Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

the desert red

macrumors newbie
Dec 13, 2006
Ezekiel

Taken on a recent mission trip to Ghana

Ezekiel.jpg

t1937r0

macrumors 6502a
Sep 5, 2006
Sorry, I don't even have a date for this one let alone exif data, although
I believe I took at the zoo in Indianapolis, Indiana near the end of
December of 2006.
roach.jpg

rahrens

macrumors member
Sep 21, 2006
People's Republic Of Maryland
looks good

I was afraid of that. I still haven't found a suitable display to work with so I'm just working on my laptop's display. :(

I think I might get a Mac Pro and a 30 incher. ;) We'll see.

I agree with the other commenter; I don't see any oversaturation. The colors looked pretty good.

I've got a D70 and have been drooling over the idea of getting a D80. If your shots are any indication of the quality they put out, you've just boosted the drool level by about 150%!

That said, have you looked into a color calibration unit? You can buy these units that will attach to your monitor and tell you how to set the color calibration settings on your control panel to set your color accurately. Some are kinda pricey, but there are a few cheaper selections out there, I think.

rahrens

macrumors member
Sep 21, 2006
Taken Today near Dundee, Scotland.
431394908_a17d1e64bf.jpg

Camera: Panasonic DMC-FZ5
Exposure: 0.005 sec (1/200)
Aperture: f/3.3
Focal Length: 55.2 mm

Whoa! that's one cool lookin' cow! (Sorry, don't know what you call 'em, but he's impressive!)

Nice shot!

Gonna go the Scotland someday - family is descended from the MacEwens & I'd like to look around. Scotland's got some really beautiful landscape.

The General

macrumors 601
Jul 7, 2006
I agree with the other commenter; I don't see any oversaturation. The colors looked pretty good.

I've got a D70 and have been drooling over the idea of getting a D80. If your shots are any indication of the quality they put out, you've just boosted the drool level by about 150%!

That said, have you looked into a color calibration unit? You can buy these units that will attach to your monitor and tell you how to set the color calibration settings on your control panel to set your color accurately. Some are kinda pricey, but there are a few cheaper selections out there, I think.

I've been eyeing the Spyder II Suite for some time. I will be getting one when I get my new computer. I want either a Mac Pro w/ 30" ACD or a 24" iMac. I haven't quite made up my mind.

I think my photos are an indiction of the D80's quality and of my skill in Photoshop. :eek:

I'm still getting use to this camera, it takes a bit of Photoshop before the pictures are at all usable. :p

rahrens

macrumors member
Sep 21, 2006
I've been eyeing the Spyder II Suite for some time. I will be getting one when I get my new computer. I want either a Mac Pro w/ 30" ACD or a 24" iMac. I haven't quite made up my mind.

I think my photos are an indiction of the D80's quality and of my skill in Photoshop. :eek:

I'm still getting use to this camera, it takes a bit of Photoshop before the pictures are at all usable. :p

I just use iPhoto. I'm not near to being pro, but I do use RAW for the post processing. It meets most of my current needs. In a couple years, I'll look into a new Mac, and will get one that'll run Aperture. I'm not sure I'm knowledgeable enough to use Photoshop (or justify the price).

The General

macrumors 601
Jul 7, 2006
I just use iPhoto. I'm not near to being pro, but I do use RAW for the post processing. It meets most of my current needs. In a couple years, I'll look into a new Mac, and will get one that'll run Aperture. I'm not sure I'm knowledgeable enough to use Photoshop (or justify the price).

I use Aperture for organizing my photos, but there is some stuff that I need to use Photoshop for that Aperture just can't do. Adobe Lightroom is another nice program like Aperture. It has one feature that Aperture doesn't that I like a lot and that's the "Recovery" slider. It basically tones down white clipping. It's doable in Aperture, by adjusting the exposure, but that brings everything else down with it.

But yeah, I can't justify the price of Photoshop either, if you get what I mean. ;)

Steamie

macrumors 6502
Dec 27, 2006
Scotland
Whoa! that's one cool lookin' cow! (Sorry, don't know what you call 'em, but he's impressive!)

Nice shot!

Gonna go the Scotland someday - family is descended from the MacEwens & I'd like to look around. Scotland's got some really beautiful landscape.

Thanks !
Technical term is Highland Cow , pronounced "HEILIN' COO".
Yes the scenery is great here , but very similar to some of that I saw not that far from yourself in the Shenandoah Valley.

Yakamoto

macrumors 6502
Oct 14, 2006
Planet Earth
Taken in Downtown Portland Or.
kittty-117.jpg

Camera model: EX-Z4
Date/Time: 2006:11:01 01:10:37
Color/bw: Black and white
Focal length: 5.8mm (35mm equivalent: 35mm)
Exposure time: 1.300 s
Aperture: f/2.6
Metering Mode: matrix
Exposure: program

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location

I looked at the photo in Safari instead of Firefox (which sucks with image viewing), and it does look better in Safari. Usually, I find that Firefox makes colours look unsaturated, so I was afraid to look at it in Safari, but now I only think the water looks very very blue.

rahrens

macrumors member
Sep 21, 2006
I looked at the photo in Safari instead of Firefox (which sucks with image viewing), and it does look better in Safari. Usually, I find that Firefox makes colours look unsaturated, so I was afraid to look at it in Safari, but now I only think the water looks very very blue.

Yes, I looked in Firefox just now, and you're right, it does look different, doesn't it? Weird how different browsers can do that...

rahrens

macrumors member
Sep 21, 2006
Eastern Mockingbird

This is a shot of an Eastern Mockingbird in my front yard last fall. I took about ten shots of her with my 300 mm zoom, and every time I clicked the shutter, she looked at me and cocked her head, as if trying to identify the sound. She wasn't afraid at all.

Make: NIKON CORPORATION
Model: NIKON D70
File date and time: 2006:10:30 13:05:27
Exposure time: 1/3999 s
F number: 8.0
ISO speed rating: 1600
Metering mode: Pattern
Lens focal length: 240.0 mm

Attachments

• bird2.jpg
    bird2.jpg
    241.1 KB · Views: 43

freebooter

macrumors 65816
Feb 24, 2005
Daegu, South Korea
Amazing as always. :)

Here's mine. I shot a concert for my uni yesterday. (Yes folks, mention the date and location you took the photo ;) ). The girl in the photo wasn't from the main act, but her dress looks really cool in black and white.

Took it with a Nikon D50 and my trusty Sigma 24-70 mm f/2.8 set at f/2.8.
Much obliged. And, nice shot of the singer!
Freebooter, those photos are really good. I like the different moods, too. that tree makes a cool subject.
Thank-ee!

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
Thanks. :)

I like the black and white version of your photo better. It does have a different mood. You also seem to be able to get a lot of fog shots in the forest near your home. :) You're lucky, because I rarely ever see fog here unless I'm driving on the highway or something. I've never seen fog while walking where I'm living in Australia.

Here's another from the same concert. This is the lead singer of Blue King Brown, which was the band I was photographing on Thursday March 22nd. :) Same camera and lens as before.

The lighting is tricky (blue + red + yellow lights = bad), so the skin tone looks a bit messed, and it's really difficult to fix, but anyway, here it is.

Attachments

• DSC_0422.jpg
    DSC_0422.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 56

ksz

macrumors 68000
Oct 28, 2003
USA
23-Mar-07, Apple TV

Nikon D200
Nikon 18-200 f/3.5-5.6 VR
26mm DX (39mm FF)
1/25s @ f/4
ISO 400

orig.jpg

Klrbee25

macrumors member
Mar 23, 2007
Here's a panorama from my trip to Sydney in February this year. The QE2 was in port during her Around the World 2007 voyage, so getting the ship, city, bridge, and opera house became my priority for the night :).

Attachments

• Sydney Harbor, night, QE2 Opera House and Bridge Pano (small size).jpg
    Sydney Harbor, night, QE2 Opera House and Bridge Pano (small size).jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 127
Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.