Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

seenew

macrumors 68000
Dec 1, 2005
Brooklyn
Here's one I took inside the High Museum of Art in Atlanta, Georgia. Taken last fall, one of my first shoots with my now-deceased Nikon Coolpix 8800. I love the architecture of this building.

Has anyone else been there?

Make: NIKON
Model: E8800
Shutter Speed: 10/2385 second
F Number: F/6.3
Focal Length: 9 mm
ISO Speed: 50
Date Picture Taken: Nov 15, 2005, 10:36:16 AM

thereGoesTheFuture.jpg

JGruber

macrumors 6502
Feb 13, 2006
Here is my latest

My Friends Daughter sleeping...

Converted to Black & White in Photoshop sharpness increased to bring out the rings.

Attachments

• foot_bw.jpg
    foot_bw.jpg
    183 KB · Views: 80

JGruber

macrumors 6502
Feb 13, 2006
annk - Thanks for the comments.. it totally wasn't ment to look like that, my wife had the idea for that picture, I dont think it turned out too bad...

annk

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 18, 2004
Somewhere over the rainbow
JGruber said:
annk - Thanks for the comments.. it totally wasn't ment to look like that, my wife had the idea for that picture, I dont think it turned out too bad...

I know, I knew as I was writing it that it's actually a really personal picture of a tiny baby's foot, and that your friend (the mother or father) will really treasure it. And then it occurred to me that it could easily be in The New Yorker or some other upscale mag, as an ad for some expensive jewelry store.

freebooter

macrumors 65816
Feb 24, 2005
Daegu, South Korea
Night Market Snack - Seoul

Fruit.jpg

July 8, 2006
Seoul, South Korea
Fuji F30
f2.8@1/140
iso 200
8 mm (around 35mm)
spot metered, normal program

I had just bought the F30 that afternoon in Seoul. The night action in Namdeamun market proved a suitable testing ground for this camera's vaunted low light capacities. Aside from a slight crop, I didn't need to alter the photo whatsoever. This is how I remember the scene looking. I really like this camera--the lens is sharp, and iso 800 is fantastic for a p&s--but as mentioned in the reviews one often needs to work at getting good sunny day pic.s. Anyway, I'm finding Korea to be a great place to take pictures.

xrays

macrumors member
Jan 6, 2005
Toronto, ON
Dog wants cake

This was taken this past weekend at my nephew's 2-month birthday party (which was also a friendly bbq party).

Attachments

• picture-13.jpg
    picture-13.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 57

seenew

macrumors 68000
Dec 1, 2005
Brooklyn
Taken on my family trip to Disney World after my graduation. This is their replacement of the "Electrical Light Parade" or whatever. It's called Spectromagic, now.

Make: NIKON
Model: E8800
Shutter Speed: 2 seconds
F Number: F/2.8
Focal Length: 9 mm
ISO Speed: 50
Date Picture Taken: May 29, 2006, 9:20:11 PM

spectromagic.jpg

gekko513

macrumors 603
Oct 16, 2003
Ooo, very nice and curvy in so many dimensions, Abstract. I didn't care much for the trash can when I opened the full size image, though.

B

BigMäc

Sugar-beet field, Thayngen CH - 8/09/06

maxdet said:
I would love to share my pictures but I'm a little now to macrumors... I can't manage to get them on my post. Help?!
The Upload button is currently missing, i had to store it on my webspace.

IMG_2320.jpg

Camera: Canon EOS 30D
ISO: 100
Focal Length: 50 mm
Shutter/Aperture: 1/100 @ f11
Lens: EF 50 mm f1.8 II

JGruber

macrumors 6502
Feb 13, 2006
BigMac - Nice Picture...

How did you get the thin white boarder on the outside of the picture?

B

BigMäc

JGruber said:
How did you get the thin white boarder on the outside of the picture?

In Photoshop, I extended the canvas size by 2 pixels with color set to white, but I heard scripts exist to automate adding picture frames.

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
gekko513 said:
Ooo, very nice and curvy in so many dimensions, Abstract. I didn't care much for the trash can when I opened the full size image, though.

Me too. Was going to go over and move it, but since I was in a busy area and was already surprised I got the chance to shoot it with nobody in the frame, I just shot it with regrets. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.