Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

.dingledorph

macrumors newbie
Dec 3, 2005
Denmark
This is my first picture post.
I took the picture a couple of months ago while backpacking. I was completely new to SLR photography (and still is) so the picture is technically flawed, but I still find it amazing. Only editing is auto tone, cropped and watermarked.

Canon 400D
ISO200
18mm
f/3.5
1/13 sec
Kit lens

Sunset lakeside Phnom Penh Cambodia

iagnnaabg.jpg

pdxflint

macrumors 68020
Aug 25, 2006
Oregon coast
update

Wow, was he ok after rescue?

PLEASE KEEP US UPDATED as to this dog condition. He looks like my labrador retriever... Even in that sad state he looks so happy... becareful putting the weight back on him...

Thanks to you both for asking... and yes, he's doing just fine up here in Oregon with me now. It's been a few months now. I'm going to break a rule just this once, and post more than one photo in this post, but they'll be smaller and in reference to your inquiries... :) (note to mods: if you need to delete this post, I understand)

Recent Charlie pics:
DSC_4568.JPG

DSC_4555.JPG

DSC_4718.JPG

For more pics of the story, with captions/slideshow visit Saving Charlie and Saving Charlie 2. Thanks

pdxflint

macrumors 68020
Aug 25, 2006
Oregon coast
Whalehead Rock at sunset

I was driving down the Oregon coastline yesterday, and I saw this. That entire region, by the way, is incredible.

Canon 5D
24-70L @ 70mm
f/10
1/250

1255212840_a4bc200865_o.jpg

Really beautiful shot. Of course these kinds of scenes are why I love living here on the Oregon coast... A+

baby duck monge

macrumors 68000
Feb 16, 2003
Memphis, TN
Taken from inside a little room inside a mid-size building inside a large Forbidden City.

Beijing, China
Olympus E-500
Taken: 7/31/07
Shutter Speed: 1/40
Aperture: f/3.5
Focal Length: 14mm
Flash: Off
ISO: 200

Lovesong

macrumors 65816
Beautiful photo Lovesong! Been awhile since I was on the Oregon coast. Its a beautiful area of the world :)

Really beautiful shot. Of course these kinds of scenes are why I love living here on the Oregon coast... A+

Thanks all. Yeah- that was an incredible trip.
Here is another one, I believe the place was called Pistol River

Canon 5D
24-70L @ 30mm
f/11
1/80

Edit: Sorry, that's what I het for trying something new. Here it is:

1259897741_19ac040b60_b.jpg

pdxflint

macrumors 68020
Aug 25, 2006
Oregon coast
Thanks all. Yeah- that was an incredible trip.
Here is another one, I believe the place was called Pistol River

Canon 5D
24-70L @ 30mm
f/11
1/80

[Removed]

FYI, your pic didn't show up for me... my browser wanted username/password for idisk.mac.com at gallery.mac.com...

Hey, everybody knows what it is, right?
1258210225_04a9555c9a.jpg

I actually watched it in the early morning hours. It was quite amazing to watch the full moon become a much dimmer, orange orb in the clear night sky. Very cool, and wondrous.

baby duck monge

macrumors 68000
Feb 16, 2003
Memphis, TN
FYI, your pic didn't show up for me... my browser wanted username/password for idisk.mac.com at gallery.mac.com...

Ditto for me. I was very confused about what was happening. And it actually happened again when I clicked "Quote" to make my reply. Very odd. You should host the pic someplace like Fotki.com so we can all see it (or even resize and upload to MR)!

JMD123

macrumors member
Aug 21, 2007
Thanks to you both for asking... and yes, he's doing just fine up here in Oregon with me now. It's been a few months now. I'm going to break a rule just this once, and post more than one photo in this post, but they'll be smaller and in reference to your inquiries... :) (note to mods: if you need to delete this post, I understand)

Recent Charlie pics:
DSC_4568.JPG

DSC_4555.JPG

DSC_4718.JPG

For more pics of the story, with captions/slideshow visit Saving Charlie and Saving Charlie 2. Thanks

Thank you for shareing this success story. And most of all thanks for saving this dog.

JMD123

macrumors member
Aug 21, 2007
Phil

I just looked at all 212 photos of your trip and rescue of Charlie. Im touched by your kindness for charlie. 15 years ago I rescued a yellow lab that looked alot like chrlie from a freeway in downtown Los ANgeles. Of course we named the dog freeway. he went to live with my brother in northern cal and was the best dog for 8 years, until he lost his battle with cancer. we still talk about freeway.

We know have tachahashi. A yellow lab that we rescued 4 years ago.
Here is a photo of when we first got him.

Attachments

• Tacha Window 3.jpg
    Tacha Window 3.jpg
    394.2 KB · Views: 72

pdxflint

macrumors 68020
Aug 25, 2006
Oregon coast
I just looked at all 212 photos of your trip and rescue of Charlie. Im touched by your kindness for charlie. 15 years ago I rescued a yellow lab that looked alot like chrlie from a freeway in downtown Los ANgeles. Of course we named the dog freeway. he went to live with my brother in northern cal and was the best dog for 8 years, until he lost his battle with cancer. we still talk about freeway.

We know have tachahashi. A yellow lab that we rescued 4 years ago.
Here is a photo of when we first got him.

Thanks for your kind words, and for doing your part to save Freeway and tachahashi - he looks so loveable. Cheers!

srf4real

macrumors 68040
Jul 25, 2006
paradise beach FL
pdxflint, you're a good soul.:)

Been going through older pix weeding out the poor ones... (running out of hd space.)

This one is a keeper, I think, but it needed a little pse help.;)

P1030395e.jpg

Lumix FZ-50
over-exposed with poor in-camera white balance...:rolleyes:

Silverbird0000

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2006
Fort Myers, FL

Recent Charlie pics:
DSC_4568.JPG

DSC_4555.JPG

DSC_4718.JPG

I just wanted to say thank you so much for saving Charlie and the other dogs. I love animals so much and volunteer at the animal shelters in my area. I got chills while looking through the photos of Charlie and seeing how well he has recovered! You and your wife are heros!

Silverbird0000

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2006
Fort Myers, FL
DSC02631.jpg

Burning wick. For some reason the uploaded version lost some resolution in the embers, but it looks awesome in the full version. Thought I'd share. It's been raining here, so i've been stuck in the house.

Camera: Sony DSC-H5
Shutter: 1/250
Aperture: f/5
Camera lens focal length: 45mm
With Raynox DCR-250 macro attachment lens

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.