Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thr33face

macrumors 6502
May 28, 2006
"Does it make your eyes hurt?"

Camera: Nikon D40
ISO: 800
Shutter/Aperture: 1/50 @ f/4+5.6
Lens: 135/2.8 + 50/1.8D

epicwelshman

macrumors 6502a
Apr 6, 2006
Nassau, Bahamas
"Does it make your eyes hurt?"

ISO: 800
Shutter/Aperture: 1/50 @ f/4+5.6
Lens: 135/2.8 + 50/1.8D

Holy... ow, my eyes.

Anyway, mine for the day...

1410173056_2b6e7d885f_o.jpg

shieldyoureyes

macrumors 6502
Nov 1, 2005
Uppsala, Sweden
Port O'Brien playing at San Luis Obispo, CA

1474254856_e2d9c9908a.jpg

Camera: Mamiya C220
Lens: 80mm f/2.8 Sekor
Film: Delta 3200 in D76 Stock

I forgot the battery for my light meter (Nikon D80), and half way through the show they turned all lights off. So I was stuck shooting meterless with a manual flash in near darkness.

Lots of things wrong with this photo...exposure was off, a lot of dust, blown highlights, but I still like the way it turned out.

freebooter

macrumors 65816
Feb 24, 2005
Daegu, South Korea
Early Fall

Early-Fall-Yongji.jpg

Early Fall
Nikon D80 + Sigma 10-20mm
September, 2007.
Mt. Yongji, South Korea​

I live down by that lake. I like to run up and along the ridge to the top o' the mountain, where this picture this was taken.

blaster_boy

macrumors 6502
Jan 31, 2004
Belgium

Early Fall
September, 2007.
Mt. Yongji, South Korea​

I live down by that lake. I like to run up and along the ridge to the top o' the mountain, where this picture this was taken.

Sigh. I love this picture. Really ! I love all the freebooter pics. But it makes it so very hard for an amateur like me to post something afterwards...

I think you could easely make your living from selling your pictures, freebooter (if you haven't already).

Thanks for sharing your eye for beauty with us.:D

pdxflint

macrumors 68020
Aug 25, 2006
Oregon coast
Early-Fall-Yongji.jpg

Early Fall
September, 2007.
Mt. Yongji, South Korea​

Really nice. I love the composition, with the distant city and the low ceiling above it - makes it look like it's tucked down in a hidden middle earth type of place...

Here's mine for today - part of a Cascade Head series I posted earlier. Shot taken from slopes of Cascade Head near Lincoln City, OR., looking south over the mouth of the Salmon River. The area is part of the Nature Conservancy, and the fence was erected to keep foot traffic out of sensitive areas after too much love and attention from hikers in the past... still, hikers are on their honor because there isn't really any enforcement..

DSC_2361.JPG

Model: NIKON D50
ISO: 1600
Exposure: 1/25 sec
Aperture: f/14.0
Focal Length: 18mm w/18-55 kit lens

zblaxberg

Jan 22, 2007
East coast, baby!:p

A secret spot called paradise beach a little south of the launch pads at Kennedy Space Center... but north of Sebastian Inlet.;)

P1170777e.jpg

fz50
420mm equiv.
f/6.3
1/800 sec

I feel like this picture is a little washed out. I think it would look a little nicer if it were brought into photoshop and the colors were enhanced...maybe the contrast messed with a little.

freebooter

macrumors 65816
Feb 24, 2005
Daegu, South Korea
Has Freebooter vanished recently? I need my macro bug fix!
Haven't seen any images from him in a few days....
I have hardly taken any pictures in September. The weather/forest was rather dull in September, and a few things have sapped my creative juices lately. On the positive side, I have a two month trip to S.E. Asia coming in November/December. I'll be taking a course for a month in Chiang Mai, Thailand in Nov. and then I'll go to Cambodia and Laos. I'll post...most likely when I get back, but sooner if I can. :) I'm having a tough time deciding exactly how much gear to take--ultra-light, light, medium, or full-metal-jacket. :cool: Probably medium, but I'm hitting Hong Kong or Tokyo on the way, so...

Sigh. I love this picture. Really ! I love all the freebooter pics. But it makes it so very hard for an amateur like me to post something afterwards...

I think you could easely make your living from selling your pictures, freebooter (if you haven't already).

Thanks for sharing your eye for beauty with us.:D

No, thank you for looking and commenting! Comments like that spur me on.

Really nice. I love the composition, with the distant city and the low ceiling above it - makes it look like it's tucked down in a hidden middle earth type of place...

Thanx a lot.
I went through the last several pages just now and your shots really stand out.

epicwelshman

macrumors 6502a
Apr 6, 2006
Nassau, Bahamas
Early-Fall-Yongji.jpg

Early Fall
September, 2007.
Mt. Yongji, South Korea​

Welcome back!

Here's mine for the day. Not strictly photography I know, and I apologise for that. However, I'm quite happy with how my little planet turned out, so please forgive me this time :)

1483805651_144d541da0.jpg

oblomow

macrumors 601
Apr 14, 2005
Netherlands
I went camping at Yosemite this weekend...

Canon 5D
24-70L @ 24mm
30s
f/3.2
tripod

I like it. Remembers me of my first camping trip in Utah. The dry air, lack of light pollution caused an extremely bright sky. Must have spend 2 hours laying on my back and watching the stars.

At home there is far too many light pollution, dust in the air and clouds.

Silverbird0000

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2006
Fort Myers, FL
DSC_0719.jpg

Where I live, in downtown Fort Myers, FL. It was pretty cloudy, but I think it came out cool. I upped the contrast to show the clouds better and converted to B&W.

Shutter: 1/400
Aperture: f/4.8
Focal Length: 120mm
Lens: 55mm-200mm VR

pdxflint

macrumors 68020
Aug 25, 2006
Oregon coast
Thanx a lot.
I went through the last several pages just now and your shots really stand out.

Cheers - I appreciate that. I'm just having a great time viewing all the great pics that wind up here. This is a really supportive community with few pretensions, which makes learning from each other fun. I learn something every day from you, and all the others here...:)

I went camping at Yosemite this weekend...

Canon 5D
24-70L @ 24mm
30s
f/3.2
tripod
1484675064_e0e7a3d839_o.jpg

This is a great capture. It makes me feel like I'm right there. It would look amazing printed really big.

Welcome back!

Here's mine for the day. Not strictly photography I know, and I apologise for that. However, I'm quite happy with how my little planet turned out, so please forgive me this time :)

1483805651_144d541da0.jpg

What a cool little world...;)
DSC_0719.jpg

Where I live, in downtown Fort Myers, FL. It was pretty cloudy, but I think it came out cool. I upped the contrast to show the clouds better and converted to B&W.

Shutter: 1/400
Aperture: f/4.8
Focal Length: 120mm
Lens: 55mm-200mm VR

This has some nice tonal values, and really works well as a b/w shot. Good job!

Silverbird0000

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2006
Fort Myers, FL
Cheers - I appreciate that. I'm just having a great time viewing all the great pics that wind up here. This is a really supportive community with few pretensions, which makes learning from each other fun. I learn something every day from you, and all the others here...:)

This has some nice tonal values, and really works well as a b/w shot. Good job!

Thank you very much! I'm doing a collage of downtown pictures to do on a wall in my condo. I thought it would be cool to do a downtown thing in a downtown condo. It's going to be all black and white images, and this is one of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.