Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bennieboy©

macrumors 65816
Jan 15, 2009
england
human emotion + insight

just taken this, not in the best mood,
built in iSight cam, sorry for the grain, taken by me, of me, edited in photoshop by me,

Photo3-1.png

pdxflint

macrumors 68020
Aug 25, 2006
Oregon coast
On a similar tack, I had an email this morning from a magazine editor, wanting to use one of my pix "for a credit". I said fine... as long as she'd come round to my place and wash my car for free, while I tell the neighbours what a good job she did...

It's bad enough having pix 'stolen'; no point just giving them away. :eek:

Having thought about it for a while, I've decided to go into business with a friend of mine, offering photography weekends here in the lake district... tuition 'with a twist'. Kinda 'zen photography: about slowing down, giving 100% attention to what's 'out there', getting into 'the zone'. Y'know, all the stuff I bang on about here on this forum... :p

Well, I'm looking for a name for the business, that doesn't involve my name or the 'usual suspects', like photo, light, image, etc. I'm sure there's one word out there that will kinda sum up what I'm offering, but so far it's escaped me. The best I've come up with so far is 'Still...'. Any ideas would be welcome. I'm looking for that 'light bulb' moment... when I know that's it...

Just giving it a crack for some suggestions... in a single word: lambency, luminosity, spectrum, illume, illumine. Now, if you use one, I reserve the right to show up on your doorstep and follow you around when you least expect it. But... I'll be 'still,' I promise. ;)

RHVC59

macrumors 6502
May 10, 2008
Eugene, Oregon
Just giving it a crack for some suggestions... in a single word: lambency, luminosity, spectrum, illume, illumine. Now, if you use one, I reserve the right to show up on your doorstep and follow you around when you least expect it. But... I'll be 'still,' I promise. ;)

I would love to tag a long as well... The taxi fair is a bit steep for me from home... but what the heck here are a few from me.
:)
Patience, Persistence, Quite, Diligence, Observant, Timing

CanadIan

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2009
The word I would use is Composed as it speaks both to the way something is layed out, and to a state of mind(calm and composed).
Useing a google search(hardly a scientific test) I don't find anyone useing "Composed Captures", and it looks like composedcaptures.com is not in use at the moment

A possible slogan: The essence of time well spent.
I think that just describes your approach to a photo as the end result of the time taken to achieve it.(I hope I am correct there)

gkarris

macrumors G3
Dec 31, 2004
"No escape from Reality...”
Time For Me To Fly...

That's what I call this one...

I like the reflection of the Flight Center and Tower and the windsock in the background (wind's essentially right down the runway :D)...

Went out to learn this old Sigma lens more, guess it's a keeper...

Canon 20D, Sigma 75-300 (Nikon-F Mount) @ 300 (480 equiv), f5.6, 1/3200, ISO100, Fotodiox Nikon-F to EOS Adapter

fc21062a2ec240d2a5c6d806da64b251

Beautiful day - wish I went flying...

someoldguy

macrumors 68030
Aug 2, 2009
usa
Ended up on a 'quick and dirty' tour of the Guggenheim and MOMA in NYC with 2 of my former students . I don't much care for most modern art but the reflection of the people on the covering glass seemed intriguing .

IMG_1448_1319.jpg

compuwar

macrumors 601
Oct 5, 2006
Northern/Central VA
Well, I'm looking for a name for the business, that doesn't involve my name or the 'usual suspects', like photo, light, image, etc. I'm sure there's one word out there that will kinda sum up what I'm offering, but so far it's escaped me. The best I've come up with so far is 'Still...'. Any ideas would be welcome. I'm looking for that 'light bulb' moment... when I know that's it...

Perseverance?
Shepherding? ;)
Beer? :)

Designer Dale

macrumors 68040
Mar 25, 2009
Folding space
As I left the driveway yesterday, went back into the house and shot this from my porch, some cropping of the foreground slightly needed? This as is.
_MG_1495.JPG

This s a great photo just as it is. The colors and contrast really are complimentary. The framing is fine, I don't think it needs to have any of the foreground cropped off. Very nice photo.

Quite literally we were just out for a walk in the local fields, and saw the morning sunlight breaking through the trees. Quite a lucky shot really, it was there and then gone. Didn't have time to either set up the camera or more preferably get my wife to stand in the sunlight to give the appearance of being 'beamed up'!!!!!
Quite honestly I'm learning about these things........how could I have made it more technically accurate????
Thanks for the comment.

Paul

Another one of those lucky shots that seem to pop up when we don't expect them and have little time to set the scene up. It's just there and perfect at the moment. if you don't act, you loose it forever. The only advice I have for this is to take maximum advantage of it by taking as many shots as possible without rushing it. Shoot exposed to the highlights and then the shadows and mid tones. Bracket up and down from what the camera says in 1/3 stop increments while keeping the aperture the same. Then you have a lot of images to sort through when you get it into the computer. Vary nice work and thanks for sharing it with us. Both of you.

Dale

Designer Dale

macrumors 68040
Mar 25, 2009
Folding space
The word I would use is Composed as it speaks both to the way something is layed out, and to a state of mind(calm and composed).
Useing a google search(hardly a scientific test) I don't find anyone useing "Composed Captures", and it looks like composedcaptures.com is not in use at the moment

A possible slogan: The essence of time well spent.
I think that just describes your approach to a photo as the end result of the time taken to achieve it.(I hope I am correct there)

^^^Compose and Capture =C&C=CnC

SeeCap SnC

Visioneer

ShutterVision

BlahBlahBlah

Dale

grassland

macrumors 6502
Sep 29, 2009
Toutons

made from from bread dough fried in fat pork (only in newfoundland) yummmm

Attachments

• DSC00187.jpg
    DSC00187.jpg
    209.1 KB · Views: 96

Kashchei

macrumors 65816
Apr 26, 2002
Meat Space
Street marker in Buckley, Washington. Popped up in post, the day was very dull.

buckleygas.jpg

EXIF Summary: 1/40s f/4.5 ISO100 30mm

Dale

I didn't think I'd ever see photos of Buckley come up on this thread! I spent every summer there as a kid, and all the photos I took were lost long ago. Anything you have and are willing to share would be greatly appreciated! What a blast from the past!

Designer Dale

macrumors 68040
Mar 25, 2009
Folding space
I didn't think I'd ever see photos of Buckley come up on this thread! I spent every summer there as a kid, and all the photos I took were lost long ago. Anything you have and are willing to share would be greatly appreciated! What a blast from the past!

I have a few others I can put up later this week. The day was very dull and not very good for photos. I lived in Bonney Lake for 20 years and Buckley was a favorite walking place. Lovely old flavor town with good restaurants. I loved the steaks at DJohns and the brunch fare at the 410. There is a mod in the Graphics forum who goes by Blue Velvet. Her sig is appropriate.

It's a Strange World.

Dale

PS: Never thought I'd see a PhD from Georgia State in this thread...

Kashchei

macrumors 65816
Apr 26, 2002
Meat Space
I have a few others I can put up later this week. The day was very dull and not very good for photos. I lived in Bonney Lake for 20 years and Buckley was a favorite walking place. Lovely old flavor town with good restaurants. I loved the steaks at DJohns and the brunch fare at the 410. There is a mod in the Graphics forum who goes by Blue Velvet. Her sig is appropriate.

It's a Strange World.

Dale

PS: Never thought I'd see a PhD from Georgia State in this thread...

I'm dating myself here, but my last visit to Buckley might have been before your stay in Bonney Lake (my last visit there was in 1980). Back then, the majority of shops in town were bars for the lumberjacks. The one restaurant I remember was a fast-food place called "Buzz In." Buckley really was like stepping back in time. I look forward to your upcoming posts and thank you in advance!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.