Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BarryJ

macrumors 6502a
Nov 8, 2007
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
Manitoulin is a beautiful place. I have grandmothers in Sudbury and Sualt Ste. Marie, and I went to University in the Sault. So I know the area well and enjoy seeing your shots from up there (though they make me wish I could live there again).

Thanks. Northern Ontario is a great part of the country and I do enjoy it here. Sudbury is a little on the sparce side when it come to scenery though! As my son says, nothing like the black rolling hills of home. :rolleyes: I enjoy your shots too and figure you must be like survivor man with all the photos of hiking and hills! BJ

Doylem

macrumors 68040
Dec 30, 2006
Wherever I hang my hat...
BlueMorningMountains.jpg

Oh, and Doylem, regarding the classes: what took you so long?! You'll make a great teacher.

Lovely, restful shot...

And thanks for the 'vote of confidence' about my workshops. I'm not too worried about doing group work (I already train people in small groups); my nightmare scenario is having ten keen photographers, with itchy trigger fingers, and a sodden, gloomy day like today. :(

Landmarks...

fromhelmcrag.jpg

Designer Dale

macrumors 68040
Mar 25, 2009
Folding space
When I'm in Berkeley, I live about two blocks from that place. One of only a couple of decent pizza joints in the Bay Area, in my view.

Here's one from me after a long dry spell (taken a little over an hour ago):

BlueMorningMountains.jpg

Oh, and Doylem, regarding the classes: what took you so long?! You'll make a great teacher.

Wonderful light. Fantastic play between the crisp foreground and the mystic value of the mountains in the background. Great shot! Slovenia?

Dale

Designer Dale

macrumors 68040
Mar 25, 2009
Folding space
Ceiling detail of the bridge between the Museum of History and Museum of Glass in Tacoma.

glassbridgeroof.jpg

EXIF Summary: 1/40s f/4.5 ISO100 28mm

This is on my reshoot list for spring.

Dale

Phrasikleia

macrumors 601
Feb 24, 2008
Over there------->
I can see where your inspiration comes from, great place to live and capture images. My wallpaper for today.

Wonderful light. Fantastic play between the crisp foreground and the mystic value of the mountains in the background. Great shot! Slovenia?

Dale

Dale, yep: Slovenia, the "sunny side of the Alps."

mtbdudex, yes it's indeed an inspiring location. National Geographic just ranked Slovenia as the fifth best place in the world for taking travel photos. :)

...my nightmare scenario is having ten keen photographers, with itchy trigger fingers, and a sodden, gloomy day like today. :(

That does sound like a nightmare. It's also the kind of day I'm seeing out my window right now. :(

Thanks to all who commented on my last photo. I can't tell you how good it felt to be out with the camera again (and to have that kind of scene to point it at).

mtbdudex

macrumors 68030
Aug 28, 2007
SE Michigan
Making some wood pieces for my wife this morning, I had a chance to tryout my newly purchased wireless controller.

Initial shot did not work, I then tried changing the lighting, this is result:
_MG_1656-3.jpg

grassland

macrumors 6502
Sep 29, 2009
St.john`s Newfoundland

The famous narrow entrance to the harbour.

Attachments

• (542) July 31.JPG
    (542) July 31.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 80

BarryJ

macrumors 6502a
Nov 8, 2007
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
Emmerson Manitoba

Visited in the summer of 08. POP 250!

4103301567_0dfe336ea7.jpg

Exposure Time: 1 / 60
Flash: Flash fired, auto mode, return light detected
FNumber: 4.2
Focal Length: 32
ISO Speed Ratings: 360
Light Source: unknown
Max Aperture Value: 4
Metering Mode: Pattern

mtbdudex

macrumors 68030
Aug 28, 2007
SE Michigan
byrnsie, I love this shot, took me a few moments to realize it's a .....H20 balloon being dropped onto a pin. Sweet.
How many did you take to get this? What shutter speed?

mikeschmeee

macrumors 6502a
Mar 9, 2009
Hey I did a train photo as well! I took this one yesterday on the new Canada Line that Translink has built here in BC. It goes all the way from Vancouver Airport right into Downtown Vancouver. Really quick train ride. I didn't bring my tri pod with me so I sat down and tried to balance the camera on my knee's. I think it turned out alright.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.