Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

simie

macrumors 65816
Aug 26, 2004
Sitting
iGary said:
It does not matter when the picture was taken, as long as you only post ONE SINGLE IMAGE per day. Make sure to post a date, location and description.

Please use this format when posting:

Blue Angels Flight Demonstration, U.S. Naval Academy/Severn River, Annapolis, MD 5/24/06

And if you like, post your EXIF data, so others may learn if they want to - but please use the following format (optional). If you do not know what you have or only have a couple of bits, post those, but in the order listed below, leaving out the titles of what you do not have, please.

Camera: Canon EOS 20D
ISO: 400
Focal Length: 220mm
Shutter/Aperture: 1/1000 @ f11
Lens: EF 100-400L f4.5-5.6 IS USM

Sorry for not using the correct format - i'll get it right another day.

Applespider

macrumors G4
Taken 29 May 2006 at the Pantheon in Rome, Italy

I'm just sorry that it was so crowded and I didn't have a wide-angle lens to catch the the perfect circle that it cast onto the floor.

That roof is nearly 2000 years old - and the oculus is the only source of light and is open to the elements. I could sit for days in that building and not know it.

Attachments

• pantheon.jpg
    pantheon.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 241

Chip NoVaMac

macrumors G3
Dec 25, 2003
Northern Virginia
Applespider said:
Taken 29 May 2006 at the Pantheon in Rome, Italy

I'm just sorry that it was so crowded and I didn't have a wide-angle lens to catch the the perfect circle that it cast onto the floor.

That roof is nearly 2000 years old - and the oculus is the only source of light and is open to the elements. I could sit for days in that building and not know it.

Nice shot. Too bad it was done on digital. The blown highlights at the oculus takes away a little. Still a nice shot though.

Applespider

macrumors G4
Chip NoVaMac said:
Nice shot. Too bad it was done on digital. The blown highlights at the oculus takes away a little. Still a nice shot though.

Thanks... the blown highlight is irritating but with the contrast in lighting levels with a pretty dark interior and a P&S, I'm not sure what I could have done to avoid it. I have just realised that the F10 bumped itself up to ISO800 for that shot so perhaps if I'd left the ISO on manual and played a little, I might have been able to reduce it.

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
^^I don't know why people don't just try following instructions. Just post the time and place.

Anyway: Adelaide, Australia on Oct 23, 2006.

Two friends and I were walking around because we were bored, and my friend and I, who both decided that we really liked photography (and that's when I decided to attempt to get into it more), decided to bring our little cameras along and passed through what was probably Chinatown. We were in town for a conference.

Attachments

• IMG_1867.JPG
    IMG_1867.JPG
    86.6 KB · Views: 222

iGary

Original poster
May 26, 2004
Randy's House
Abstract said:
^^I don't know why people don't just try following instructions. Just post the time and place.

Anyway: Adelaide, Australia on Oct 23, 2006.

Two friends and I were walking around because we were bored, and my friend and I, who both decided that we really liked photography (and that's when I decided to attempt to get into it more), decided to bring our little cameras along and passed through what was probably Chinatown. We were in town for a conference.

Nice. It doesn't look anything like I would expect Australia to look like. :)

peterparker

macrumors regular
Mar 12, 2005
Houston
155942362_a63a6bbaab.jpg

Pollination, Pasadena, TX 5/29/2006

Camera: Nikon D50
ISO: 200
Focal Length: 55mm
Shutter/Aperture: 1/250 @ f/8
Lens: Nikkor 18-55mm

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
Hoooo boy, I got some random kangaroo photos as early as May 10th, 2006, and let me tell you something about kangaroos: They're not very good at dodging cars. :eek:

This one I saw just got lucky. If I swerved a little early, maybe I would have got him. :( (Oh well, next time)

Tomorrow, my friend. A kangaroo photo will be posted tomorrow.

tonyeck

macrumors 6502
Sep 3, 2004
Las Vegas, NV
Washington Memorial, From Virginia, 05/29/06

Camera: Canon Digital Rebel XT
Focal Length: 100mm
Shutter/Aperture: 8.0s @ f18
Lens: EF 100mm f2.8 Macro USM

IMG_2350.jpg

Errr, compression really hurt this image :)

Chip NoVaMac

macrumors G3
Dec 25, 2003
Northern Virginia
tonyeck said:
Washington Memorial, From Virginia, 05/29/06

Camera: Canon Digital Rebel XT
Focal Length: 100mm
Shutter/Aperture: 8.0s @ f18
Lens: EF 100mm f2.8 Macro USM

IMG_2350.jpg

Errr, compression really hurt this image :)

A decent capture. Hope that you might share a few other images in this thread: https://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=2462743

{Sorry Gary, your thread seemed to bump up against mine in a small way. A few posts would have been great in my thread. :D But I love the idea behind your thread here.

You and I seem to be on the same page in photo postings to give others ideas on how to come away with winning images.}

tonyeck

macrumors 6502
Sep 3, 2004
Las Vegas, NV
Chip NoVaMac said:
A decent capture. Hope that you might share a few other images in this thread: https://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=2462743

{Sorry Gary, your thread seemed to bump up against mine in a small way. A few posts would have been great in my thread. :D But I love the idea behind your thread here.

You and I seem to be on the same page in photo postings to give others ideas on how to come away with winning images.}

I was readying a few images for your thread too :)

Chip NoVaMac

macrumors G3
Dec 25, 2003
Northern Virginia
tonyeck said:
I was readying a few images for your thread too :)

Thanks, I wanted to have something that showed different aspects to our lives in that thread.

Gary just hit on an idea that may well go down as the greatest thread in MR history.

tonyeck

macrumors 6502
Sep 3, 2004
Las Vegas, NV
Chip NoVaMac said:
Thanks, I wanted to have something that showed different aspects to our lives in that thread.

Gary just hit on an idea that may well go down as the greatest thread in MR history.

:) what is it then?!

FrankieTDouglas

macrumors 68000
Mar 10, 2005
"A Muddy Memorial," West Monroe, LA, 5/29/06

Camera: Nikon d70s
ISO: 800
Focal Length: 18mm
Shutter/Aperture: 1/50 @ f4.5
Lens: Nikon 18-70 DX

krystian.jpg

Silentwave

macrumors 68000
May 26, 2006
Audrey III, a rather special plant, at the Fairchild Tropical Botanic Gardens:
Click here for more info.
May 6th, 2006 1:35PM.

Camera: Nikon D2HS
Focal Length: 55mm
Shutter/Aperture: 1/500 sec. f/5.6
Lens: Nikon AF-S DX 17-55mm f/2.8G ED-IF Aspherical

68200057-L.jpg

I hope you all like it. Please tell me what you think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.