have a useless Game Center widget, yet no phone or messages widget. ?‍♂️

Sydde

macrumors 68030
Aug 17, 2009
IOKWARDI
One thing I would really like, especially from Mail, is selective notification behavior. I had to turn off banners because they became too much of a nuisance, but it might be nice to have banners for mail from specific senders.

Reactions: DaPizzaMan

Populus

macrumors 603
Aug 24, 2012
Spain, Europe
It would be cool if we were able to make a screen-recording of just an area of the screen, at least on iPad. When you’re on split screen, being able to screen-record just one of those apps, while working on the other, could be really convenient in certain works.

Also, having a toggle in settings to select the quality of the recording.

But, to be honest, I don’t have too much else in my mind to add to iOS. I think the system is pretty round and it only needs minor tweaks, stability improvements, and security shielding.

On the iPad platform, however, there’s a lot of work if you want to make the experience less “mobile-like”

Abazigal

Contributor
Jul 18, 2011
Singapore
At this point, it’s less of what I want from iOS, and more of what I want from iPad app developers. More specifically - more parity between iPad apps and their desktop / browser equivalents. For example, comparable functionality in the Google drive apps similar to the browser version. A less gimped zoom UI. But I don’t know how much of these are due to iOS limitations, and how much from the developer simply not caring enough.

scubastef

macrumors newbie
Mar 7, 2022
New York, NY
I don’t think Apple will ever give guest account or different user accounts. If you thinking that the iPad is going to be used in businesses with different user accounts or for say IT guys with different user account. Apple would have given you this feature long time ago.

The iPad is used mostly in schools, education, home use and artists than offices and companies with different user accounts.

There is a way to set up enterprise profiles that support multiple accounts, but the average consumer can't do that. Agree it'll never happen either. Why let a family four share two iPads, when you can set it up so that each iPad can only support one person.

alphasports

macrumors regular
Dec 12, 2019
Make the damned audio app one-handable...the moron who put the "back" arrow in the top left corner is only surpassed by the morons who approved it. Fine if you're using an iphone 4 or 5, but contorting your whole hand so your thumb can tag the back arrow without dropping the device is a huge PITA.

Then again the entire OS has become a hot mess so I'll leave now.

Reactions: Spiritualized

MacAlien

macrumors 6502a
Oct 17, 2012
Boston
Only thing I care about is Apple not stalling on supporting Accessibility for hearing impaired and the visually impaired. They made that pledge then pushed like, one update and then that was that. Nothing since. Would love to see Apple adopt ASHA protocols or their own to support two hearing devices in the hearing device menu since currently only one hearing device or intermediary can be connected at a time. Especially when/if OTC hits as well mfi hearing devices currently available. That and BT 5.2 already but that (I think) is a little more hardware side than software.

Sydde

macrumors 68030
Aug 17, 2009
IOKWARDI
Option to prevent Safari from going back to top of page when you go back a page. It’s killing me. But no way will I use Chrome.
I use iCab (on my iPad), and it does not do that. The other good thing it has is the permanent scrollbar, which will jump you to any point in the page with just a touch (none of that oops, I touched the top of the screen and now I have to scroll all the way back to where I was). I do not use an iPhone, so, no idea how it works on there.

DaPizzaMan

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2016
The notification center is probably the worst part of the OS for me. There's so much potential, but Apple just refuses to deliver.

Reactions: LFC2020

CTHarrryH

macrumors 68030
Jul 4, 2012
I'd like to have the ability when I take a photo to mark it to stay only on this device. I take a picture of a parking spot when I go away on a trip and want to remember it is floor 2 spot B14. Also would use when I take a picture to remember to get the right product at a store to replace what is almost empty

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.