Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

buffalo

macrumors 65816
Jun 5, 2005
Tacoma, WA
For anyone who has seen the music video Why You Wanna by T.I. does this scene look familar?

177971664_4614d971f0.jpg

We stumbled upon the making of the video when we went to Sunset Beach on Oahu on April 19th.

[EDIT] It seems as though the MTV music video's won't play on Mac's
[EDIT 2] Here is another link if your interested in watching the video. (Go to Multimedia)

neocell

macrumors 65816
May 23, 2005
Great White North
Well, maybe this post is just do to blind love, but I thought it looked good.

Blou Chill'n
April 2006, Montreal
Kodak EasyShare CX7220

Attachments

• Pig1.jpg
    Pig1.jpg
    172.3 KB · Views: 86

neocell

macrumors 65816
May 23, 2005
Great White North
As promised.

Blou Snooze & Selkie (the devil cat)

Can't remember all the settings with for this shot, but it's a scan from a photo that I took with my F65 with 28-70 Nikkor at 70 other than that it's all up in the air
Sometime in 2003, Montreal, my bed and pillow

The pig (Blou) was snoring away and Selkie was trying to push him off the pillow (5lb cat against 110lb dog) and he woke up just as I took the shot, wanted to get it with his eyes closed. :(

Attachments

• Blou&Selk.jpg
    Blou&Selk.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 80

eclipse525

macrumors 6502a
Aug 5, 2003
USA, New York
neocell said:
As promised.

Blou Snooze & Selkie (the devil cat)

Can't remember all the settings with for this shot, but it's a scan from a photo that I took with my F65 with 28-70 Nikkor at 70 other than that it's all up in the air
Sometime in 2003, Montreal, my bed and pillow

The pig (Blou) was snoring away and Selkie was trying to push him off the pillow (5lb cat against 110lb dog) and he woke up just as I took the shot, wanted to get it with his eyes closed. :(

Great shot! Thanks for sharing. NOW if the rest of the world could just get along like those two. <LOL>

~e

Mike Teezie

macrumors 68020
Nov 20, 2002
Cirque de Soleil Performer / Monroe, LA 6/30/06

bransan.jpg

Canon XT
Tamron 28-75 f/2.8
Canon 580ex Speedlite Flash

A friend of mine is a performer with Cirque de Soleil. He needed some photography of him doing a routine for his website, so he called me up and we set up a shoot. It was amazing watching him work - the amount of talent, strength and concentration required to do what he does is unbelievable.

FrankieTDouglas

macrumors 68000
Mar 10, 2005
A Polaroid, 6/30/06, Ruston, LA

I had a photo shoot today with a local musician for his press kit. I used my Nikon for the actual shots, but also took Polaroids during each setup for a combined shot later in the evening. Depending on how some of the main photos turn out, I'm thinking about posting some in a new thread for feedback.

Anyway, here's a Polaroid from one setup. I used an older camera, not sure of the model number. It says one step flash on the front and is the rectangled black design.

brant.jpg

neocell

macrumors 65816
May 23, 2005
Great White North
eclipse525 said:
Great shot! Thanks for sharing. NOW if the rest of the world could just get along like those two. <LOL>

~e
Thanks, glad you like it :)

Here's the last pig one

Just max'n and relax'n as usual.
He just looked so ??? undignified. Had to take the shot
Well, as long as he's happy, right.

Cheap Kodak again: Cx7220
March 2005
Montreal

Attachments

• pig.jpg
    pig.jpg
    169.8 KB · Views: 103

seenew

macrumors 68000
Dec 1, 2005
Brooklyn
§HAMU§ said:
Strasbourg, France

Camera: Canon EOS Digital Rebel XT
Exposure: 30 sec (30)
Aperture: f/11
Focal Length: 50 mm
ISO Speed: 100

178304362_a61c54d78d_o.jpg

Cool shot! I'm excited, because I love taking long exposures, and I just ordered a 350D. Are you pleased with it?

Here's my shot for the day

Make: NIKON
Model: E8800
Shutter Speed: 10/561 second
F Number: F/3.2
Focal Length: 9 mm
ISO Speed: 50
Date Picture Taken: Nov 15, 2005, 9:20:50 AM

19_weHaveAThemeSong.jpg

annk

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 18, 2004
Somewhere over the rainbow
seenew, that shot of the kids is absolutely amazing. Could you say a few words about the color and depth? One thing that always strikes me about really good, professional images, is that the color is always so....I don't know how to say it, but it's always SO much better than anything I've ever been able to do. I know a good lens is imperative, but what else? Is it in knowing how to use the lens, is it about choosing the correct parameters on the camera, is it about post-processing?

Sorry I don't have the techical vocab to explain, but you probably know what I mean.

Katharine

macrumors member
Jan 11, 2006
Puck (the licker) and Gatsby (the lickee)
May 2006, my couch, Maine

Attachments

• 407bre2.jpg
    407bre2.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 66

Silentwave

macrumors 68000
May 26, 2006
just a headlight.
January 2nd, 2006

78915956-O.jpg

Camera: Nikon D200
Aperture/Shutter: f/4.0 1/80 sec.
ISO 200
Lens: Nikon 50mm f/1.4 AIS Manual focus

Yes, I just got around to processing a shot from *january* now.

Chip NoVaMac

macrumors G3
Dec 25, 2003
Northern Virginia
FrankieTDouglas said:

I had a photo shoot today with a local musician for his press kit. I used my Nikon for the actual shots, but also took Polaroids during each setup for a combined shot later in the evening. Depending on how some of the main photos turn out, I'm thinking about posting some in a new thread for feedback.

Anyway, here's a Polaroid from one setup. I used an older camera, not sure of the model number. It says one step flash on the front and is the rectangled black design.

brant.jpg

Hey Andy, you have a PM!

On this image though, I am in awe. I mean it sincerely! You have quite an eye there. And I love the use of the old SX-70 format. In this composition, I like the use of scanning the image on note paper as well.

You may want to look at photosig.com to upload images to in order to get feedback on what more critical eyes might think. Despite what you said in your PM to me, you need to think about maybe exhibiting and selling some of your work.

It is fresh, imaginative, and different. Sort of like the MR member here that makes extensive use of the Lensbaby. Your goal may not to make money off of what you come back with - but there are those of us that would be willing to pay a reasonable price to own an image that stands out to us. Sort of like the $40US that I spent on four 5x5 matts with 3x3 prints of some really imaginative images from London during my trip to London this year (he has a stall at Covent Gardens, near the end of one of the buildings). Make your hobby give back something to you. :)

Take it what it is worth. My wall space is limited. Most of my own work fills the walls. Outside of the above photographer from London I mentioned, I have only three other pieces of artwork from others that I have sought out for me to own (and they are watercolors). Your accepting of my needs for your personal vision helps me. And gives me an image that I will be happy to own. (I still need to talk with Clix about hers) Shame that your days of the SX-70 are limited. :(

On another note. A shame that Polaroid has stopped production of the film. It will be missed by the likes of you, and those that manipulated the emulsion during processing.

OutThere

macrumors 603
Dec 19, 2002
NYC
FrankieTDouglas said:

brant.jpg

Polaroids can have a cool look to them...a little soft and muted and different than you see with 35mm or digital. I have an old 1 step flash somewhere...might get it out and play with it a little. :)

Chip NoVaMac

macrumors G3
Dec 25, 2003
Northern Virginia
seenew said:
Here's my shot for the day

Make: NIKON
Model: E8800
Shutter Speed: 10/561 second
F Number: F/3.2
Focal Length: 9 mm
ISO Speed: 50
Date Picture Taken: Nov 15, 2005, 9:20:50 AM

19_weHaveAThemeSong.jpg

An awesome shot. Let me suggest that you do your future submissions as attachments. This will allow us to enjoy the image if the link disappears. For this is a great capture.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.