Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

abijnk

macrumors 68040
Oct 15, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
SIU Salukis vs. MSU (We, the Salukis, lost...)
MSU tries for a bunt.

Attachments

• Salukis.jpg
    Salukis.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 126

darkeyes41

macrumors newbie
Feb 10, 2009
Still need help.

ok so someone recently explained how to attach an image and make it larger on the thread. but i tried to do it and my picture showed up as a small blue question mark. i have my pictures posted on facebook so i clicked the yellow button with a mountain and a sun on it like i was told and copy and pasted the URL and it still didnt show up. im probably doing something wrong again but if anyone can help me out i'd really appreciate it. i'd like for the pictures to be large so i can see the detail better. thanks!

Atomicfission92

macrumors regular
Jan 18, 2009
Just moved up from a P&S to a Panasonic DMC-G1 "dslr" although I'm not sure if you can really call it that cause its not a real SLR at all. So far so good, gotta pick up some filters and a tele lens and I should be set. Here's a pic from my quick run down the beach earlier today.

p1020297r.jpg

wheelhot

macrumors 68020
Nov 23, 2007
ok so someone recently explained how to attach an image and make it larger on the thread. but i tried to do it and my picture showed up as a small blue question mark. i have my pictures posted on facebook so i clicked the yellow button with a mountain and a sun on it like i was told and copy and pasted the URL and it still didnt show up. im probably doing something wrong again but if anyone can help me out i'd really appreciate it. i'd like for the pictures to be large so i can see the detail better. thanks!
Ah, well I'm not sure how FB did it, but you can't link it that way, it will give a broken picture, same thing happen when I try to take a photo from my blog :(

pdxflint

macrumors 68020
Aug 25, 2006
Oregon coast
...why did the dog cross the creek?

So she could run back across the bridge, and do it again...;) One of my Baja mutts (G. Knight) found the water of Schooner Creek to her liking as she adjusted to life in 'el norté.' This is another addition to the point 'n shoot collection. Canon A95.

IMG_4026.JPG

Model: Canon PowerShot A95
ISO: 100
Exposure: 1/400 sec
Aperture: 2.8
Focal Length: 7.8mm

Cliff3

macrumors 68000
Nov 2, 2007
SF Bay Area
Another from Saturday's autoX (his time didn't count in the standings, but this thing was probably the fastest vehicle out there)

_DSC1235.jpg

gkarris

macrumors G3
Dec 31, 2004
"No escape from Reality...”
Trapped ocean water after a high tide subsided at Taft beach, Taft (Lincoln City,) Oregon. More samples from the Panasonic Lumix LZ8 point 'n shoot. This little camera does have aperture-preferred, shutter-preferred and manual modes, along with all the usual digital wizardry scene modes (which I never use...:) ) It'll never replace my dSLR, but I can't complain too much - I only paid a C-note for it...

P1010995.JPG

Camera: Panasonic
Model: DMC-LZ8
ISO: 200
Exposure: 1/125 sec
Aperture: 4.0
Focal Length: 5.2mm

So she could run back across the bridge, and do it again...;) One of my Baja mutts (G. Knight) found the water of Schooner Creek to her liking as she adjusted to life in 'el norté.' This is another addition to the point 'n shoot collection. Canon A95.

IMG_4026.JPG

Model: Canon PowerShot A95
ISO: 100
Exposure: 1/400 sec
Aperture: 2.8
Focal Length: 7.8mm

(aaaaaw....) :)

You, sir, are proof positive (hee, hee, pun) of my argument that it's a lot talent, not just "buying high-end equipment"...

Keep sharing!

Phrasikleia

macrumors 601
Feb 24, 2008
Over there------->

The images can't be hosted on FB unless your FB page is completely public. Have the images hosted elsewhere, like on Flickr or Photobucket or something.

Wiredrawn

macrumors regular
Feb 27, 2008

With this photograph, I can't help but feel that although you have a good DOF, it would have been much better to have the head of the flower in focus, as opposed to just behind it. Currently, my eye is distracted between what my brain thinks should be the subject of the photo (the flower head) and what actually is in focus.

Great colours though. :)

jamesarm97

macrumors 65816
Sep 29, 2006
Close-up of Wasps

I really like this photo, the green 'food' or what ever they have looks cool.

- James

Attachments

• Wasps_1.jpg
    Wasps_1.jpg
    763.4 KB · Views: 187

jamesarm97

macrumors 65816
Sep 29, 2006
Here are a few others I took that I liked. The rose was actually pretty small, about 1" across.

- James

Attachments

• Snake.jpg
    Snake.jpg
    822.4 KB · Views: 121
  • Flower.jpg
    Flower.jpg
    876 KB · Views: 92

NeGRit0

macrumors 6502a
Apr 19, 2008
Las Vegas, Nv

Ah, well I'm not sure how FB did it, but you can't link it that way, it will give a broken picture, same thing happen when I try to take a photo from my blog :(

It should work that way as well, just make sure what you are pasting is actually a photo file... (i.e. it ends in .jpg or .jpeg or whatever file format your pic is)

otter

macrumors 6502
Jul 18, 2006
Darwin, NT
I haven't been here for a while but I guess I'll see about posting a few images again.

Victor Steinbrueck Park
Downtown Seattle

3090421419_041549c616_o.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.