Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Georgie

macrumors member
Aug 25, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
Oh what the heck, I should post something too instead of jabbering about others' photos.

Modor_barn.jpg

Leaf_puddle.jpg

rickvanr

macrumors 68040
Apr 10, 2002
Brockville
Here is one i had as a desktop for a while but had to change it because i got a few weird looks from clients. I like how it came out mostly out of focus.

<snip>

1/80, f8, 55mm+50mm reversed, ISO 200, Partial Metering

Hate, hate, hate spiders, however that is quite the picture. A lovely shade of green. Where did you take it?

Coheebuzz

macrumors 6502a
Oct 10, 2005
Nicosia, Cyprus
Hate, hate, hate spiders, however that is quite the picture. A lovely shade of green. Where did you take it?

Thanks for the comment!

I used to hate them too! But when you use a reversed lens for macro, the working distance is often less than 1cm from the subject. So i had to get really close and with time i got over it, now i often touch the spiders to get them where i want!

Now i only hate big grasshoppers... and those praying mantis are scary too!

Anyway the spider shot was in my backyard on a really sunny day, so i didn't need a tripod. The spider was sitting on the hairs of a wheat stem.

rahrens

macrumors member
Sep 21, 2006
People's Republic Of Maryland
not really

Can you post a higher resolution image? I can't really see anything in the droplet.

I wish I could, but that's really pretty close to the limit. Much tighter and it starts to pixilate till you can't see anything.

The original was a six megapixel, but that is just a very small part of it, so I had to really blow it up close.

rahrens

macrumors member
Sep 21, 2006
People's Republic Of Maryland
tried again

Can you post a higher resolution image? I can't really see anything in the droplet.

Ok, I tried again, and here's what I got.

The car is hard to see, but it is covered in snow in the foreground, just right of bottom center you can see the round wheel. In the background are two houses across the street.

Attachments

• drop.jpg
    drop.jpg
    242.4 KB · Views: 68

Georgie

macrumors member
Aug 25, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
Ok, I tried again, and here's what I got.

The car is hard to see, but it is covered in snow in the foreground, just right of bottom center you can see the round wheel. In the background are two houses across the street.

Oh yeah, you're right, I do see it now. That's neat.

seenew

macrumors 68000
Dec 1, 2005
Brooklyn
Now that is cool Seenew. Will you tell us how you get these underwater shots? Are you working with a tank and a strobe or is the camera in a waterproof housing. I really like the hands punching through the surface of the water.

Using a tank and always-on lamps. I needed some for lighting still lifes for drawing/painting, so I figured I could use them in photos too (cheaper than strobes, and I know nothing about strobes). So yeah, a 20 gallon tank and two work lights with 150watt bulbs. They can take 250watts, but I can't find any fluorecent that go that high.

seenew

macrumors 68000
Dec 1, 2005
Brooklyn
last of the water shots

Model: Canon EOS DIGITAL REBEL XT
Shutter Speed: 1/2000 second
F Number: F/4.0
Focal Length: 26 mm
ISO Speed: 1600
Date Picture Taken: Mar 20, 2007, 8:37:12 PM

stargate3.jpg

job

macrumors 68040
Jan 25, 2002
in transit
happy couple

Fuji FinePix F20SE
ISO 100
1/350
f 4.5

[edit: wow, the colors look really really washed out. i wonder if it had something to do with the compression and conversion i did in order to attach it.]

Attachments

• happy.jpg
    happy.jpg
    180.4 KB · Views: 54

The General

macrumors 601
Jul 7, 2006
Wow! The colors in that shot are fantastic! Great composition, too. What camera did you use?

Thanks. :) You're the first person to compliment my photography before. :eek: I use a Nikon D80. This was my first trip with the camera, we went to Morro Bay. I took a set of pictures of the break water the first day, and they were all way over exposed. :p I realized that I had exposure compensation on +3, so I fixed it and went back the next day and took that one. :)

Here's another pic:

picture1ly3.png

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
hdr_tree_fog_bw-web.jpg

March 4, 2007
Mt. Yongji, South Korea
Sony DSC R1
iso 160​

Amazing as always. :)

Here's mine. I shot a concert for my uni yesterday. (Yes folks, mention the date and location you took the photo ;) ). The girl in the photo wasn't from the main act, but her dress looks really cool in black and white.

Took it with a Nikon D50 and my trusty Sigma 24-70 mm f/2.8 set at f/2.8.

Attachments

• DSC_0268.jpg
    DSC_0268.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 47
B

BigMäc

03/20/2007

IMG_6638.jpg

Camera: Canon EOS 30D
ISO: 400
Shutter/Aperture: 1/250 @ f8
Lens: EF 50 mm f1.2L
Light: 580 EX bounced from wall

Steamie

macrumors 6502
Dec 27, 2006
Scotland
Taken Today near Dundee, Scotland.
431394908_a17d1e64bf.jpg

Camera: Panasonic DMC-FZ5
Exposure: 0.005 sec (1/200)
Aperture: f/3.3
Focal Length: 55.2 mm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.