Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AsherN

macrumors 6502a
May 11, 2016
Canada
A configurable no-focus focus. Or the ability to assign pages exclusively to a defined focus.

I have 3 focus settings:
DND: any page but suppressing alerts except from few select contacts. On from 2300 to 0700.
Work: A specific home page and select other pages. On M-F 0830-2700
Synagogue: On when I'm at synagogue. Suppress alerts, and has a specific home page.

What I would love is a fucus that comes on whenever another one is not active. I don't nned to see my work page(s) when not at work.

Taz Mangus

macrumors 604
Mar 10, 2011
It is time for Apple to restructure Settings. It is getting too crowded, cumbersome and confusing to find anything in Settings even with the search capability. Personally, I would like to see Apple adopt the settings in the app itself in the form of a flips side of the app.

Reactions: dmrowley

dblissmn

macrumors 6502
Apr 30, 2002
My wish list? Material Design. Notifications that work. AI that works. Easier access to service menus. Ooops....I've just about asked for Android there, everything bar the chaos of the Play Store and having to give up the convenience of shared apps and integrated cloud support between Mac and phone.

And a question. Do we get meaningfully better privacy in return for effectively deprecating AI on iPhone? I hope that's a question people are thinking about. It would be a particularly bitter joke if we were not.

Right now, two months into my first ever ownership of an iPhone, the business case for iPhone feels to me like the hardware, not the software. I suppose given Apple's background that's to be expected but they really have some catching up to do on user experience.

TheGeneralist

macrumors regular
May 1, 2020
I can bring it down to 3 absolute top priorities:
  • Stability
  • Stability
  • and more...Stability
Seriously, missing nothing at all on the feature side. But the omnipresent bugs, flaws, glitches and failures really degrade the experience. Make those great features which already exist really work and shine, thats all I need! Guess that will need at least a complete year of hard work to accomplish, but it'll be worth it - the Apple platform which is currently sinking down rapidly towards Android and Windows reliability levels would be so much better in all the really important aspects again!

Reactions: lia1tan and Itinj24

Crosshatch

macrumors newbie
Mar 26, 2021
Opening one notification from an app wont clear all the notifications

EX- If i have 5 Youtube notifications and open one of them it clears all of them

This is annoying when i'm watching videos in landscape and i have to keep going to my subscription box to watch another video

Reactions: lia1tan

TimFL1

macrumors 68000
Jul 6, 2017
Germany
Opening one notification from an app wont clear all the notifications

EX- If i have 5 Youtube notifications and open one of them it clears all of them

This is annoying when i'm watching videos in landscape and i have to keep going to my subscription box to watch another video
That‘s actually up to the developer to configure / implement. Most clear and reset app notifications / badges because AFAIK Apple recommends doing that.

ediks

macrumors 6502
Nov 17, 2015
bring back the 6x5 layout from iPadOS 14 on iPads when in portrait mode, why waste the space? also the option to keep the widgets on the side panel

ediks

macrumors 6502
Nov 17, 2015
ALWAYS ON DISPLAY

Do you think they could enable this for the iPhone 13 pro too?

I would be willing to take the hit to battery life by using 10hz, over a 1hz iPhone 14 pro.
they could, but they 99% wont and it will be a 14 Pro exclusive, i dont like that

Tozovac

macrumors 68040
Jun 12, 2014
The eradication of text-only “buttons.” No more fingertip covering the tiny text “button” for increased tappable area for assurance of activation upon first tap, and to be able to see the button change color upon touch to give user confidence. Hate having to tap 2-3x to get the action.

No more blurring the screen when pulling down the control panel to adjust screen brightness. Makes no sense to have to toggle the control panel back & forth to confirm the desired brightness setting.

The ability to make safari navigation controls viewable at all times. Hate having to tap or swipe every few seconds to gain access to that constantly-used tool.

Increased reversing away from use of low contrast font on white/bright backgrounds.

Less all-white stark interfaces/apps.

Less flat design; more using slight borders/shadows for pop-up menus to fix the issue of: the pop-up menu’s background blending into the background when both have the same fill color. This is especially bad in dark mode at times.

A little more thought/creativity put into interface elements would be welcome…. Would be great to have Apple device screens return to that unique “nobody else does it as good as we do” Apple appearance instead of the Google/Android/Microsoft me-too flat design low-contrast aesthetic.

Last edited:

boston04and07

macrumors 68000
May 13, 2008
I want all the little things that are available on the iPhone but missing on the iPad/Mac to make their way to those platforms.

Specifically, the Weather app, Health and Fitness apps, Calculator app on iPad (!!), Wallet app.

I'd also like a real Phone app on the iPad and Mac for continuity calling, with an actual dialer, synced missed call/recent call longs, and access to voicemail via iCloud syncing or something like that. I work from home now and sit in front of my iMac and iPad all day and accept calls on those devices all the time, but not being able to listen to voicemails and not having a normal dialer is a huge pain. And having all that stuff awkwardly mixed into the FaceTime app isn't very intuitive, IMO.

I'd also love it if the Clock apps were in sync between devices (and had a Mac version). I bounce back and forth between my iMac, iPad, and iPhone all day long and way too often I start a timer or alarm on one device, only to move over to another device in the interim, and either miss the alarm or have to run to another room to stop it. It'd be nice if the alerts come through on all devices and could be dismissed from all devices too.

I'd like live streaming services to be integrated directly to the TV app. For example, I'd love it of all the live channels I get via Fubo were viewable/accessible directly via the TV app.

Finally I'd love it if we could see the battery levels of all iCloud connected devices in the battery widget of each device. So that I can check my iPhone's battery from my iPad, etc.

Edit: I forgot I'd also love it if all iCloud-connected devices show in the Now Playing tab in Control Center. So that if I'm playing something in my iPhone, I can see it/control it as a tile in the Now Playing widget on my iPad, iMac, etc just like it were an Apple TV or HomePod.

nfl46

macrumors G3
Oct 5, 2008
Haptic feedback from the keyboard. I just found out Gboard has an option to enable this, so I completely switched over to it. This was such a relief!

now i see it

macrumors G4
Jan 2, 2002
I have an iPhone 7 that I only use as a clock and it was running iOS 14 just fine.
My main iPhone is running on and staying on iOS 14 too.
I decided to install iOS 15.3 on the 7 because it doesn’t really matter what happens to this phone and I wanted to see if it was worthwhile.

Verdict- iOS 15 is like malware. Such a bad downgrade.
Battery status is all messed up and erratic. I can watch the percentage drop every second.
Brightness can’t decide where it’s set,
Phone takes forever to shut down (40 seconds).
Phone takes way too long to boot up now.
Phone UI feels clunkier,

Disgusted with it, I stopped playing with it.
There’s NOTHING better about it than iOS 14 - it’s only worse.

Glad I test installed it on my clock phone. Sure as heck ain’t going to install it on my main phone.

• Sad
Reactions: Shirasaki

-Ryan-

macrumors 68000
Jan 28, 2009
I’d like to see much better implementation of landscape mode on iPhone. The Pro Max models are in a great place with screen resolution to use apps landscape, but Apple essentially abandoned the orientation a few years back. I’d like to see the return of the landscape Home Screen, which would hopefully motivate more developers to support landscape in their apps.

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
Can Apple even bother about using Handoff feature on their iPadOS with Mac? I don’t want to repeat how dumb that handoff icon behaves.

But given Apple’s track record, the chance they fix that is next to zero.

wa2be

macrumors member
Aug 30, 2016
I'd like to see new design language system wide. I recently pulled out my old iPhone 5S which is running iOS 12.5. I was shocked to see how similar it looks to iOS 15, it's virtually identical for most things. It would be nice to see something that looks more modern now, even though the current design language is perfectly usable and functional.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.