Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mollyc

macrumors G3
Aug 18, 2016
178/365 | Complementary

FB_June_27_2018_001.jpg

someoldguy

macrumors 68030
Aug 2, 2009
usa
cheers guys! much emotions

knee is actually strained. I realized that when I fell, my knee took all my weight while the joint took a different direction of the intended bio-design. Rest of extremities are ok, I will however be at 50% agility today, so I will just plant myself over two cameras. The other two by video support I was bringing anyway.

Just watch yourself .... all the damage you do to yourself when you're young returns to haunt you when you get older .(just personal experience , hopefully YMMV)

Reactions: needfx

needfx

Suspended
Aug 10, 2010
macrumors apparently
Sone light reading for you!
http://thephotosociety.org/reality-check/

Hope the knee heals up. My joints are terrible if I land in them from even a moderate height these days.

I've been lucky and only slipped on some wet rocks down by the river once. I landed on one elbow as I held the camera up in the air to protect it.
Your accident was much more serious and I hope you recover your body (and your pride) quickly.

Cheers :)

Hugh

Just watch yourself .... all the damage you do to yourself when you're young returns to haunt you when you get older .(just personal experience , hopefully YMMV)

Knee fortunately got better during the day, I was able to perform in terms of agility!

Cheers to all our aching joints!
//////////////

Real or Fake photo?

https://www.flickr.com/photos/needfx/

mollyc

macrumors G3
Aug 18, 2016
Knee fortunately got better during the day, I was able to perform in terms of agility!

//////////////

Real or Fake photo?

Based on the scale of the building I’m going to say fake.

3:16

macrumors regular
Mar 18, 2018
I must ask, where are these pictures taken? I would love to possibly drive this road. Thanks.
It’s sonmarg leg road (India) high city in the Himalayas. Leh region is in northern India’s Jammu and Kashmir state. It’s 11,500 ft above sea level.

Reactions: inkmich

someoldguy

macrumors 68030
Aug 2, 2009
usa

//////////////

Real or Fake photo?

Real , if it's fake , you , or whoever is responsible , did a nice job on the shadows on the left wall.

akash.nu

macrumors G4
May 26, 2016
You two think it's better? I'm not very good at judging my own stuff ;)

Here's one from the other day - I had only my trusty RX100 tossed in the topbox of my bike...

Phone Mast and Moon
by Hugh Russell, on Flickr

Hugh

I am not too sure if its "better" but definitely an awesome shot. I like the singularity of your submission. Really cool.

Ps. Is that the Moon or Mars? o_O

Hughmac

macrumors 603
Feb 4, 2012
Kent, UK
I am not too sure if its "better" but definitely an awesome shot. I like the singularity of your submission. Really cool.

Ps. Is that the Moon or Mars? o_O
Thank you, just a happy accident - the smaller candle above was what I planned originally.

Yes, it's the moon ;)

Hugh

mollyc

macrumors G3
Aug 18, 2016
After taking a load of shots I decided to submit the vaping smoke photo as I felt it was the better one, even though I first did it as an accident ;)

Hugh

I love the candle one. I had an idea for something similar but never had a chance to execute so sat out the challenge.

Reactions: akash.nu
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.