Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

grassland

macrumors 6502
Sep 29, 2009
Things

advertising crafts downtown St.johns nl.

Attachments

• (595) July 31.JPG
    (595) July 31.JPG
    983.6 KB · Views: 103

tonyeck

macrumors 6502
Sep 3, 2004
Las Vegas, NV

Click above to view large

Panoramic from Monument Valley from this summer.

This particular evening was not the best for photography as the dust storm from the day before had created a distant haze that meant the detail on the horizon was lost. I have a similar shot from the day before where you can clearly see the mountains in the distance. Would have been nice to catch it here.

The problem with these quick trips is that you have to put up with the weather you are dealt with and while I was only there for two days, I didn't have my ideal conditions that I had in my head. I, of course should not complain at all, as just to see this place is a great pleasure! I just wanted that sun to be at the right level just so the "mittens" were lit up perfectly without being blocked by haze and the clouds. :)

Anyway, enough moaning from me... I do like this shot. It's 4 portrait shots merged together in Photoshop with a bit of contrast added in to make it "pop" a little.

I also added a small watermark (for the first time) as I have seen my pictures on other sites without my permission and without credit.

mtbdudex

macrumors 68030
Aug 28, 2007
SE Michigan
You did well considering all you were managing at the time. 3 kids, 1 dog and 1 bear. I'm new to digital photography, and have trashed plenty of photos by not resetting my camera. I look at all the settings on my XSi before I do anything else.

Keep it up.

Dale
Thx Dale, Using time machine, I was able to re-post of wood/bear with more "neck" via diff angle https://forums.macrumors.com/posts/8775999/
_MG_1000.jpg
is better

pdxflint

macrumors 68020
Aug 25, 2006
Oregon coast
one little maid...

...more from costumed cyclocross action.

PHR_0804.JPG

Model: NIKON D300
ISO: 400
Exposure: 1/8000 sec
Aperture: 4.0
Focal Length: 300mm

RHVC59

macrumors 6502
May 10, 2008
Eugene, Oregon
Another shot from the Day of the Dead street fair in the Alberta neighborhood in Portland, Oregon. It was a bit rainy that night.

Attachments

• 20091029-(-Portland-)--566-Day-of-dead-Skeleton.jpg
    20091029-(-Portland-)--566-Day-of-dead-Skeleton.jpg
    514.1 KB · Views: 86

Phrasikleia

macrumors 601
Feb 24, 2008
Over there------->

Panoramic from Monument Valley from this summer.

This particular evening was not the best for photography as the dust storm from the day before had created a distant haze that meant the detail on the horizon was lost. I have a similar shot from the day before where you can clearly see the mountains in the distance. Would have been nice to catch it here.

The problem with these quick trips is that you have to put up with the weather you are dealt with and while I was only there for two days, I didn't have my ideal conditions that I had in my head. I, of course should not complain at all, as just to see this place is a great pleasure! I just wanted that sun to be at the right level just so the "mittens" were lit up perfectly without being blocked by haze and the clouds. :)

Anyway, enough moaning from me... I do like this shot. It's 4 portrait shots merged together in Photoshop with a bit of contrast added in to make it "pop" a little.

I also added a small watermark (for the first time) as I have seen my pictures on other sites without my permission and without credit.

Tremendous photo! Well composed and seamlessly merged.

Very sorry to hear about your stolen photos. However did you find them in use like that? It's something I've begun to worry about a bit myself. Really curious to know how you discovered that your photos had been used without permission.

mtbdudex

macrumors 68030
Aug 28, 2007
SE Michigan
As I left the driveway yesterday, went back into the house and shot this from my porch, some cropping of the foreground slightly needed? This as is.
_MG_1495.JPG

Doylem

macrumors 68040
Dec 30, 2006
Wherever I hang my hat...
Very sorry to hear about your stolen photos. However did you find them in use like that? It's something I've begun to worry about a bit myself. Really curious to know how you discovered that your photos had been used without permission.

On a similar tack, I had an email this morning from a magazine editor, wanting to use one of my pix "for a credit". I said fine... as long as she'd come round to my place and wash my car for free, while I tell the neighbours what a good job she did...

It's bad enough having pix 'stolen'; no point just giving them away. :eek:

Having thought about it for a while, I've decided to go into business with a friend of mine, offering photography weekends here in the lake district... tuition 'with a twist'. Kinda 'zen photography: about slowing down, giving 100% attention to what's 'out there', getting into 'the zone'. Y'know, all the stuff I bang on about here on this forum... :p

Well, I'm looking for a name for the business, that doesn't involve my name or the 'usual suspects', like photo, light, image, etc. I'm sure there's one word out there that will kinda sum up what I'm offering, but so far it's escaped me. The best I've come up with so far is 'Still...'. Any ideas would be welcome. I'm looking for that 'light bulb' moment... when I know that's it...

canoelaunch.jpg

oblomow

macrumors 601
Apr 14, 2005
Netherlands
Not sure about the name Doylem, but I'd be very interested in one of your courses when they start. :D

For free of course, if you find a name... :)

You're right about the course, I would love to watch the grass grow and turn deep green together with Doylem.

YosemitePaul

macrumors member
Sep 22, 2009
Cumbria U.K.
It may not be technically perfect, but it's simply stunning. Wow! If you can spare the time, I'd love to hear more about how you got this shot. Were you just walking along when you happened to see this incredible beam of light piercing through the trees? Do tell...

Quite literally we were just out for a walk in the local fields, and saw the morning sunlight breaking through the trees. Quite a lucky shot really, it was there and then gone. Didn't have time to either set up the camera or more preferably get my wife to stand in the sunlight to give the appearance of being 'beamed up'!!!!!
Quite honestly I'm learning about these things........how could I have made it more technically accurate????
Thanks for the comment.

Paul

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.