Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

freebooter

macrumors 65816
Feb 24, 2005
Daegu, South Korea
Snow White

SnowWhite.jpg

Snow White
Daegu, South Korea
August 2, 2007.
Nikon D40
Micro Nikkor 105mm D
pop-up flash, diffuser, tripod as monopod​

I had an interesting hike today, beating a massive thunderstorm to the peak and, after booting it back down in the lighting-laced downpour, I took numerous pictures in a garden I haven't shot for quite a while.

ps: I'm off to Seoul tomorrow, so I'm posting a bit early (12:01 am, here).

pdxflint

macrumors 68020
Aug 25, 2006
Oregon coast
Pacific Ocean from Cascade Head, OR

Another shot taken during a mid-winter hike up the Cascade Head trail, near Lincoln City, OR.

DSC_2354-1.JPG

Model: NIKON D50
ISO: 400
Exposure: 1/200 sec
Aperture: f/8.0
Focal Length: 18mm
Lens: Nikkor 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 kit lens

cburst

macrumors newbie
Aug 2, 2007
Another shot taken during a mid-winter hike up the Cascade Head trail, near Lincoln City, OR.

<snip photo>

Model: NIKON D50
ISO: 400
Exposure: 1/200 sec
Aperture: f/8.0
Focal Length: 18mm
Lens: Nikkor 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 kit lens

great picture man

Kashchei

macrumors 65816
Apr 26, 2002
Meat Space
Snow White

Freebooter, your recent post was so exemplary that I finally made a connection that has been eluding me. You've probably already seen it, but just in case, take a look at the David Attenborough documentary "Life in the Undergrowth" for some stunning video of insects. Your recent photos would fit perfectly in this documentary. I don't know if it is online, but the DVD extras include a lengthy interview with the photographer of the series that might be of interest as well.

Thanks so much for sharing your stunning work!

iAlan

macrumors 65816
Dec 11, 2002
From my little Canon Ixy

Have lurked on this tread for a while and just luv all the shots. I am by no means a photographer but have been lucky with a few snaps from time to time.

This is from a Kannon Temple in Kamakura, Japan.
No adjustment to the colour has been made

Attachments

• IMG_0932.jpg
    IMG_0932.jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 67

stcanard

macrumors 65816
Oct 19, 2003
Vancouver
Out the door

Taken right outside my front door, I have step around it sometimes if the wind is blowing

Out the door
Nikon D80 + 18-70 kit
Exposure: Aperture priority (+1 EV)
Shutter Speed: 1/60
Aperture: f/5.6
Focal Length: 70mm
Flash: On (diffuser)
ISO: 100

freebooter

macrumors 65816
Feb 24, 2005
Daegu, South Korea
Don't Bug Me When I'm Working

DontBugMe.jpg

Don't Bug Me When I'm Working
Mt. Yongji, South Korea
Nikon D40
Micro Nikkor 105mm D
flash, diffuser​

A mantis doing what mantises do best.

Freebooter, your recent post was so exemplary that I finally made a connection that has been eluding me. You've probably already seen it, but just in case, take a look at the David Attenborough documentary "Life in the Undergrowth" for some stunning video of insects. Your recent photos would fit perfectly in this documentary. I don't know if it is online, but the DVD extras include a lengthy interview with the photographer of the series that might be of interest as well.

Thanks so much for sharing your stunning work!

Thanks a lot! No, I haven't seen that, but, oddly enough, just yesterday I was thinking about macro video...

You should get a Flickr account freebooter. If added to a couple of groups, your work would most likely get loads of feedback.

Thanks for the suggestion. What I really want to look into is a site where I can start to market my wares. (micro-stock?)

DJMastaWes

macrumors 65816
Jan 14, 2006
Montreal, Quebec
What kind of post processing do you do? Nice photo, btw.

Brightness and Saturation. Curves. Some pictures (like this one) I put a black and white image on top of the picture, and bring down the opacity to a level where I like it. I like the color it gives.

Thanks.

Anyway, I hope I can get a SLR by the end of this year. I'm looking a a Nikon D80. I think I can do a lot more with a better camera and more manual settings.

Aperture

macrumors 68000
Mar 19, 2006
PA
Brightness and Saturation. Curves. Some pictures (like this one) I put a black and white image on top of the picture, and bring down the opacity to a level where I like it. I like the color it gives.

Thanks.

Anyway, I hope I can get a SLR by the end of this year. I'm looking a a Nikon D80. I think I can do a lot more with a better camera and more manual settings.

Ohh, interesting technique. I might have to try it.

The D80 is an awesome camera, I'd definitely look into it. In a year or two (assuming it hasn't been replaced) I'll probably look into upgrading to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.