Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PeteB

macrumors 6502a
Jan 14, 2008
A grid girl.
(Mallory Park, UK)

1d0_20090719__PER9975.jpg

It was my first time shooting bikes and the first time I've had a press pass (even then, I had to blag my way onto the starting grid).

More from the weekend here

British Super Bikes

LittleCanonKid

macrumors 6502
Oct 22, 2008
Silhouettes

IMG42962_convert_resized.jpg

Clickable! (Sorry if you're getting tired of these, I won't post too many more!)
I certainly don't mind--I'm sure all of us are enjoying them thoroughly. I may or may not be doing portraits in the somewhat distant future as well, so having some great examples is a big help. :)

wheelhot

macrumors 68020
Nov 23, 2007
Hmm, as usual, I rarely post here, but here is one of my latest work.

3741063138_5a93521b33_b.jpg

Well, I this is the 2nd photoshoot session I had with the model in the photo and this time I felt much more comfortable working with her (not to mention how much I hated my work on the first photoshoot session).

My friend told me that it look overexposed too much, but I checked the highlight thing and it's not overexposed.

mcavjame

macrumors 65816
Mar 10, 2008
phased to this universe
Hmm, as usual, I rarely post here, but here is one of my latest work.
Nothing like endearing yourself to a group.;)
3741063138_5a93521b33_b.jpg
My friend told me that it look overexposed too much, but I checked the highlight thing and it's not overexposed.

It's not that the model is overexposed, it's that the intensity of the background is the same as the model. You need to create more contrast to make the model your focus. Right now, the only contrast is the depth of field. I quite like the quality of light falling on the model, it's just too bad the building is almost exactly the tone of her skin.
BTW - the "highlight thing" is called the histogram.:)
Here's mine for the day :) C&C appreciated

Although you may not notice at first, because of the heavy right side weight, the flower of focus is dead center. Try a re-crop with that flower at the lower right thirds mark.

AlexH

macrumors 68020
Mar 7, 2006
Floral Crown

I'm not sure what these little flowers are. If anyone knows, post!

Maxxamillian

macrumors 6502
Nov 16, 2004
Utah
Talking of light, I love the subtleties in this shot: the many 'shades' of white, the flare and the highlighting around the face and shoulder... and the detail in the face which stops it from becoming a backlit silhouette...

Your portraits have been beautiful. I am really liking the last 3 or 4 you have posted.

Thanks both for the comments :D Having a good bit of fun with this recent session. Now if I can just find the time to go back and wrap up some older shoots? :(

ipodtoucher

macrumors 68000
Sep 13, 2007
Cedar Park, TX
Although you may not notice at first, because of the heavy right side weight, the flower of focus is dead center. Try a re-crop with that flower at the lower right thirds mark.

Haha yeah I noticed, it sort of adds a strain to the image, making the viewer use their brain :p At least that's what a punk artist would say hahahaha But thanks for the C&C

Sir SpemzR

macrumors 6502
Jun 9, 2009
Inland Empire
i think we should ban Doylem from this thread...his pictures are all perfect, makes everyone elses look boring lol....

im jk Doylen...take it as a compliment :D

AlexH

macrumors 68020
Mar 7, 2006
i think we should ban Doylem from this thread...his pictures are all perfect, makes everyone elses look boring lol....

im jk Doylen...take it as a compliment :D
He certainly keeps me working a bit harder on my photography. :cool:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.