Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JBGoode

macrumors 65816
Jun 16, 2018
My toddler niece doesn't complain of the weight of these phones. It's hysterical to see grown men and women complain about something that weighs ounces.

(and if anyone really thinks that any iPhone will be as thick as in that picture, I'm laughing at you.Also the iPhone 14 certainly isn't pictured)

LoganSpinks29

macrumors newbie
Sep 13, 2017
Speaking of Samsung, if you want to see what a real thick phone looks like, get the fold. You can’t put that thing in your pocket when it’s unfolded, and folded up, that thing is a brick. Try carrying that around in your pocket, and then compare it to the iPhone.

calstanford

Suspended
Nov 25, 2014
Hong Kong
Speaking of Samsung, if you want to see what a real thick phone looks like, get the fold. You can’t put that thing in your pocket when it’s unfolded, and folded up, that thing is a brick. Try carrying that around in your pocket, and then compare it to the iPhone.
Comparing it makes no sense as it's a totally different device. I don't compare an 11" iPad with an iPad mini either. They're not the same thing (size and weight-wise)

LoganSpinks29

macrumors newbie
Sep 13, 2017
Comparing it makes no sense as it's a totally different device. I don't compare an 11" iPad with an iPad mini either. They're not the same thing (size and weight-wise)
Very true, but the fact remains, when folded, it slips into a pocket, and is the size of a regular phone. I understand that they are completely different devices, but I was simply pointing out that it is quite a thick phone when compared to an iPhone.

tivoboy

macrumors 601
May 15, 2005
I would assume the iPhone 6.7 non-pro phone next year will be lighter than the pro max this year. Maybe that will be a better choice for some.
I’m not really sure how this would happen. I don’t see them getting any LIGHTER next year, but possibly a tad thinner, but only fractions of a mm. Battery density/mWh isn’t really going to change, the internals won’t either. They might get away from the glass back and move back to some allow or some higher level allow, but that would increase cost for not enough value in my opinion. Same with chassis, they could move to a more expensive composite or alternate allow, like titanium, which would allow again a tiny reduction is size for a reduction in weight, but would increase cost, and apple really is about maintaining margins or increasing them if at all possible. So, based on performance demands (120hz screens, overall full date performance, 5G radios ((and even talk of Satellite radios, don’t get me STARTED on that battery impact))). I can’t really see a weight reduction in the near future.

Reactions: biracialfamily91

QCassidy352

macrumors G5
Mar 20, 2003
Bay Area
My toddler niece doesn't complain of the weight of these phones. It's hysterical to see grown men and women complain about something that weighs ounces.
How many hours a day does your toddler niece use an iPhone? Does she carry it in her pants pockets or suit jacket? Does she use it one handed while doing other tasks?

even a full sized iPad is easy to use when you’re sitting down and using it with both hands. That’s not what we’re talking about.

akidokraja

macrumors 6502
Jan 19, 2013
I wish they would make iPhone 14 half as thin so I have to charge it every few hours. Nothing feels better than being tethered to wall with a cable. or even better - don’t even have a battery but keep it permanently attached to power source like a desktop. That way it could be super super thin.

kp98077

macrumors 601
Oct 26, 2010
The thickness and weight of these phones is insane. So what did Apple do? Made them thicker and heavier!

I used to think the picture below was a joke. Now I know it's just a leaked image of the iPhone 14 in its case.

View attachment 1834432
well should be in the front pocket for starters lol..

Maconplasma

Cancelled
Sep 15, 2020
This forum cracks me up, man.

Apple focuses on thinness and lightness? "WHAT THE HELL, WHO CARES ABOUT HOW THIN AND LIGHT IT IS?! GIVE US A BIGGER BATTERY!"

Apple focuses on battery and features? "WHAT THE HELL, WHO CARES ABOUT THE BATTERY?!? MAKE IT THINNER AND LIGHTER!"
Wow you totally took the words out of my mouth. ? I'm starting to understand that people are purposely hating on Apple for no good reason.

Reactions: mizzourah

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
To people who complain the phone is too thick, I'd like to remind you iPhone 6 bendgate exist. Thin device is always worse for long-term use because it's too fragile. Given lots of people use their jeans as the best place to put their phone, Apple should not make the phone thinner again.

Oh and some previous comments remind me: phone too heavy and they temporarily give up wireless charging for a lighter phone? No way. Go to do some exercise I guess? :D:p

Last edited:
Reactions: protobiont

gumbyhw

macrumors regular
Nov 6, 2006
What I don’t understand is couldn’t they have structured the battery so there wouldn’t be a camera bump any more? Then the damned thing would sit flat on a table again.

Reactions: klasma

Fred Zed

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2019
Upstate NY . Was FL.
Love it. If theyre making mini mid and large devices might as well go all out and give us a 7 incher next time around. If you don't like it get the smaller one. Job done.

Reactions: tedley
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.