Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

solaris

macrumors 6502a
Apr 19, 2004
Oslo, Norway
43996479.jpg

gkarris

macrumors G3
Dec 31, 2004
"No escape from Reality...”

I don't wish to be rude, but surely this is not properly focused. I have noticed this with some of the other photos you've posted. Is there an issue with your camera?

Hey, we are just trying to help here. Nothing personal - it is a nice shot.

If that's taken with your Canon, looks to me like CA - what lens did you use? Maybe get it checked or try another one?

3pfilms

macrumors newbie
Jul 15, 2009
First Pic posted for me

attachment.php

how do I get rid of the thumbnail?

Attachments

• 1b.jpg
    1b.jpg
    496.1 KB · Views: 610

MattSepeta

macrumors 65816
Jul 9, 2009
375th St. Y
ahhhh

I LOVE IT

Squirrels weird me out though. Did you blindly shoot this? I want Liveview feature for shots like this, I am sick of getting my clothes ruined by laying down in the street or wherever to get the shot.

This is from my friends band Cwn Annwn playing at the Cabooze in Minneapolis the other night.

3724500612_f218cd361b.jpg

liljohnny51

macrumors regular
Mar 11, 2009
I LOVE IT

Squirrels weird me out though. Did you blindly shoot this? I want Liveview feature for shots like this, I am sick of getting my clothes ruined by laying down in the street or wherever to get the shot.

yeah, i did blindly shoot that. i was wearing a white polo and there was no way i was laying down on the ground to get the picture. i think it turned out, pretty good for getting lucky on it! lol

Steamie

macrumors 6502
Dec 27, 2006
Scotland
"This Morning At The Loch"

Maxxamillian - I don't know if that's a real bride or a model , either way it's a lovely shot.

Maxxamillian

macrumors 6502
Nov 16, 2004
Utah
"This Morning At The Loch"

Maxxamillian - I don't know if that's a real bride or a model , either way it's a lovely shot.

She is getting married on the 30th of this month to some very lucky fellow....she refused to run away with me :(

;)

Excellent composition and use of color in your shot....I am undecided on the single rock in the foreground. Add more? Take it out? Leave it? Whatever you decide dont you dare touch the rest of the photo....

Doylem

macrumors 68040
Dec 30, 2006
Wherever I hang my hat...
As a newbie to digital photography, I am getting very frustrated at not being able to take shots as good as these and I have spent £1500 on equipment. :(

Well done to you all, your fantastic.

Ah... spending "£1,500 on equipment" is just the start of the journey... not the destination...

I bought a guitar... but that doesn't make me Eric Clapton...

It's all about practise, learning, trial and error, improving your skills and 'eye for a picture' in small increments. Have fun with your camera... ;)

compuwar

macrumors 601
Oct 5, 2006
Northern/Central VA
Years ago at another site there was a woman who always left a disclaimer on her images "intentional blur". This was something that I've always laughed at as I never understood why someone would blur their image intentionally. Perhaps that is my lack of knowledge of photography. :cool:

Defocus lenses? Pantyhose over the front of the lens for portraits? Gaussian blur filters? Someone would intentionally blur their images because women are finicky about how their skin looks in a photograph, and if they're over about 18, it almost always needs a bit of blur. :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.