Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

freebooter

macrumors 65816
Feb 24, 2005
Daegu, South Korea
Country Gal, Country Creek

Creek-Woman-crop-copy.jpg

April 8, 2006.
Near Daegu, South Korea
Nikon D40
Nikkor 70-300mm VR + Sigma 1.4x t.c.​

This is the same woman as in the photograph, Country Gal, Country Road I posted about 10 days ago.

DeSnousa

macrumors 68000
Jan 20, 2005
Brisbane, Australia
April 8, 2006.
Near Daegu, South Korea
Nikon D40
Nikkor 70-300mm VR + Sigma 1.4x t.c.[/CENTER]

This is the same woman as in the photograph, Country Gal, Country Road I posted about 10 days ago.

Wow, great picture. I really new to all this, but how do you capture an image like this? Is it all by the camera, or did you use photoshop?

freebooter

macrumors 65816
Feb 24, 2005
Daegu, South Korea
Wow, great picture. I really new to all this, but how do you capture an image like this? Is it all by the camera, or did you use photoshop?

Re: Post-processing.
I almost always play with my pictures in Photoshop. I say play, because it's fun and I don't have a "workflow" :rolleyes: since I'm still very much a P.S. novice and a pretty casual hobbyist.
For the above photo, I wasn't happy with the original color (too cheerful/warm) so I de-saturated it a bit and changed the color balance. To feature the foreground/woman I darkened the upper-frame with a neutral-density 'filter'. I cropped the sides to make it a vertical shot because originally the woman was dead-center and there was unnecessary brush and grass. Also, there was a fair bit of garbage (Korea is a trashy place) that I had to clone out. Finally, I resized and sharpened for posting on the web.

vandi

macrumors member
Apr 5, 2007
Atlanta
Don't quite understand

Re: Post-processing.
I almost always play with my pictures in Photoshop. I say play, because it's fun and I don't have a "workflow" :rolleyes: since I'm still very much a P.S. novice and a pretty casual hobbyist.
For the above photo, I wasn't happy with the original color (too cheerful/warm) so I de-saturated it a bit and changed the color balance. To feature the foreground/woman I darkened the upper-frame with a neutral-density 'filter'. I cropped the sides to make it a vertical shot because originally the woman was dead-center and there was unnecessary brush and grass. Also, there was a fair bit of garbage (Korea is a trashy place) that I had to clone out. Finally, I resized and sharpened for posting on the web.

So what is it exactly (if you know) that gives your recent photos a sort of HDR look to them?

freebooter

macrumors 65816
Feb 24, 2005
Daegu, South Korea
So what is it exactly (if you know) that gives your recent photos a sort of HDR look to them?

It could be highlight/shadow adjustments. Recently, I did put a few individual files through Photomatix Pro for HDR tone-mapping. It could also be that sometimes I only change part of the picture, or that often I treat the colors separately. At times, I use 'actions' and overlay them at reduced opacity. Or...etc.

.JahJahwarrior.

macrumors 6502
Jan 1, 2007
463666295_f6796873b8.jpg

I was on a physics class field trip to Tennessee, on the way back, we stopped for lunch in Atlanta. I snapped two pictures of this sign as fast as I could (I'm trying to work on focusing fast and anticipating focus--I only shoot film, all manual, including focus. I want a dslr mainly for autofocus ;) ) and both turned out well. I need to crop this, as you can see the edge of the frame somewhat.

Vivtar V3800N
135mm fixed focal lense
ISO 400 film
maybe 1/500 shutter? I forget.

IscariotJ

macrumors 6502a
Jan 13, 2004
UK
After loitering for a long while, I thought I'd pluck up the courage, and start posting. There's no better way of learning than joining in....

465062265_1f38dc6dd1.jpg

Colchester Zoo, UK - 7/4/2007
D80 + 18-200VR @ 200mm
f/5.6 @ 1/80 secs
ISO 100

jayb2000

macrumors 6502a
Apr 18, 2003
RI -> CA -> ME
sick of this snowy spring

Today is pretty nice, but I was looking at my photos from Key West, taken last May, much warmer and sunnier!
Nikon CoolPix 5400
f/7.9
5.8mm
ISO 50
1/367s

465242994_6475ddfe62_b.jpg

Just was talking to my wife about that and realized that is ME in the picture, so she must have taken it! Gotta give her the credit. :)

GnrlyMrly

macrumors 6502a
Apr 23, 2006
Atlanta, GA
somewhere in georgia
4/15/07

461069393_da11b513a2.jpg

Camera: Nikon D50
Exposure: 0.077 sec (1/13)
Aperture: f/4
Focal Length: 24 mm
ISO Speed: 400
Exposure Bias: 0/6 EV

One of the last shots with my D50...:(

devilot

Moderator emeritus
May 1, 2005
Fadin' Daylight
5D, 24-70L @ 24mm
f/8
It's odd, I can't decide what mood that photo puts me in... not quite trainquil, not quite anxious. Somewhere in between. Maybe closer to the anxious part. But then again, I read too much into some things. :eek: Nice image though, I like the moodiness.

Looking at it again, I think I feel so divided because the sky and composition lends itself to read as "stable," "still," and that part of the earlier noted "trainquility." But, there's this feeling of unrest.

Anyway, I'm blabbing... but I do enjoy your image. :)

Lovesong

macrumors 65816
It's odd, I can't decide what mood that photo puts me in... not quite trainquil, not quite anxious. Somewhere in between. Maybe closer to the anxious part. But then again, I read too much into some things. :eek: Nice image though, I like the moodiness.

Looking at it again, I think I feel so divided because the sky and composition lends itself to read as "stable," "still," and that part of the earlier noted "trainquility." But, there's this feeling of unrest.

Anyway, I'm blabbing... but I do enjoy your image. :)

Thanks. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.