Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hughmac

macrumors 603
Feb 4, 2012
Kent, UK
Glad I didn't get called out on the GAS front ;)

Don't want to put a dampener on your purchase Hugh, but I had the Voigt 15mm LTM that I used a lot on my Fuji XE1 and absolutely adored. On the A7 it was atrocious. Really bad colour cast. I had to sell it and it broke my heart.
Yeah, I'm half expecting to be disappointed, but one must try first before really shelling out ;)

Cheers :)

Hugh

Reactions: kenoh

TheDrift-

macrumors 6502a
Mar 8, 2010
When I hear or see GAS, I think of you Ken, so I don't reckon there's anybody here with a worse case, sorry ;)

So you're already considering an M10?

You're a bugger really, because I keep thinking if he can buy one ...
... but, I still have my 2010 MacBook which runs Sierra fine.

I did buy a Voigtlander 15mm the other day, but only because I need it :D

Hugh

Yes kenoh is defo a bad influence, I am sure it was him who convinced me to get an m10.

.....I was sure that was going to be it...then he mentioned the 35 cron to go with the 50 lux...then it was a camera to keep me going till my m10 arrived....(lonnng waiting list)

Reactions: Hughmac and kenoh

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Original poster
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
Yes kenoh is defo a bad influence, I am sure it was him who convinced me to get an m10.

.....I was sure that was going to be it...then he mentioned the 35 cron to go with the 50 lux...then it was a camera to keep me going till my m10 arrived....(lonnng waiting list)
Ken's a bad influence on us all!
Still he won't be around much. I hear Mrs @kenoh has withdrawn his internet privileges for spending too much at the :apple: store ;)

kenoh

macrumors 604
Jul 18, 2008
Glasgow, UK
Actually I think it's version 1 (with LTM thread). I understand about the colour cast but I'm giving it a try before going for a version 3 if I can't cope with it in post. A little bit of vignetting at f/8 is what I do with landscapes anyway. If I'm wrong I will sell and buy another if I like it enough.

Getting close to what, cheeky beggar :p

Anything I buy (including the brand new motorbike 2 weeks ago ;) ) is a necessary purchase :D

Hugh

Getting close to being acutely Gasmatic like me!

ooo... v1 LTM nice... yeah hope it works out for you. Thing is if you like B&W then it isnt an issue as the colour cast goes away then.. :)

ha ha ha... motorbike!!!! be careful...
[doublepost=1492106760][/doublepost]
Lol you lot crack me up.

I suppose everyone can't be as frugal as me!

Now where do I get some cheap Lee filters for my 14-24mm....;)
[doublepost=1492105071][/doublepost]
Pictures or it didn't happen.

Lee filters!!!!! have you seen the price of those things!?!?!? and the firecrests too!!!! OMG!!!!
[doublepost=1492106807][/doublepost]
Yeah, I'm half expecting to be disappointed, but one must try first before really shelling out ;)

Hugh

Yep... you have to walk your own path my friend..

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Original poster
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK

ooo... v1 LTM nice... yeah hope it works out for you. Thing is if you like B&W then it isnt an issue as the colour cast goes away then.. :)

Lee filters!!!!! have you seen the price of those things!?!?!? and the firecrests too!!!! OMG!!!!
[doublepost=1492106807][/doublepost]

Yep... you have to walk your own path my friend..
It's okay. I know a guy who can get me a discount!

Actually I've just bought a boiler for £2400 so I'm done for a bit!

kenoh

macrumors 604
Jul 18, 2008
Glasgow, UK

WOAH! REFEREE!!!! ... no hang on, yeah think it might have been... no wait! you said you were on the list first THEN I chimed in on the lenses! the 50mm Lux is nice though isnt it? go on admit it...

I would put my name on the M10 list pre-emptively but knowing my luck it would be like the Rolex SeaDweller I bought... paid a deposit, told it would be three years so bought a SubMariner to wear in the meantime, month later.... err... we have your watch! oh awesome! let me just magic that four grand out my backside for you! so er no... when I get one it will be when they are cast offs... can't wait...

So where are you in your process? you excited? I would be... :)
[doublepost=1492107185][/doublepost]
Ken's a bad influence on us all!
Still he won't be around much. I hear Mrs @kenoh has withdrawn his internet privileges for spending too much at the :apple: store ;)

Ha ha ha... she is looking at tiles and paint for the bathroom... so she will be on the naughty step soon enough for that... the world is all a game of timing... :D
[doublepost=1492107246][/doublepost]
Good cos I don't think I can bear the....shot on M10 with Noctilux at 0.95 posts!!

Lol... yeah well that is how I am going to feel the day you post the first "got my M10 today and it is AWESOME!" image...

I deffo want to see a new post with a selfie of you with it and the biggest smug grin you can pull... I mean head split in half your are grinning so much!

Reactions: TheDrift-

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Original poster
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
WOAH! REFEREE!!!! ... no hang on, yeah think it might have been... no wait! you said you were on the list first THEN I chimed in on the lenses! the 50mm Lux is nice though isnt it? go on admit it...

I would put my name on the M10 list pre-emptively but knowing my luck it would be like the Rolex SeaDweller I bought... paid a deposit, told it would be three years so bought a SubMariner to wear in the meantime, month later.... err... we have your watch! oh awesome! let me just magic that four grand out my backside for you! so er no... when I get one it will be when they are cast offs... can't wait...

Ha ha ha... she is looking at tiles and paint for the bathroom... so she will be on the naughty step soon enough for that... the world is all a game of timing... :D

Lol... yeah well that is how I am going to feel the day you post the first "got my M10 today and it is AWESOME!" image...
Lol. Mine was making noises about the lounge looking tired the other day! Next thing I know my photography time will be spent decorating!

Or I might get someone in to do it!

kenoh

macrumors 604
Jul 18, 2008
Glasgow, UK
It's okay. I know a guy who can get me a discount!

Actually I've just bought a boiler for £2400 so I'm done for a bit!

Holy crap! is that how much boilers cost!?!?! we have British Gas homecare and it pays for itself in terms of maintenance and repairs - just had to have the heat exchanger swapped out and that was a £400 part! thankfully my homecare covered it so it only cost me £50!!! phew!

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Original poster
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
Holy crap! is that how much boilers cost!?!?! we have British Gas homecare and it pays for itself in terms of maintenance and repairs - just had to have the heat exchanger swapped out and that was a £400 part! thankfully my homecare covered it so it only cost me £50!!! phew!
Including fitting, new flue and controller.
We bought the house 15 years ago and we didn't put it in, so we have had our money's worth.

kenoh

macrumors 604
Jul 18, 2008
Glasgow, UK
Lol. Mine was making noises about the lounge looking tired the other day! Next thing I know my photography time will be spent decorating!

Decorating I hate with a passion! I will gladly pay someone to do that for me. DIY I am getting OK at but decorating, god no, shoot me please! I spent 2 weeks stripping paper off walls in the house when we moved in... I wanted to cry and I was in so much pain from the scraping and balancing on ladders and sanding and... urgh! nightmare!
[doublepost=1492107603][/doublepost]
Including fitting, new flue and controller.
We bought the house 15 years ago and we didn't put it in, so we have had our money's worth.

Thats not too bad then but still £2400 get back to where you were a month ago is a tough spend.

Hope you get another 15 years from this one!

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Original poster
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
Decorating I hate with a passion! I will gladly pay someone to do that for me. DIY I am getting OK at but decorating, god no, shoot me please! I spent 2 weeks stripping paper off walls in the house when we moved in... I wanted to cry and I was in so much pain from the scraping and balancing on ladders and sanding and... urgh! nightmare!
2 weeks stripping walls? What did you use? A teaspoon?

kenoh

macrumors 604
Jul 18, 2008
Glasgow, UK

and that first paragraph about your old boiler was about the thing that heats the water and the radiators right? I wasnt missing an innuendo about Mrs AFB? because I would have to scold you for that.... cant have that chat here...

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Original poster
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
[doublepost=1492107603][/doublepost]

Thats not too bad then but still £2400 get back to where you were a month ago is a tough spend.

Hope you get another 15 years from this one!
Me too! At least we don't have a mortgage so it's not like I need to give up essentials like tripods!
[doublepost=1492107746][/doublepost]
and that first paragraph about your old boiler was about the thing that heats the water and the radiators right? I wasnt missing an innuendo about Mrs AFB? because I would have to scold you for that.... cant have that chat here...
No chance. Your the dad!

kenoh

macrumors 604
Jul 18, 2008
Glasgow, UK
2 weeks stripping walls? What did you use? A teaspoon?

sometimes I think yes....

9 rooms (behave, not bedrooms!), hallway and landing...
[doublepost=1492107898][/doublepost]
Me too! At least we don't have a mortgage so it's not like I need to give up essentials like tripods!
[doublepost=1492107746][/doublepost]
No chance. Your the dad!

No mortgage? well done... seriously, a man after my own heart. We were so close to not having a mortgage then found out the local secondary school was a war zone that the UN thought was too dangerous to enter... so we had to move.. to a more expensive house and get the noose round my neck again...

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Original poster
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK

Hire the right tool for the job. That's the trick. Or get someone in!
[doublepost=1492108012][/doublepost]

[doublepost=1492107898][/doublepost]

No mortgage? well done... seriously, a man after my own heart. We were so close to not having a mortgage then found out the local secondary school was a war zone that the UN thought was too dangerous to enter... so we had to move.. to a more expensive house and get the noose round my neck again...
Finished at 33. Moving up north (south to you!) helped a lot.

kenoh

macrumors 604
Jul 18, 2008
Glasgow, UK

I did! I had three strippers and a pole.... see where this one is going? ;)

no, I had three steam strippers and a polish guy helping me, a playlist on Spotify and a set of those razor bladed scraper things that ripped my hands to ribbons! made good progress but when something like that needs done, amazing how everyone is "away that weekend"...
[doublepost=1492108154][/doublepost]
[doublepost=1492108012][/doublepost]
Finished at 33. Moving up north (south to you!) helped a lot.

Well played! very well played... yeah North for me is Iceland - great for landscapes, crap for flights to london... :)

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Original poster
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
I did! I had three strippers and a pole.... see where this one is going? ;)

no, I had three steam strippers and a polish guy helping me, a playlist on Spotify and a set of those razor bladed scraper things that ripped my hands to ribbons! made good progress but when something like that needs done, amazing how everyone is "away that weekend"...
[doublepost=1492108154][/doublepost]

Well played! very well played... yeah North for me is Iceland - great for landscapes, crap for flights to london... :)
Those Leica's are no good in the cold!

Steamy strippers and a pole? I bet it got hot!

TheDrift-

macrumors 6502a
Mar 8, 2010

I deffo want to see a new post with a selfie of you with it and the biggest smug grin you can pull... I mean head split in half your are grinning so much!

I put my order in beginning of March I don't expect to see the camera to June/July earliest. There is a very real probability it may be later.

It seems many other countries e.g. Europe and US are moving quicker on orders than the U.K..

I did briefly have the 50 lux, lovely lens by my dealer for me the black chrome instead of the standard black (good price too, only 50 more than the normal version)

But it's heavier and I wanted to save some weight, so I returned it and am awaiting the standard version..I have the 35 cron in the mean time...and I keep looking at 90 f2!!!

And oh yeah I am gonna be so happy when it arrives I am really loving my M-E so far, could do with some more DR as shooting wider to make up for my lack of skill manual focusing.

But yeah defo think I am going to be a full blown leica convert!

Hughmac

macrumors 603
Feb 4, 2012
Kent, UK
The bike of course!

The bike is a retro looking 250cc; I've been biking since I was 19 with various shapes and sizes, stomach is much better now so I'm working my way back to something more powerful again.
I will share some photos when I have time, maybe after nights which starts tonight :(

Hugh

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Original poster
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
The bike is a retro looking 250cc; I've been biking since I was 19 with various shapes and sizes, stomach is much better now so I'm working my way back to something more powerful again.
I will share some photos when I have time, maybe after nights which starts tonight :(

Hugh
Last bike I rode was a Honda 250cc. It was my dads. About 30 years ago!

Reactions: Hughmac and kenoh
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.