Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

miranda.danny

macrumors member
May 29, 2007
Providence, RI
Back to Boston

On my way back to Boston from a great day in VT and I grabbed this shot heading down to Storrow Dr. I thought it came out great...Let me know what you think!

Storrow Dr., Boston MA 07/21/07

Camera: Canon EOS XTi
ISO: 100
Focal Length: 50mm
Shutter/Aperture: 1/3 @ f5.6
Lens: EF 50mm f1.8 II

.JahJahwarrior.

macrumors 6502
Jan 1, 2007
I'm lazy, so I'm going to try linking from Xanga instead of Flickr. If it doesn't work, I'll go ahead and upload the picture to Flickr ;)

A friend's wedding:
b100148117.jpg

Pentax *ist Ds
135 f2.8
f2.8
1/100second
ISO800
flash did fire--I was far away, stage was well lit but I still used my cheapy Promaster flash to help with shadows.
July 14, 2007

I wasn't the official photog, just filling in. The offical gal was also hired to shoot another friend's wedding. She has two lenses (one of which is Canon L series glass, I believe, which is $$, yes?) but no camera bag...she kind of just sets them down on things. No flash other than built in. Not enough memory, so she brings along a MB to uplaod pictures to when she has a moment. They thought I was extremely professional and had super expensive gear....that's what I get for showing up better prepared than the hired photographer. :) For what it is worth, I processed photos and printed out 35 of the best ones and put them in an album as a gift to the bride and groom who are friends of mine before they got anypictures from the hired gal. :)

redrabbit

macrumors 6502
Aug 8, 2006
Still not 100% satisfied with the post-processing, but here's one of my favorite shots so far

806458238_a5b06c9240_o.jpg

Hiding
Shanghai, China
Canon EOS Digital Rebel XT
1/3200 sec
f/4.5
50 mm
ISO 1600

studentmac

macrumors regular
Jul 1, 2007
Bedfordshire, UK
This is a picture I took while in Norway. I tried to boost the colour slightly with iphoto, and I quite like the end result.

Now just need to buy myself a good camera so I can get into photography for real!

norway 078_2.jpg

Nunya

macrumors newbie
Jul 22, 2007
Twin Cities, USA
Lily Stamens

Camera: Nikon D200
ISO: 200
Focal Length: 105mm
Shutter/Aperture: 1/350 @ f3.8
Lens: Nikon 105mm Micro

My first post on here. These are the stamens of a lily taken in overcast lighting conditions. Shot in RAW PhotoShop'd to JPEG.

How do you embed pics in the post rather than attaching them as I did here.

Attachments

• Stamens.jpg
    1,008.4 KB · Views: 77

Mitthrawnuruodo

Moderator emeritus
Mar 10, 2004
Bergen, Norway
How do you embed pics in the post rather than attaching them as I did here.
Once you've attached the picture, close the attacments window (then, due to a bug reopen it, wait for it to load and then close it again), now you can set inn the attachment(s) by using the attacments button:
attach.gif

It will give you a list of your attachments, and choosing one will insert an

srf4real

macrumors 68040
Jul 25, 2006
paradise beach FL
This is a picture I took while in Norway. I tried to boost the colour slightly with iphoto, and I quite like the end result.

Now just need to buy myself a good camera so I can get into photography for real!
I think you're on your way... I like that photo. Be careful with good cameras - they can be quite addictive!:p

studentmac

macrumors regular
Jul 1, 2007
Bedfordshire, UK
I think you're on your way... I like that photo. Be careful with good cameras - they can be quite addictive!:p

Thanks, I think im getting a bit addicted already, even with my point and shoot camera!...Seems to be with me all the time now.

I feel like I am getting the most out of my camera now, so will look into buying something like this as it seems like a logical step up...cant quite afford a full SLR!

Nunya

macrumors newbie
Jul 22, 2007
Twin Cities, USA
Stamens

These are the stamens of a lily taken in overcast lighting conditions. Shot in RAW PhotoShop'd to JPEG.

attachment.php

Camera: Nikon D200
ISO: 200
Focal Length: 105mm
Shutter/Aperture: 1/350 @ f3.8
Lens: Nikon 105mm Micro​

Attachments

• Stamens.jpg
    1,008.4 KB · Views: 541

Mitthrawnuruodo

Moderator emeritus
Mar 10, 2004
Bergen, Norway
LOL, it shocked me too!! Is there a guide for posting images in a consistent way? Is there a way for me to delete my posts and retry?
The best way is to scale it before posting it. Anything wider than 800-1200 is a bit on the large side... over 1600 wide too large... and even with those sizes the or [attach] tags are recommended to use in the post (to make the thread more readable), and those interested in the picture can click the thumbnail (which both tags make) to see the full sized image.

Just note that the above picture was too large for the [attach] tags to work, so I had to use the [img] tag with the attached image's full URL...

Also, if you want any post edited, yours or someone else's, you can click the Post report icon ([IMG]http://images.macrumors.com/vb/images/buttons/report.gif) and tell us moderators what you think need to be fixed...

GnrlyMrly

macrumors 6502a
Apr 23, 2006
Atlanta, GA
873916195_80adafb50e.jpg

Camera: Nikon D80
Exposure: 0.1 sec (1/10)
Aperture: f/4.5
Focal Length: 70 mm
ISO Speed: 400
Exposure Bias: 0/6 EV

Taken on
July 23, 2007 at 1.01am EDT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.