Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

masteroflondon

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2007
London, UK
I just wanted to say, I feel for you. It's tough letting go of a faithful companion after a lot of years of tail-wagging and unconditional acceptance and love. I've been there. It's never easy, but the most loving gift you can give her is to let her go when it's time. She's done her job... and done it well. Now, it's your turn...
Peace be with you, cliff.

Well said. I'd also like to offer my sympathies and best wishes for you both.

NeGRit0

macrumors 6502a
Apr 19, 2008
Las Vegas, Nv
This is a shot I've been eying up every morning during my commute for about 2 months now. Every day I pass this point, look out the window and go "damn, that would make a great picture'

So this morning I grabbed my camera bag, got off my bus 2 stops earlier then ussual and finally grabbed it.

Quite a lovely shot, was there any post processing?

Doylem

macrumors 68040
Dec 30, 2006
Wherever I hang my hat...
cockermouthhouses.jpg

Paulimac24

macrumors member
Nov 6, 2007
Fantastic shot Fett

Fett's last shot, I don't know how to put the thumbnail in.

Beautiful, simply beautiful :)

JayRob

macrumors member
Went out to catch the moon rise tonight. All of a sudden it was there...

I started off shooting manual, at ISO 100 F8 1/40, but with the color of the moon, and the haze i guess there just was not quite enough light for that.

Anyway it was very red until it was well up in the sky.

Questions: When using a tripod should one use the lens VR or IS?
In low light situations when focusing manually, is here a trick to insure the focus?,

With my lens one focuses past infinity, which is not a good thing, especiall when added to my need for progressive eyeglasses,

F5/6 1/25 ISO 100 200 mm 4f-5.6f vr off, tripod

Click on the thumb to get a more accurate color rendtion, as the thumbnail is pretty dull.

Try using a higher ISO about 800, also a longer exposure would probably give you better results for low light conditions. As for VR or IS lens it probably doesn't matter, they pretty much give you the same results.

mac88

macrumors 6502
Aug 7, 2008
Boston, MA.
^^That's a nice picture (Love what the black & white contrast does for the mood). Did you know that man or was that a random shot?

mac88

macrumors 6502
Aug 7, 2008
Boston, MA.
I know probably absolutely nothing about photography, but, I like it (it struck something in me when I saw it) and that's a quality shot. Keep them coming.

RHVC59

macrumors 6502
May 10, 2008
Eugene, Oregon
Try using a higher ISO about 800, also a longer exposure would probably give you better results for low light conditions. As for VR or IS lens it probably doesn't matter, they pretty much give you the same results.

Thanks I will try it next month if the weather cooperates.

Actually I was wondering if one should us it on a tripod

wgr73

macrumors 6502a
Oct 31, 2005
New Mexico
First picture post here at MR....please C&C. I just started like 2-3 days ago. Thanks!

Tonight in the rain...
3430270629_7d5bcf8a3e.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.