Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

libertyterran

macrumors member
Apr 12, 2007
I took this picture outside Art Exhibition Center, Canberra, right after the lunar eclipse. A bit of photoshop here and there. I like the way it turned out.
1266009159_2d99df4cb4_o.jpg

baby duck monge

macrumors 68000
Feb 16, 2003
Memphis, TN
still a nice photo, but isn't this the same as #7883, from 27 august?
Perhaps some more sleep? :)

Sure enough. I guess that's what I get for posting in the middle of the night. And also taking 16 hours of class and working two jobs. I should really think about cutting back on something.

Nice catch. I will try not to duplicate my picture again. ;) I guess on the upside it means that someone is looking at what I post. :D

miranda.danny

macrumors member
May 29, 2007
Providence, RI
Ted's Seat

My sister and I were at the Red Sox game on August 14th where the sox scored two in the bottom of the ninth to walk off. After the game I took some shots of the empty seats at Fenway.

Camera: Canon EOS XTi
Lens: Canon 50mm f/1.8 II
ISO: 800
Exposure: 1/80 @ f/2.5

pdxflint

macrumors 68020
Aug 25, 2006
Oregon coast
1260747838_b71f404df1_o.jpg

This little guy always saves the day when I have nothing to photograph.

D40x
1/160
f 5.6
55mm

He's a real beauty...!

pdxflint, you're a good soul.:)

Thank you for that sentiment. At least part of me is a good soul :D - I won't talk about the rest of me...;) The thing is, I don't think there's anyone who when faced with that choice wouldn't do whatever they could to help an animal, or person in dire need. It's inside of all of us, I truly believe.

I just wanted to say thank you so much for saving Charlie and the other dogs. I love animals so much and volunteer at the animal shelters in my area. I got chills while looking through the photos of Charlie and seeing how well he has recovered! You and your wife are heros!

Trisha is definitely my dog-lover soulmate. If anyone's a hero, it's her. It's so great that you are able to use your love of animals to volunteer on their behalf. Cheers, and thanks.

Hey,

I enjoyed going through the slideshow and seeing how well Charlie is doing, poor boy.

I also enjoyed seeing pictures of my stomping grounds around the UofA and Santa Cruz river trails.

Glad you enjoyed the pictures/slideshow. We had a good time in Tucson where we stayed 5 days while waiting for a flight we could put Charlie on up to Portland. I wish I had done more photography of the area, but do plan to return. We love the UofA - especially the Center Of Creative Photography. It's an amazing resource.

steamboat26

macrumors 65816
May 25, 2006
Arlington VA
Silverbird0000 that is a really cool picture :cool:

zblaxberg you wouldn't happen to go to JMU, would you?
I knew i recognized those train tracks with the tennis courts nearby

pdxflint

macrumors 68020
Aug 25, 2006
Oregon coast
In the woods...

A small slice of the forest at our place up here on the Oregon coast.

DSC_0735.JPG

Model: NIKON D50
Exposure: 1/20 sec
Aperture: f/5.6
Focal Length: 55mm
Lens: Nikkor 18-55 f/3.5-5.6

freebooter

macrumors 65816
Feb 24, 2005
Daegu, South Korea
Nice, pumped up colors, and a real glow to this scene. I wouldn't mind seeing more wide-angle stuff from you - I've been thinking about the Sigma 10-20 for my next lens...

Thanks!
That Sigma is a good one. I'm glad I bought it.
Once the bugs die off, I'll no doubt be back into the wider world. :)

freebooter

macrumors 65816
Feb 24, 2005
Daegu, South Korea
Stretch Bug

stretch_bug_two.jpg

Stretch Bug
August, 2007.
Daegu, South Korea.
Nikon D40
Micro Nikkor 105mm D
built-in flash with diffuser​

A top o' the mountain, running pic from a couple of weeks ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.